HG and Robotech Debates

In response to all this, I bring to you the TRUTH! How anime was really started, how Macross got started. From rt.com:

Effin laughable.

"Contemporary"? How can people be so ignorant in the Information Age, 2011?

*Great* first post dude. What do you do for an encore??

He can start calling EXO and "ROBOTECH/ MACROSS/ BATTLETECH/ WARHAMMER40K/ U.P.S. FANBOY!!!!" also...Actually I'd like to see this happen....Ooh-ooh better yet, start calling Roy that! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man.....With all the craziness in the RT camp. It makes me glad I jumped the HG boat alooooong time ago. Those were some dark days, now that I look back at them.

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

I dont think Westboro would like that association. :lol:

Yeah, I guess I was being a bit unfair to Mr Phelps. LOL

Actually, fill in the gap. The RT fans protest sign would say "God Hates ____________"?

"Contemporary"? How can people be so ignorant in the Information Age, 2011?

"How" they can be so ignorant in this day in age is probably the wrong question to ask here... being ignorant isn't just something endemic to Robotech fandom in general, their ignorance is something that Harmony Gold has been carefully cultivating for years now. Keeping the fanbase as ignorant as possible when it comes to Robotech's origins and actual standing in the industry is the second biggest factor keeping the franchise limping along, right behind the nostalgia of their aging fans. Without the fanbase's willful ignorance, the Robotech fandom would've dried up and died long ago.

RT fandom is like the Westboro Baptist Church of Anime fandom in general.

Apt! It's a good comparison... one that works well with their ignorance and their general belligerence towards anyone who isn't singing from the same psalter they are.

Yeah, I guess I was being a bit unfair to Mr Phelps. LOL

Actually, fill in the gap. The RT fans protest sign would say "God Hates Macross Purist!! ".

Well thats obvious! ;)

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

This week on Robotech

McKeever shows off Robotech's immense popularity:

http://robotechnews....tos-online.html

Robotech DVDs are a success - and futher proof Harmony Gold doesn't need to put out original content

McKeever continues to post about Hollywood's woes. In other words, no LAM buddy? Meanwhile, Akira movie is greenlit with 90M++ budget. What next? Gigantor?

Edited by chrisk

This week on Robotech

McKeever shows off Robotech's immense popularity:

http://robotechnews....tos-online.html

Robotech DVDs are a success - and futher proof Harmony Gold doesn't need to put out original content

McKeever continues to post about Hollywood's woes. In other words, no LAM buddy? Meanwhile, Akira movie is greenlit with 90M++ budget. What next? Gigantor?

It looks like the people raising their hands in that picture to people who look like they're just relaxing after walking around all day seems very roughly 50/50, meaning, your room is really half full. Out of the 50% their actually inside for the panel, maybe 20% are there because of someone they came with, not because they actually want to be there, and out of that same 50%, at least 20% of them are Macross fans over Robotech fans. I'm probably off, but probably not by much. I look back to the AX panel, and while a good portion were Robotech fans, they were Macross fans just the same, and just sat to listen to B.S. and silently ridicule the panel afterward. I know this cause I hung out with a good portion of them.

Also, is it no surprise that there's no news for the Live action RT movie? We are talking about Robotech here.

YOU HAD IT COMING. YOU ARE A ROBOTECH/ MACROSS/ BATTLETECH/ WARHAMMER40K/ U.P.S. FANBOY!!!!

Everyone say hello to RiverJack(ass). He's an extremely annoying idiot that has been banned repeatedly from rt.com and comes back under different names. He basically makes stuff up when it suits him in an argument, swears, or tries to push his religion of big baby jesus on everyone.

Of course! Then again someone who lurks here that posts on RT.com would probably think that you're serious somehow...

Whatever helps them sleep at night waiting for Love Live Alive, the LAM, and Shadow Rising for another year, I don't care.

So, anyone remember VH1's I Love the 80's? It was pretty much interviews with celebrates and popular people at the time talking about specific things that happened in the decade. Each year was given an hour episode, and you know what they didn't talk about for the 1985 episode? Robotech. Even worse, the series was so good that they did two sequels talking about other stuff that wasn't covered the first time. In three episodes devoted to 1985 over the course of the three series, Robotech wasn't a topic. Yet, there were segments devoted to Voltron and Transformers.

My point is maybe it wasn't as popular as certain people say it was even in the mainstream and by celebrities who don't have a future investment in the franchise at the time of being interviewed. To drive the point home, even Wil Wheaton was interviewed, and he looked enthusiastic talking about the Voltron segment.

