HG and Robotech Debates

This is interesting...considering that I've run across Robotech fans who complain that the main reason they like Robotech more than Macross is because the "Supervision Army" reamins unseen and unknown...yet the "Disciples of Zor" are really the same thing, aren't they? An unseen, unknown enemy who's apparently totally badass.

We only know a few things: they are strong enough to fight against Dolza's 5.8 million strong Grand Fleet. The only other tantalizing bits are indeed from Viva Miriya where Breetai comes across the 'late model recon ship' that looks surprisingly double-boomed like the SDF-01 & later SDF-03.

We only know a few things: they are strong enough to fight against Dolza's 5.8 million strong Grand Fleet. The only other tantalizing bits are indeed from Viva Miriya where Breetai comes across the 'late model recon ship' that looks surprisingly double-boomed like the SDF-01 & later SDF-03.

It's a Supervision Army ship: MYSTERY SOLVED!

Didn't Rick and Lisa get married in front of a Scientology Cross in one Sentinels comic

i seem to remember that in one of these threads

but oh man. disciples of zor. another off-screen threat of great magnitude

like robotech doesn't have enough of those :v

Scientology Cross?

Like this one?:

RickLisaWedding.png

Ok so it's just bullshit made from their dub over of what Britai says about the Supervision Army derelict.

That bit wasn't super important to the episode anyway so whatever.

Tell me about the part where they meet Xenu.

Warrior Princess?

Well...let's give the dude a chance to respond, first.

Were you still waiting for a certain number of his supposed 6000 "lessoners" to request it?

@ Darkwater, you'll have to fill me in on what specifics were there, as I don't really care to listen to morons.

Were you still waiting for a certain number of his supposed 6000 "lessoners" to request it?

Hey, I specifically ASKED for ANY of his 6,000 lessoners to request it a long time ago.

Ya wanna know how many responded...?

ZERO.

That's right...I blatantly insulted Doug Bendo...and NONE of his supposed fans came to his defense. Kinda sad, isn't it?

EDIT: This time, however, I told Memo to tell Doug to contact. And we all know that Memo knows how to get things done...right...?

Edited by Gubaba

This is interesting...considering that I've run across Robotech fans who complain that the main reason they like Robotech more than Macross is because the "Supervision Army" reamins unseen and unknown...yet the "Disciples of Zor" are really the same thing, aren't they? An unseen, unknown enemy who's apparently totally badass.

In fact, who isn't an unseen, unknown enemy who's apparently totally badass in the Robotech universe? You can accurately describe the Haydonites that way as well. It's helped by the fact that a sequel with them as the antagonists hasn't been completed yet, so they've been extra mysterious for years running.

In fact, who isn't an unseen, unknown enemy who's apparently totally badass in the Robotech universe?

There are at least two: The Zentraedi (who apparently, mysteriously all died out), and the Robotech Masters (who were apparently, mysteriously all killed off).

There are at least two: The Zentraedi (who apparently, mysteriously all died out), and the Robotech Masters (who were apparently, mysteriously all killed off).

Insert villain wholly owned and controlled by HG here.......

The thing that makes me wince the most about sentinals is the Karrbarrans...You get it??? Kar Bar...its a bear alien and kinda sound like Care Bear. You know that thing that was popular in the '80s, it's topical! First rule about trying to make a timeless story, don't reference something everyone will forget in a few years.

I have been gone from this site for a while, but does anyone remember when one of the RT fanboi brigade proposed the theory that Transformers 2 was rushed because jerry and micheal were afraid of the compitition from RTLAM. Well i guess thats why they had enough time to produce and release a 3rd Transformer movie. Maybe by the time Transformer 12 comes out, they will have a first draft of the RTLAM script.

The thing that makes me wince the most about sentinals is the Karrbarrans...You get it??? Kar Bar...its a bear alien and kinda sound like Care Bear. You know that thing that was popular in the '80s, it's topical! First rule about trying to make a timeless story, don't reference something everyone will forget in a few years.

I guess they also should've had a diminutive alien race called the Kabbich'Pach'Kizz...

I have been gone from this site for a while, but does anyone remember when one of the RT fanboi brigade proposed the theory that Transformers 2 was rushed because jerry and micheal were afraid of the compitition from RTLAM. Well i guess thats why they had enough time to produce and release a 3rd Transformer movie. Maybe by the time Transformer 12 comes out, they will have a first draft of the RTLAM script.

