HG and Robotech Debates

Robot Jox is a great movie. Don't put in the same breath as Robotech.

What about Robo Warriors?

Speed Racer is returning to comics, with new stories by Len Wein, Tommy Yune, Robby Musso, Lee Kohse, and James Rochelle.

End of the Circle. Our boy Tommy is back where he belongs - drawing, and not running a cartoon property to the gutter.

Edited by chrisk

Ah, so that's what Tommy's doing on the side. Looks like that hammers down the fact that Robotech is really busy and a lot is moving [/sarcasm] :lol:

Is it truly on the side? Or did HG give him the boot? hmm.

Is it truly on the side? Or did HG give him the boot? hmm.

Well, to be fair, we don't know if he's doing just one installment or working on multiple issues. We don't even know if he's just writing or drawing. Still, if he got the fired wouldn't that mean that the rest of the triumvirate would be fired too since they're all tied together? I know I'm just dreaming but at least we now know why the sidequel is delayed. I'd be interested to see McKeevie's rebuttal to how Tommy's moonlighting is affecting Robo Tech.

Hypothetically, I'd rather have a statement by Frank Agrama of what's going to change. If he changed the company's culture and Tommy was forced to conform or leave then that would be good too. Then they'd have to do some pretty amazing stuff to pull out of where they're at now. They've done a lot of damage to Macross and Robotech. Making up for it would take a lot more than letting Tommy go.

Simple solution. Is Tommy still showing up at cons at RT panels? Then he still is getting a paycheck from them and this is a side job (most likely). If he's not showing up and someone asks, then he's no longer with RT.

Simple solution. Is Tommy still showing up at cons at RT panels? Then he still is getting a paycheck from them and this is a side job (most likely). If he's not showing up and someone asks, then he's no longer with RT.

shhh, I'm trying to start rumors!

I've only seen bits and pieces of this. Sadly, the official expanded mecha roster that came out of Palladium wasn't any more interesting. I recall an old RPG site with images of Macross destroids hacked together with heads of Valkyries, Destroid Monsters without cannons, and all this other crazy s*%$.

I played the Palladium rpg back in high school. Those examples if memory served were hack jobs done by the EBSIS and other nation states post Rain of Death, post Masters and post Invid invasion. In an attempt to keep up with the UEG forces and to defend themselves.

I played the Palladium rpg back in high school. Those examples if memory served were hack jobs done by the EBSIS and other nation states post Rain of Death, post Masters and post Invid invasion. In an attempt to keep up with the UEG forces and to defend themselves.

Nah, the evil Soviet powers weren't the only ones with those godawful "original" mecha designs in the old Palladium Robotech RPG, there were a fair few in the UEG forces in the main books and the Sentinels stuff too.

Nah, the evil Soviet powers weren't the only ones with those godawful "original" mecha designs in the old Palladium Robotech RPG, there were a fair few in the UEG forces in the main books and the Sentinels stuff too.

You know what was epic, the mecha from Lancer's Rockers...Makes Basara look like a freakin' solid Macross stud character.

You know what was epic, the mecha from Lancer's Rockers...Makes Basara look like a freakin' solid Macross stud character.

Where's a puking emoticon when you really need one?

People, people, people...

Robotech's LAM has already been produced, and is considered one of the most wildly successful science fiction movie titles ever created! The only reason that it didn't take any oscars is that the creative folks at HG thought that the oscars were beneath them!

So, without fruther ado, let me introduce you to the all-time Sci-Fi/Anime/SciFi/Cyberpunk/SciFi action thriller of all time: The Robotech Live-Action Movie!

Wrong movie, dude. THIS is the Robotech Live-Action Movie!

It seems like this movie supposedly in the works "Pacific Rim" or something like that, is indirectly being speculated as the next Robotech movie. Also, anybody hear about the lawsuit going against Tobey Mac for getting paid in high stakes poker games that involved money from ponzi schemes? Interesting stuff. I'd put up links, but at 0145 hrs, I'm not much in the mood for doing too much internet searching.

Funny how none of the Row-boat tech fanatics don't talk about all the legal troubles HG/Agrama is in? Just thought I'd bring that up, since they probably want to keep on with the idea that HG is only focused on Robotech. Quite opposite. ;)

It seems like this movie supposedly in the works "Pacific Rim" or something like that, is indirectly being speculated as the next Robotech movie. Also, anybody hear about the lawsuit going against Tobey Mac for getting paid in high stakes poker games that involved money from ponzi schemes? Interesting stuff. I'd put up links, but at 0145 hrs, I'm not much in the mood for doing too much internet searching.

Funny how none of the Row-boat tech fanatics don't talk about all the legal troubles HG/Agrama is in? Just thought I'd bring that up, since they probably want to keep on with the idea that HG is only focused on Robotech. Quite opposite. ;)

There's already a plot detail for Pacific Rim floating around. The movie will be a Kaiju vs military mecha story, so they're way off on that speculation that it will be RTLAM. I heard that news of Tobey Maguire getting sued which got other well known Hollywood celebrities involved. Though i don't know how will it affect the RTLAM, which by now is already in development hell.

As for Agrama's legal trouble, knowing that there are pro-HG mods there, discussing about it in the forums could get you banned. So it's not surprising that none are talking about it.

FYI, the legal trouble McGuire is in is due to money he won in "unlicensed" poker tournaments which were using money from a Ponzi scheme.He was sued to reclaim the money. That really wouldn't have any impact on production as far as money would go.

What kind of legal troubles? The kind that would cause HG to go bankrupt & shutdown? :)

I don't know about that, but if it comes out that Agrama was doing some criminal deals, then I'm sure that is a possibility. Between that and his age, I wonder if they are really looking to move Robotech forward, or just buying time to dump off the franchise.

I don't know about that, but if it comes out that Agrama was doing some criminal deals, then I'm sure that is a possibility. Between that and his age, I wonder if they are really looking to move Robotech forward, or just buying time to dump off the franchise.

Unfortunately, statute of limitations took effect in the Berlusconi-case and the Italian courts cannot proceed with the case. Without Berlusconi, there wasn't much of a case on Agrama and most of the charges were dropped except for Misconduct. And even then, Agrama cannot be tried in an Italian court since he's an American citizen. So, really, don't hold your breath waiting for something to happen there. The case is dead.

Unfortunately, statute of limitations took effect in the Berlusconi-case and the Italian courts cannot proceed with the case. Without Berlusconi, there wasn't much of a case on Agrama and most of the charges were dropped except for Misconduct. And even then, Agrama cannot be tried in an Italian court since he's an American citizen. So, really, don't hold your breath waiting for something to happen there. The case is dead.

Drats, foiled again!

The Berlusconi thing happened in 2006. It's kind of old news but it does tell you what type of guy would be running Harmony Gold and why he's spoken only twice to the fans, once on Robotech.com to deny the lawsuits effected them and again on a DVD to say how great Shadow Chronicles is. I wonder how much he even knows about Macross or Robotech. He probably knows it's about aliens attacking earth and how neat it is and that the kids will love this and that's it.

Wrong movie, dude. THIS is the Robotech Live-Action Movie!

wow. i should find you and hurt you. im missing brain cells of that 'film' clip... ZOMG that was horrible. what WAS that?

wow. i should find you and hurt you. im missing brain cells of that 'film' clip... ZOMG that was horrible. what WAS that?

Here, watch SNIP. It will make you feel better.

Edited by >EXO<
Reported as offensive. Please Don't link that video again.