Edited by Einherjar

Everyone say hello to RiverJack(ass). He's an extremely annoying idiot that has been banned repeatedly from rt.com and comes back under different names. He basically makes stuff up when it suits him in an argument, swears, or tries to push his religion of big baby jesus on everyone.

Morons do pop up from time to time. It's not like it's anything new. As long as you don't feed he animals, they usually get bored, or ban themselves right out.

I guess that's the difference between RT.com and here. We don't really have rules that'll get you banned for liking that stuff. You can say that Kawamori sucks and it won't get you banned, unless you make it a mission to try to convince everyone your point of view, then it's just trolling.

I smell troll.

I SMELL MEMOESE!! WAAGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

Edited by Shaorin

My point is maybe it wasn't as popular as certain people say it was even in the mainstream and by celebrities who don't have a future investment in the franchise at the time of being interviewed. To drive the point home, even Wil Wheaton was interviewed, and he looked enthusiastic taking about the Voltron segment.

That's the thing about the internet, you can focus on only what you want and make something up to be big in your own mind. Any Robotech or Macross fan in the 90's knew they were a part of a niche group, simply because only a handful of other friends ever knew what you were talking about. Between the fact that comic shops only ordered 3-4 copies of each Robotech, or that you had to buy Macross II VHS tapes buried deep within the bottom shelves of Suncoast, it was pretty sobering knowing

Now, thanks to people being able to focus on one thing on the internet, not only the fans, but the people behind Robotech really think it's a big thing. At Anime Expo, when a fan asked about "the movie," Kevin interjected and said "you have to be specific, Robotech is SO BIG that there are THREE movies going on right now!" No, Robotech is not that big. If it were, there'd be more than three people on staff at Harmony Gold handling Robotech.

But, when your job is to go around the internet all day and surf forums, then attend conventions where half the people believe your crappy PR spin, then yes, it's easy to fall into that trap.

Have they started jealously bashing Sayonara Tsubasa over on the rt.com forums yet? Can't bother myself to look.

I haven't checked, but if they did, I wouldn't make anymore of it, other than "sour grapes". Macross has had two, count em', TWO full length, very well animated movies since what, 2009? Robotech has had 1 crappy low budget animated movie since 2006, even longer if you count the time that Alan Letz was going after the big distributor and couldn't hook it. Adding in the fact that Macross has manga, a full length series, toys, food products, posters, and scores of other products, I would be envious too, if I were a in the RT camp.

What's sad, is that I used to be a fan of both. Macross fan first and foremost even as a kid, but I loved both. As much as I've tried to be a fan of both, I just can't be a fan of stupid franchises, so I can't support Robotech as it is now. Maybe I'll surf their website later to see where the degradation is at, at the moment. Maybe I'll have more quotes to post up.

We need a chart so we can identify these refugees. Was it his wording that gave him away or his fake ID?

We need a chart so we can identify these refugees. Was it his wording that gave him away or his fake ID?

It was his avatar of the imperial pilot which he often chose as his rt.com profile pic, and the fact that he quoted things from my rt.com profile notably the u.p.s. thing which I never mentioned here and removed from rt.com awhile ago. If it wasn't for that part I'd swear one of you were being a wise guy.

A lot of nerve calling me a fanboy, when he's not telling us we're going to hell for not taking jesus into our hearts he's claiming the Xenomorphs can kill everything, and emperor palpatine/vader has the same level of force abilities as the guy from force unleashed. He also has an unhealthy obsession with hating the F-22. It got to the point where I created a thread to bait him just to see how far I could push him and make him look like an idiot.

For your groan worthy reading pain/pleasure I present Godzilla vs the Alien Queen...

http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/read.php?id=2104219&forumid=12&pagenumber=1

It also says a lot when rt regulars want him gone more than the mods do.

http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/read.php?id=2128774&forumid=13

But, when your job is to go around the internet all day and surf forums, then attend conventions where half the people believe your crappy PR spin, then yes, it's easy to fall into that trap.

What also sucks is when that half do a lot to supplement that PR work voluntarily. Let's just say after going through a couple of minutes of tonight's live Robotech World show, I can only describe the atmosphere regarding Love Live Alive in two words: hopelessly optimistic. Certain people really do live by their online signatures ("IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"). It really makes me want to know what the the rest of the anime watching community thinks about recent happenings for perspective.

It was his avatar of the imperial pilot which he often chose as his rt.com profile pic, and the fact that he quoted things from my rt.com profile notably the u.p.s. thing which I never mentioned here and removed from rt.com awhile ago. If it wasn't for that part I'd swear one of you were being a wise guy.