That was Maverick_LSC, who has his own podcast now...co-hosting with that infamous nobody, Doug Bendo...

Me, I just still want a good answer for why "Dolzaa" shouted out "PROTOCULTURE!!" when he saw "Rick" and "Lisa" kissing...

Seeing them kiss reminded him that he had forgotten to turn off his protoculture oven and that his protoculture bill for the month was going to be high.

But the Supervision army isn't even "unknown", they explain who they where in macross 7.

Not directly, AFAIK. That explains the decline and fall of the Protoculture but not explicitly that the Supervision Army were remnants of that war. Or am I forgetting something?

The SDF-3 have the Protoculture Matrix, and without access to it, there won't be enough Protoculture to power the remaining forces. Ergo: No Protoculture, no dice. The UEEF will be sitting ducks when another alien invasion happens.

The Supervision Army were just flavor text in Macross

like Clone Wars used to be in Star Wars

until you know

Yeah, the Clone Wars were much better as a mysterious whispered about element.......

And in ANH when Ben was referred to as General Kenobi by Leia, I always imagined him as a uniformed soldier rather than some sort of hippie fighter......

The SDF-3 have the Protoculture Matrix, and without access to it, there won't be enough Protoculture to power the remaining forces. Ergo: No Protoculture, no dice. The UEEF will be sitting ducks when another alien invasion happens.

Unless for some bizarre reason they didn't salvage the Protoculture Factory from The Ruins of the SDF-01. Or whatever plot hole you want to insert here....

Those poor deus ex machina'd bastards. At least the Zentradi have a more prosperous, and dignified, official future in a living franchise.

I'd demand cold hard cash to waste my time with that crap.

Hulagu's talking about the real Protoculture dude. Not the magic flowers.

You got to listen to me. You got to tell them... that the Protoculture is people!!!

Edited by Einherjar

Not directly, AFAIK. That explains the decline and fall of the Protoculture but not explicitly that the Supervision Army were remnants of that war. Or am I forgetting something?

The Supervision Army were captured Protoculture fleets under the control of the Protodevelin.

So much mindless hate here lol.

I enjoy both shows. :)

The English dubbing and voice acting of Robotech:Macross is more relateable to me than reading subtitles.

Macross 7 is amazing. I don't care what anyone says, I love Macross-7. We're talking I'd have its lovechild-level Love.

Mossapedia(sp?) was good, I really did like it.

Honestly, for all the elitism here you'd think there'd be a little pointy white hat that is handed out when your posts breach 100.

Yeah, I know what Harmony Gold sucked but they did what they thought was best and I'm willing to put money down that most of you saw Robotech first and thats when you fell in love with the series.

I'm also willing to bet that most of you own Robotech products. I hated Shadow Chronicles, feel that the animation style was ugly and the story sucked, so I'm not here from Robotech.com and under my gleaming Captain Marvel shirt there isn't a "I love Tommy Yune" shirt or anything like that but the abrasive slander in this thread is just really ugly for the most part.

Would I love to see Macross 7 and Macross Frontier released in english?

Sure I would, it'd be great to be able to pick things up here or there from the shows I like--but at the same time I do enjoy the hunt for exotic merchandise. Its exciting to find something I have never seen before. Maybe I'm weird but I love it.

Also I hated Alto.

He was a loser.

In fact besides Ranka, Ozma, and Clan Clang I could not stand most of the cast of Frontier and found that most of what happened was just a rehash of the original Macross story with what pop-culture has dictated as "cool" and "modern" anime character. Why was Alto a carbon copy Samurai, because it's "cool" that's why. Because they wanted an anime pretty-boy unfeeling Sepheroth clone at the front of their product because thats good marketing. There was very little HEART in the series, the romances were graceful yet faux, everything was slender and uniform and overly complicated. Now, maybe if I could speak Japenese the story would've seemed more natural to me... but it just really didn't have the substance that I had been hoping it would.

I guess my point here is that the best bits of Frontier were normally those that mirrored the original Macross Series and it was less a space opera and a story and more of an anime (something Macross-7 was guilty off too). And while I'm at it, you know what I figured out is the biggest difference from the original Macross and its processors?

