Nekki Basara Guitar

m0n5t3r

ESP guitars are awesome. A lot of them are made by hand in Japan, and you can order almost any guitar shape and specifications, hence the price. I had two customs, best guitars I've ever played.

Edited by Gian

From Arcadias website:

'We do not accept international orders, and do not deliver overseas.'

Expected and not a show stopper for me. I went to the Fire Bomber 2005 concert in Osaka when tickets were only sold locally in Japan... I also have every Fukuyama san DVDs (Like "Long Long Live").

So.. if it sold out in 6 minutes... could be good news that they will make more? Gives me time to actually get the money and contacts needed to get this.

Guest davidwhangchoi

It sold out in 6 minutes according to Mr. K.

they sold 10 in 6 mins? Bandai could've sold double in 30 secs through amiami, jk

i hope someone who plays electric guitar brought one of the 10 and uploads a clip, i'd love to hear the sound.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm sure many people own Fenders. Yes, they're iconic. I play both bass and guitar. None of my instruments are Fenders. If I'm ordering a custom shop item, Fender isn't even in the equation. If they can't get it right elsewhere, why the hell would I trust them with thousands? Though I was able to try one (Jazz bass). Instead, I ordered a bass from Fodera via Bass Northwest and have been quite pleased with it. Better than what I'd experienced with the Fender.

fodera_imp-320.jpg

nice bass! my band mate has four fodera's and one of them in particular is very unforgiving, it'll expose a lesser player who can't play with precision. it's a pro's pro bass.

maybe ESP will make more

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Well a lot of people have been asking Arcadia about a second batch on twitter. No confirmation either way but they said they are aware of everyone's input. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if we see a v2 later on down the track (just IMO of course).

A friend of mine whom I figured would get one of the initial 10 seems to have secured an order. Once it eventually comes out Ill try to talk her into letting me do a review or something.

Well a lot of people have been asking Arcadia about a second batch on twitter. No confirmation either way but they said they are aware of everyone's input. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if we see a v2 later on down the track (just IMO of course).

A friend of mine whom I figured would get one of the initial 10 seems to have secured an order. Once it eventually comes out Ill try to talk her into letting me do a review or something.

If possible that would be so awesome! Looking forward to it.

Well we already got the 1:1 VF:25 last year ;-)

Googled for it - looks quite good. But as they did a working guitar, I just imagined they'd do a working Valk too :)

nice bass! my band mate has four fodera's and one of them in particular is very unforgiving, it'll expose a lesser player who can't play with precision. it's a pro's pro bass.

maybe ESP will make more

Mine is generally very forgiving and makes me sound better than I normally am. I've had a few other people play it when I was looking at heads and cabinets and would bring the Fodera along for testing. All seemed to like mine. I have played the type of bass you're describing though. I found one Ritter that would just not work with me. Switched to a Benavente and was much better off.

I'm sure ESP will make more. I've enjoyed their instruments since the 80's. They do good work.

So here it goes, I work at Fender in Corona where the USA American Standard, custom shop, Jackson/charvel and Gretsch Custom Shop guitars are produced.

For a custom made guitar that had to pay a license to the design owner, ¥350,000 is not a bad price for this guitar. Guitars regularly sell for this price and this guitar is priced accordingly. The equivalent of what we make a Jackson guitar start at this price. Japanese guitar making is some of the best in the world and is priced very well.

I would kill to own this guitar. My department at work knows Firebomber as I'm always playing Macross music at work. I have a Basara picture hanging at my desk and everybody knows Power to the Dream because I'm always blasting it.

Fender or Jackson would have no problem producing this guitar and it would have been cool to produce it, trust me I would have been the campion in supporting its production especially for the fact Fukuyama playes Fenders, it absolutely kills me that we didnt make it. looks like ESP and the powers at be at Macross established a relationship long ago that's finally paying off for them.

Fenders do excellent in Japan since they were first introduced in the 50s stop by the Yamano store in Ginza and be blown away. Although we did a special Evangelion guitar a few years ago for an anime event Fender tends to miss these great opportunities in Japan.

Good for ESP for pulling this one off! Well done!

Leonardo

No problem! Listening to Humming Bird 123 right now at work...

Thank you!

LF

+ Thanks for the insight as well! Humming Bird CD's are awesome, I actually own a few myself!

Guest davidwhangchoi

So here it goes, I work at Fender in Corona where the USA American Standard, custom shop, Jackson/charvel and Gretsch Custom Shop guitars are produced.

For a custom made guitar that had to pay a license to the design owner, ¥350,000 is not a bad price for this guitar. Guitars regularly sell for this price and this guitar is priced accordingly. The equivalent of what we make a Jackson guitar start at this price. Japanese guitar making is some of the best in the world and is priced very well.

I would kill to own this guitar. My department at work knows Firebomber as I'm always playing Macross music at work. I have a Basara picture hanging at my desk and everybody knows Power to the Dream because I'm always blasting it.

Fender or Jackson would have no problem producing this guitar and it would have been cool to produce it, trust me I would have been the campion in supporting its production especially for the fact Fukuyama playes Fenders, it absolutely kills me that we didnt make it. looks like ESP and the powers at be at Macross established a relationship long ago that's finally paying off for them.

Fenders do excellent in Japan since they were first introduced in the 50s stop by the Yamano store in Ginza and be blown away. Although we did a special Evangelion guitar a few years ago for an anime event Fender tends to miss these great opportunities in Japan.

Good for ESP for pulling this one off! Well done!

Leonardo

Nice to see a fender guy on the forums! Any loyalty discounts for Macross Fans? :)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Tochiro, have you been able to see it?