A lot of nerve calling me a fanboy, when he's not telling us we're going to hell for not taking jesus into our hearts he's claiming the Xenomorphs can kill everything, and emperor palpatine/vader has the same level of force abilities as the guy from force unleashed. He also has an unhealthy obsession with hating the F-22. It got to the point where I created a thread to bait him just to see how far I could push him and make him look like an idiot.

For your groan worthy reading pain/pleasure I present Godzilla vs the Alien Queen...

http://www.robotech....12&pagenumber=1

It also says a lot when rt regulars want him gone more than the mods do.

http://www.robotech....8774&forumid=13

So, in essence, he's a Robotech fan. I think all that reading just about puts him in that category, or at least in the fringe part of it.

What also sucks is when that half do a lot to supplement that PR work voluntarily. Let's just say after going through a couple of minutes of tonight's live Robotech World show, I can only describe the atmosphere regarding Love Live Alive in two words: hopelessly optimistic. Certain people really do live by their online signatures ("IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"). It really makes me want to know what the the rest of the anime watching community thinks about recent happenings for perspective.

You put it very nicely, but I just had to quote out of principal. I'd ask for a rundown, but I'd hate for any person with a logical head to have to recall stupidity. I'm sure it's painful. Probably just a bunch of wanking each other while saying Robotech is cool to each other. I don't know how you do it, my brother, but you probably deserve an ice cold one for listening.

It really makes me want to know what the the rest of the anime watching community thinks about recent happenings for perspective.

Does the anime community, as a whole, even care about RT?

http://www.robotech....12&pagenumber=1

you know what, this thread is exactly why our site is so much better than theirs. it's not because we have an active user base made of of diverse, not crazy people; or because our community is built around a show that has actually done something with itself in the last 2 and a half decades; it's because we have a site wide ban against god awful vs threads.

thank you staff for keeping this crap off our wonderful site.

Does the anime community, as a whole, even care about RT?

Since it involves real anime for once, I thought more people would care. Might be because this thing was revealed at a private event and the real fallout is coming right after the next convention panel, Oct. 29-30, when they make it official. However, maybe people genuinely don't.

Edited by Einherjar

Now, thanks to people being able to focus on one thing on the internet, not only the fans, but the people behind Robotech really think it's a big thing. At Anime Expo, when a fan asked about "the movie," Kevin interjected and said "you have to be specific, Robotech is SO BIG that there are THREE movies going on right now!" No, Robotech is not that big. If it were, there'd be more than three people on staff at Harmony Gold handling Robotech.

I can tell McKeever is a big fan of The Secret.

And racism. Don't forget that.

* One thing I'm learning from his feed though is that while Harmony Gold are godawful amateurs in business, they can throw one hell of a party. This merely reaffirms my believe that these jokers are in the wrong business. They want the fame and glory that goes with running a purported "megafranchise" without actually doing the hard creative work.

Edited by chrisk

Oh, that mook... yeah, I remember him. I think my first run-in with him was when a friend of mine who was still crazy enough to be reading the Robotech.com forums tried to sic me on him over some crazy comparison he was making between the "new" destroid models in Robotech II: the Sentinels and the destroids in Macross II: Lovers Again based on, IIRC, the wildly-inaccurate stats the Palladium RPG gave for both. Just an exercise in giving me a headache, really... since last time I tried to count the errors in the Palladium Macross II RPG, I gave up out of boredom with three books remaining after the count exceeded 200.

Other than that, I think the only times I've seen his posts and/or heard his name come up in conversation was when he started freaking out and screaming at people after someone in a debate pointed out that, in WH40K setting, the Emperor is thought to have been many of the famous historical religious figures (e.g. Jesus) before he ended up as a permanent fixture on his huge bling-y toilet back on Earth. He went completely apesh*t over that and started blathering on about how it was blasphemy.

After that, I can't say it surprises me in the least that he's a multiply-banned mega-troll even on Robotech.com. I wonder what made him come here? Is he just missing a healthy sense of self-preservation, or what?

Morons do pop up from time to time. It's not like it's anything new. As long as you don't feed he animals, they usually get bored, or ban themselves right out.

Heh... if renegadeleader1 is right, and that's really RiverJack, I suspect "banning" will be his ultimate fate in fairly short order.

Not that I'v seen.... Really RT.com is like a ghost town.....

You have no idea...