I don't care about the new SDF's or the crew. I don't know what it was exactly that they did differently, maybe it was because we saw so much of the civilians struggling within the SDF-1, but I actually cared when the ship was damaged and the state of the crew. I don't get that with the new series' The SDF-Class ships are still awe-inspiring craft and they've used them to do some very cool things but they're just... big ships.

My point is, if you're going to bash Robotech for 30 odd pages for being unoriginal and rehashing then its only fair Macross takes some on the chin too. I honestly believe that if the writers of Frontier focused more on the characters and the storytellers rather than adhering to the standard anime norm than we would've gotten a much better product.

Also, Hi, I'm the new guy. ;)

Edited by I_Fly_For_Firebomber

So much mindless hate here lol.

I enjoy both shows. :)

The English dubbing and voice acting of Robotech:Macross is more relateable to me than reading subtitles.

Macross 7 is amazing. I don't care what anyone says, I love Macross-7. We're talking I'd have its lovechild-level Love.

Mossapedia(sp?) was good, I really did like it.

Honestly, for all the elitism here you'd think there'd be a little pointy white hat that is handed out when your posts breach 100.

Yeah, I know what Harmony Gold sucked but they did what they thought was best and I'm willing to put money down that most of you saw Robotech first and thats when you fell in love with the series.

I'm also willing to bet that most of you own Robotech products. I hated Shadow Chronicles, feel that the animation style was ugly and the story sucked, so I'm not here from Robotech.com and under my gleaming Captain Marvel shirt there isn't a "I love Tommy Yune" shirt or anything like that but the abrasive slander in this thread is just really ugly for the most part.

Would I love to see Macross 7 and Macross Frontier released in english?

Sure I would, it'd be great to be able to pick things up here or there from the shows I like--but at the same time I do enjoy the hunt for exotic merchandise. Its exciting to find something I have never seen before. Maybe I'm weird but I love it.

Also I hated Alto.

He was a loser.

In fact besides Ranka, Ozma, and Clan Clang I could not stand most of the cast of Frontier and found that most of what happened was just a rehash of the original Macross story with what pop-culture has dictated as "cool" and "modern" anime character. Why was Alto a carbon copy Samurai, because it's "cool" that's why. Because they wanted an anime pretty-boy unfeeling Sepheroth clone at the front of their product because thats good marketing. There was very little HEART in the series, the romances were graceful yet faux, everything was slender and uniform and overly complicated. Now, maybe if I could speak Japenese the story would've seemed more natural to me... but it just really didn't have the substance that I had been hoping it would.

I guess my point here is that the best bits of Frontier were normally those that mirrored the original Macross Series and it was less a space opera and a story and more of an anime (something Macross-7 was guilty off too). And while I'm at it, you know what I figured out is the biggest difference from the original Macross and its processors?

I don't care about the new SDF's or the crew. I don't know what it was exactly that they did differently, maybe it was because we saw so much of the civilians struggling within the SDF-1, but I actually cared when the ship was damaged and the state of the crew. I don't get that with the new series' The SDF-Class ships are still awe-inspiring craft and they've used them to do some very cool things but they're just... big ships.

My point is, if you're going to bash Robotech for 30 odd pages for being unoriginal and rehashing then its only fair Macross takes some on the chin too. I honestly believe that if the writers of Frontier focused more on the characters and the storytellers rather than adhering to the standard anime norm than we would've gotten a much better product.

Also, Hi, I'm the new guy. ;)

Pfft. Obvious troll is obvious. Unless, of course, you also showed up on Robotech.com and bashed their unthinking dislike of Macross. Did you? No...? Why not?

Hell, they've got a whole thread about "Macross vs. Robotech." Go ahead and tell them how much you love Macross 7!

Pfft. Obvious troll is obvious. Unless, of course, you also showed up on Robotech.com and bashed their unthinking dislike of Macross. Did you? No...? Why not?

Hell, they've got a whole thread about "Macross vs. Robotech." Go ahead and tell them how much you love Macross 7!

Do I really have to go register on another site not to look like an apeface?

I mean, I'll do it, but that really wasn't my goal here.

Edited by I_Fly_For_Firebomber