HG and Robotech Debates

Bad visual.

Sorry, but you can't run from the truth, can you?

Speaking of which...I wrote a comment about Doug's podcast...and he deleted it. I guess I hurt his feelings, huh? If I'd known that he was so delicate, I wouldn't have bothered...

Poor guy. What's he gonna do with zero? This is HIS LIFE we're talkin' about here...he's gonna go home, and he's gonna...

EDIT: Oh, and Doug...I guess you didn't understand what I said. THURSDAYS. THURSDAYS are best. Not Fridays. Not Saturdays. THURSDAYS. THUR-S-DAYS. The day BEFORE Friday.

Edited by Gubaba

Now I've always been a fan of Robotech, but there are some full-on loons in the fandom. We can't forget the guy who spent literally his last dollar on a trip to Anime Expo to pie Tommy in the face. Then there was a guy on the RDF HQ message board who was convinced that Tommy's portrayal of Vince Grant in the Shadow Chronicles was Tommy's way of getting back a the African-Americans who looted Korean owned stores during the LA Riots in the early 90's...

Priceless. You can't make this stuff up because no one would believe it....

:)

...and no one's even MENTIONED the semi-nude Myspace pics...

http://www.myspace.com/dougbendo/photos/albums/my-photos/747712

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm not even going to click that link because I don't have enough bleach on hand for my eyes (I used it all the last time I saw those pics).

But, if you want conspiracy theories, take the pics above, add the fact that he's homophobic as hell as on his podcast, while at the same time he constantly references anal sex and male-on-male fellatio... I think 6,000 lessoners might not be the only thing he's fooling himself about.

Wow, I'm being mean today.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Darkwater

I'm not even going to click that link because I don't have enough bleach on hand for my eyes (I used it all the last time I saw those pics).

But, if you want conspiracy theories, take the pics above, add the fact that he's homophobic as hell as on podcast, while at the same time h constantly references anal sex and male-on-male fellatio... I think 6,000 lessoners might not be the only thing he's fooling himself about.

Wow, I'm being mean today.

You're not kidding, Darkwater. I've already had my claws out since I've learned Bendo got banned for spamming. ::meow:: And, if that jerk returns, I'll be ready. ;)

All this had made me laugh pretty hard, so thanks all. You know, it's gotta be a heap of coals on his head knowing that when one of us speak on this board, we listen, but when he speaks, we all laugh at him. If that's not a telling of his credibility, I don't know what is. But, I guess getting validation from a few (and I mean literally in the scope of all this, by few) f*tards is enough for him to keep getting ridiculed. It's almost too easy. What should I say now to make him whack out?

Things are getting way too personal on this thread. I don't really understand why fans are going after other fans that are not being mean spirited or have any views that really challenge the point of this thread. Sometimes I feel like, yeah this thread keeps all the bullshit that can spill over to the rest of the forum. But at this point you guys are personally being insulting to members of this forum with no good reasons. I really hope you guys choose to take down those last videos on your own and maybe apologize publicly on this thread.

I publicly apologise to anybody who may have been offended by my posting of youtube links on this page. I also apologise to people who made those youtube clips.

Edited by taksraven

Is there a reason ppl are obsessed with dr Lang? It seems like everything he discovered was accidental while he was trying to figure out a way to go awol.

That's mostly from the novelizations. Whats funny is that its two other Robotech Research Group scientists that do a great deal more: Sampson Beckett and Miles Cochrane, but its Lang that gets the credit for everything. :shrugs:

Is there a reason ppl are obsessed with dr Lang? It seems like everything he discovered was accidental while he was trying to figure out a way to go awol.

Well, you have a crew at HG that doesn't seem to have the creative scope to create in-depth characters on their own. They've tried to over develop the established characters, to a point where it almost seems like forced backstory. It's pretty obvious when almost everyone is related to everyone, and everyone is tied to someone else. All the minor characters have these backstories that are almost more elaborate than the lead characters, and while that's usually a good sign of being thorough story tellers, incorporating all of it in the story seems to convolute the plot. 95% crap, 5% good stuff. This is totally evident by the fact that it's not new story at all, just rehashed in some different location in the same timeline, over and over again.

Well, you have a crew at HG that doesn't seem to have the creative scope to create in-depth characters on their own. They've tried to over develop the established characters, to a point where it almost seems like forced backstory. It's pretty obvious when almost everyone is related to everyone, and everyone is tied to someone else. All the minor characters have these backstories that are almost more elaborate than the lead characters, and while that's usually a good sign of being thorough story tellers, incorporating all of it in the story seems to convolute the plot. 95% crap, 5% good stuff. This is totally evident by the fact that it's not new story at all, just rehashed in some different location in the same timeline, over and over again.

In other words, Dr. Lang was more-or-less created by the ROBOTECH people, not the MACROSS people. Which, apparently, makes him AWESOME!!!

In other words, Dr. Lang was more-or-less created by the ROBOTECH people, not the MACROSS people. Which, apparently, makes him AWESOME!!!

And yet, he didn't make the Shadow Chronicles cut, strange...

But, he was in Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles.

Which you'd think would be animatef by now given the severe lack of material that they have....oh wait, it was just a vehicle to get rid of things they couldn't animate :)

That's mostly from the novelizations. Whats funny is that its two other Robotech Research Group scientists that do a great deal more: Sampson Beckett and Miles Cochrane, but its Lang that gets the credit for everything. :shrugs:

No one cares about random background scientists that only exists to spout [TECH] and contribute nothing to the plot.

All are inferior to Dr. Chiba.

Kinda, sorta. "Created by the Robotech people" depends on the scope of the meaning created, but in te question of awesome, I wouldn't go there. Having some mad scientist who gets a wiff of protoculture flower juice, then gets X-File black eyes, then goes to develop a bunch of stuff by accident, does seem a bit contrived. Again, I think it goes back to the arsenal of creative minds involved, and back then, there weren't many. Now, there's a few, but probably amount to about 1/4 of what a normal creative writer could do. And I'm not talking about fan wank garbage that has come from HG for a lonnnnng time. Actual story that is convincing.

Edited by Jasonc

Kinda, sorta. "Created by the Robotech people" depends on the scope of the meaning created, but in te question of awesome, I wouldn't go there. Having some mad scientist who gets a wiff of protoculture flower juice, then gets X-File black eyes, then goes to develop a bunch of stuff by accident, does seem a bit contrived. Again, I think it goes back to the arsenal of creative minds involved, and back then, there weren't many. Now, there's a few, but probably amount to about 1/4 of what a normal creative writer could do. And I'm not talking about fan wank garbage that has come from HG for a lonnnnng time. Actual story that is convincing.

There's also the fact that people now know HG's "creative process" and they'll have a hard time repeating it and being taken seriously with it.