BEAST DESTRUCTIONS PART II

captain america

Drooping air-brakes? Simulating 'loss of power' to motors? Motor actuators? Tires flattened on one side to show weight?

FREAKING MASTERPIECE

Guess I'll be getting the 01I Greeny version next for resting fighter mode...

Oh yeah, I went nuts: droop-able air brakes, positionable flaps, multi-axis thrust-vectoring main engine nozzles, FOD doors for the engine intakes, maintenance/access panels, detailed radar array, you name it, it's in the kit. Without wanting to seem like I'm bragging, when you see all the technological goodies that I designed into the Legioss to make it real-world, a VF-1 would simply pale by comparison in terms of performance and survivability.

Well IT IS supposed to be the 3rd Generation VF isn't it? ( c r i n g e )

The attention to detail is more than impressive, its awe-inspiring!

In episode #2 when the Legioss flies backwards - is that an error? Those are the FOD intakes you speak of correct?

That scene always bothered me in that he could have gone to Diver mode and blasted backwards in a much cooler way.

Anyway - this needs one more release with both 1I and Z heads (green and red) versions. That way all your customers can have the blue soldier and the red or green fighter to display.

I know some crazies out there will try to make this one truly variable. If I tried that I'm sure I would end up divorced, or dead, and a ruined $1,000 resin kit...

Oh yeah, I went nuts: droop-able air brakes, positionable flaps, multi-axis thrust-vectoring main engine nozzles, FOD doors for the engine intakes, maintenance/access panels, detailed radar array, you name it, it's in the kit. Without wanting to seem like I'm bragging, when you see all the technological goodies that I designed into the Legioss to make it real-world, a VF-1 would simply pale by comparison in terms of performance and survivability.

Soo......can your next project be the VF-1? Someone's already made one in 1/24 scale so maybe you could build a masterpeice version in 1/8 to match my die-cast cars?

Soo......can your next project be the VF-1? Someone's already made one in 1/24 scale so maybe you could build a masterpeice version in 1/8 to match my die-cast cars?

If our good Captain make a VF-1 in 1/8 i'll put turbines inside and turne it in a R/C model ! ;)

Well IT IS supposed to be the 3rd Generation VF isn't it? ( c r i n g e )

The attention to detail is more than impressive, its awe-inspiring!

In episode #2 when the Legioss flies backwards - is that an error? Those are the FOD intakes you speak of correct?

That scene always bothered me in that he could have gone to Diver mode and blasted backwards in a much cooler way.

Anyway - this needs one more release with both 1I and Z heads (green and red) versions. That way all your customers can have the blue soldier and the red or green fighter to display.

I know some crazies out there will try to make this one truly variable. If I tried that I'm sure I would end up divorced, or dead, and a ruined $1,000 resin kit...

I tend to think that the Legioss flying backwards in Ep. 3 was a kind of animation mistake. FOD stands for Foreign Object Damage (doors.) I inspired myself from what was done on the MIG 29 & SU-27s to allow them to taxi on rough runways & grass fields and not have to worry about the engines ingesting debris that would wreck the turbines. The way that the LEGIOSS' intakes are designed made this a natural choice.

I have no plans to scratch-build a VF-1, since that's been done to death, but maybe 1/32 Inbits if there's enough demand later on.