I was just talking to my little brother yesterday about whether or not there was any information regarding the next SC2 release. It's strange how these things work out like that. I guess it's only a matter of time before they give us a tenative release date. Would be nice to have it before the end of the year, but knowing Blizzard, we'll see it sometime in 2012... Can't rush perfection :D

Damn....

guess a little peek at the 2nd part is worse than watching a whole trailer.

Aaaargh! I don't wanna wait!!! (and I'm not talking in a "dawson's creek" way! :p

Great find, thanks!

Manu

Well there are entirely separate dev teams for D3, SC2, WoW and Blizzards new MMO. While I'm sure members move through teams (especially between WoW and the new MMO dev) there is no reason to assume that you will only hear about 1 of their IPs in a given year. I'm sure we will get a ton of SC2 and D3 info this year, maybe even some hints as to w/e new thing they are cooking up for WoW (seeing as how Deathwing is slated to hit this summer and be the end boss of this expack).

Well there are entirely separate dev teams for D3, SC2, WoW and Blizzards new MMO. While I'm sure members move through teams (especially between WoW and the new MMO dev) there is no reason to assume that you will only hear about 1 of their IPs in a given year. I'm sure we will get a ton of SC2 and D3 info this year, maybe even some hints as to w/e new thing they are cooking up for WoW (seeing as how Deathwing is slated to hit this summer and be the end boss of this expack).

I agree, I'm expecting a lot of announcements coming from Blizzcon this year.

Going entirely from the trailer....i'm gonna guess...

- Mengsk still wants revenge against Kerrigan. Sends Nova to retrieve/assasinate her

- Kerrigan still imprisoned for tests, to see that swarm has lost its grip on her

- Raynor defending his beloved from the Mengsk hit squad

Game will be RPG-ish (based on earlier reports of the game) so it will be about Kerrigan regaining some of her brood, then from there expanding her influence once again, though still retaining her human conscience. Attempts to save Raynor who's being held hostage by Mengsk. As the game progresses and as Kerrigan regains most of her brood, Xel Naga (or that hybrid race) arrive and in a desperate struggle to save Raynor, she uses her powers to save him but not without the Zerg once again controling her mind and we're back to square one. The end. :p

:ph34r:

Nova's "I'll be seeing you sooner or later." comment that was inscribed in the Spectre Killer trophy in the cantina now makes perfect sense. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I was just replaying WOL. :D

IGN's preview of HotS

Seems like there's a new Zerg character.... a female looking hydralisk human hybrid?

Female Overmind, perhaps?

Edited by grss1982

Looks more like a hybrid than the Overmind, especially given that the Overmind itself was massive and with its capture/destruction Kerrigan was in charge of the swarm. It's obvious, even from what little we know, that there will be some plot device in place so she keeps that control. A new Overmind would be unneeded.

A Human/Zerg hybrid created in a fashion similar to the Protoss/Zerg hybrid seems more plausible.

Yeah she was a pale skinned redhead in the first starcraft. After she became a hybrid in brood war her skin darkened and she grew those dreadlock style things from her head that are actually a weapon. She's not 100% human yet.

EDIT: according to the official site that female zerg thing is called Izsha. Apparently it was created as a sort of living hard drive Kerrigan stored her thoughts and plans on. Taking that into consideration Izsha is either going to backstab Kerrigan when she doesn't do something the queen of blades would have done or act like a little evil conscience and whisper "kill everyone" to kerrigan when ever she gets a chance.

Edited by renegadeleader1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/hots/

So, yeah. By the time this thing comes out it will have been about two and a half years since Wings of Liberty. You know, I'm glad that Blizz can take its time on its projects and isn't beholden to the Great Satan of EA like certain other companies but this has been a heck of a long wait...

Debacle, eh? I've never really been into the Diablo side of things. What was wrong with the game?

the fact that even when playing single player you had to be connected to blizzards servers all the time, which where constantly down during the initial launch period do to high traffic.