If you want to hear a funny story, dig this:

About a week and a half ago, I got an e-mail from Rhade over at Robotech.com informing me of his intention to appeal my ban and get me reinstated on the forums there.. It seems that things have gotten so bad over there that they're hoping that getting me to come back will bring people back to the forums and revive the place a little. I told him to go ahead, mostly because I was completely unable to tell if he was serious or just taking the piss... but I later found out that he actually meant it.

No luck on that front so far (not that any of us would seriously expect there to be)...

Oh, that mook... yeah, I remember him. I think my first run-in with him was when a friend of mine who was still crazy enough to be reading the Robotech.com forums tried to sic me on him over some crazy comparison he was making between the "new" destroid models in Robotech II: the Sentinels and the destroids in Macross II: Lovers Again based on, IIRC, the wildly-inaccurate stats the Palladium RPG gave for both. Just an exercise in giving me a headache, really... since last time I tried to count the errors in the Palladium Macross II RPG, I gave up out of boredom with three books remaining after the count exceeded 200.

Other than that, I think the only times I've seen his posts and/or heard his name come up in conversation was when he started freaking out and screaming at people after someone in a debate pointed out that, in WH40K setting, the Emperor is thought to have been many of the famous historical religious figures (e.g. Jesus) before he ended up as a permanent fixture on his huge bling-y toilet back on Earth. He went completely apesh*t over that and started blathering on about how it was blasphemy.

After that, I can't say it surprises me in the least that he's a multiply-banned mega-troll even on Robotech.com. I wonder what made him come here? Is he just missing a healthy sense of self-preservation, or what?

Heh... if renegadeleader1 is right, and that's really RiverJack, I suspect "banning" will be his ultimate fate in fairly short order.

You have no idea...

If you want to hear a funny story, dig this:

About a week and a half ago, I got an e-mail from Rhade over at Robotech.com informing me of his intention to appeal my ban and get me reinstated on the forums there.. It seems that things have gotten so bad over there that they're hoping that getting me to come back will bring people back to the forums and revive the place a little. I told him to go ahead, mostly because I was completely unable to tell if he was serious or just taking the piss... but I later found out that he actually meant it.

No luck on that front so far (not that any of us would seriously expect there to be)...

Rhade. Theres times when I cant tell if he's a nice guy or a troll. :unsure:

And hey Seto, for once it wasnt you who brought a crazy rt zelot over here! :p;)

Rhade. Theres times when I cant tell if he's a nice guy or a troll. :unsure:

Yeah, my take on him is similarly mixed.

Really, I think most of what he does probably isn't intended to be trollish. I don't know if he still does it, but back before I got the boot for "causing pain and suffering" his main problem was that he was annoying the piss out of people with his wanna-be mod routine. The thing about him that always annoyed me was the way he often tried (unsuccessfully) to pass himself off an expert through a mixture of rephrasing the posts of knowledgeable fans (invariably introducing errors along the way) and making sh*t up. IIRC, he was the one who started the rumor that Sayonara no Tsubasa was going to be the last Macross show ever.

And hey Seto, for once it wasnt you who brought a crazy rt zelot over here! :p;)

Bah, Pizza the Hutt wasn't my fault either... I didn't invite him here, all I did was expose him to some proper Macross to see if eroding his ignorance would make him less of a belligerent tit. To a certain extent, it actually worked. What got him kicked on these forums wasn't being a crazy Robotech zealot, it was an incredibly offensive joke he'd told to bash the very same zealots he'd been supporting a month or so before. The only crazy Robotech zealots who ever followed me here to make trouble are perennial idiots MEMO1DOMINION, Maverick_LSC, and dougbendo.

I'd ask for a rundown, but I'd hate for any person with a logical head to have to recall stupidity. I'm sure it's painful. Probably just a bunch of wanking each other while saying Robotech is cool to each other. I don't know how you do it, my brother, but you probably deserve an ice cold one for listening.

The most notable thing? Using the Zeta Gundam movie trilogy as a point of reference as to how Robotech Love Live Alive could be like solely on the fact that it mixed old and new animation with modern digital technology or whatever. It's premature considering HG is combining animation done 25 years ago, made by someone else, with modern animation, made by a still unknown 3rd party studio with probably no relation to the original animators, and the editing process that finalized Shadow Chronicles to make a feature that is supposed to be a continuation of the franchise and tribute to Carl Macek. Also, don't forget they're poor, this is important.

And, I admit I don't know much about the terminology regarding the animation business, but when you're caught saying things like "We've ordered more minutes of animation beyond the initial order," that's not very encouraging.