HG and Robotech Debates

To be exact, did they ever release any Shadow Chronicles toys that didn't disintegrate out of the box?

That wasn't their fault. The Haydonites attacked the boat from China carrying those toys.

They made a Maia Sterling Alpha that fell apart. The Betas were cancelled. The Cyclones were cancelled after... I think they put out Scott Bernard. There were no figures, ships, or Haydonite toys. There was a boring teaser poster. There was a wallet. Wow, Shadow Chronicles was so successful!

October 4, Warner-bros. chairman suggested that the Robotech Merchandising not influenced by Macross commodification of the rights, which did not cause Maia sterling VFA-6ZX recall quality.

"We want to let the NEW Japan company"

http://www.pmoa.co.jp/

October 4, Warner-bros. chairman suggested that the Robotech Merchandising not influenced by Macross commodification of the rights, which did not cause Maia sterling VFA-6ZX recall quality.

If Chewbacca is a Wookie, and Wookies live on Endor, then it "does not make sense."

If Chewbacca is a Wookie, and Wookies live on Endor, then it "does not make sense."

???

Wookies are from Planet Kashyyyk. Ewoks live on Endor's moon.

Unelss that the qouted post is steeped in sarcasm, which means I walked right into that one.

yui must have a time machine to be able to report something from tomorrow, today.

Still though this quote has made me laugh today, good research on the Maia masterpiece...I knew it was the commodification's fault all along. This thread should be closed forever based on that fact!

Happy 29th Anniversary to SDF: Macross.

The next 365 days will be DECULTURE!!!

Sorry Robotech fans...enjoy your NOTHING.

That's not true; even if everything else is hit or miss, in the tangible future they're getting the whole series on DVD... again.

That's not nothing, it's everything the franchise is/has always been in a non-ironic sense.

Edited by Einherjar

confused-smiley-013.gif

Not%2BSure%2Bif%2Bserious.jpg

That's not true; even if everything else is hit or miss, in the tangible future they're getting the whole series on DVD... again.

That's not nothing, it's everything the franchise is/has always been in a non-ironic sense.

Yes...Robotech, The Ultimate Super Limited Edition Collectors' Hi-Def Edition. With never never never never never never ever-seen before deleted scenes.

WTF!!! This must be a post in Halloween tradition, designed to make all your head exploding to us (I can now hear Nightmare Before Christmas songs, "This is Halloween, this is Halloween...Haloween Halloween"

WTF!!! This must be a post in Halloween tradition, designed to make all your head exploding to us (I can now hear Nightmare Before Christmas songs, "This is Halloween, this is Halloween...Haloween Halloween"

I don't know why you guys are having so much trouble understanding Yui, clearly she means:

yui must have a time machine to be able to report something from tomorrow, today.

Still though this quote has made me laugh today, good research on the Maia masterpiece...I knew it was the commodification's fault all along. This thread should be closed forever based on that fact!

Well there is that thing called the international dateline that puts Japan ahead of the USA by a day.

Well there is that thing called the international dateline that puts Japan ahead of the USA by a day.

Japan Standard Time

Japan Standard Time or JST (Japanese: 日本標準時 Nihon Hyōjunji or 中央標準時 Chūō Hyōjunji) is the standard timezone of Japan, and is 9 hours ahead of UTC. For example, when it is midnight (00:00) in UTC, it is 09:00 in Japan Standard Time. There is no daylight saving time, though its introduction has been debated several times. Japan Standard Time is the same as Korea Standard Time, Eastern Indonesia Standard Time and Yakutsk Time. During World War II, it was often called Tokyo Standard Time in Western contexts.

This thread is starting to make my head hurt...I'd still like an english transaction of Yui's statement about commodification and how it relates to Maia's Shadow Fighter (which I finally decided to open) which came out 2 years ago.

lawl the scene where Jeanne's checking out a dress and then Marie comes in and tries forcing her subordinate to buy it for her.

And then Lana comes in to tell Jeanne to go back to patrolling and after she leaves, Lana gets all excited about the dress.

Clearly this show was ahead of its time because anime about girls doing stuff is super popular these days :3

Dude we're up to like 20 ass shots by episode 5. You'll get liver cancer.

Let's not forget the scene where she's bent over a table while pretending to cry.

Can't be worse than Shadow chronicles. You'll need multiple organ transplants by the time your done. Or you 'll be dead.

Better yet just hook an iv drop of liquor and watch.

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

Can't be worse than Shadow chronicles. You'll need multiple organ transplants by the time your done. Or you 'll be dead.

Hell, I can't think of a better way of illustrating just how many fanservice shots there were in Shadow Chronicles than that collage I'd thrown together for a previous RT & HG thread. It was so large in the end that I couldn't upload it here as an attachment, it had to be hotlinked in from elsewhere.:rolleyes:

I'm guessing they probably edited some of these shots in RT, yes?

Unlikely, the original televised cut of Robotech was edited to remove the more gratuitous bits like that... the only thing that changed afterward was they reinserted all the stuff they cut for the "Remastered" edition. Southern Cross was pretty heavy on the fanservice, probably to compensate for its deficiencies in pretty much every other category.

Hell, I can't think of a better way of illustrating just how many fanservice shots there were in Shadow Chronicles than that collage I'd thrown together for a previous RT & HG thread. It was so large in the end that I couldn't upload it here as an attachment, it had to be hotlinked in from elsewhere.:rolleyes:

:lol:

It probably just the first 6 scenes wasn't it?