Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

As mentioned previously, the gloss finish is a property of the inside surface treatment of the mold and this cannot be changed, so yes, the VF-19/S/F/P will all be gloss.

Graham

I think it would have been cool if the internals were left matte. Back of knees, feet, upper arms, etc. Then the gloss would stand out as more intentional, and have those portions looking less "cheap-toy" as others have said.

we need more comparo pics of the Kai with the yf-19, as I'm getting confused as to how really tall the Kai is against Alpha-1.

http://www.yamato-toys.com/dev/cont_095/img/photo23b.jpg

http://higehobby.web.fc2.com/review/04_robo_gokin/gex_fire19/gex_vf19f_024.JPG

also, that higehobby-pic above is hilarious in trying to make the taller than it should aesthetically be. :D

Is Yamato addressing some of the issues here?

i'm more interested at what (or who) they were laughing about at the end. :ph34r:

i looks like more emphasis was given to the knee joint instead of the hip joint for GERWALK mode.

I hope the Blazer comes with its Atmospheric Fast packs.

Good god, no, no, no.

Not while there is ANYTHING in the Macross universe that has yet to be built. I suppose if it is just an accessory and doesn't raise the price by a single cent then some people might get enjoyment out of them. VF-11 atmosphere packs? Sure. VF-19 atmosphere packs = :vomit:

It hurts my soul to think that yamato could waste time and resources on the VF-19 atmosphere packs when there is no armored VF-11.

So does the VF-19 look like it can mount leg packs? I hope the Blazer comes with its Atmospheric Fast packs.

I'd also love them, I think they look great in fighter mode. However, I've been told we probably won't get them, as there are issues with integrating them on both the leg and shoulders.

Graham

Just got mine today :D but did not transform it yet. It came with a fine scratch on the underside of the wing and was greasy as hell. How could I remove the grease without scratching the thing?

I put it back in it's prison for now as all of my display cases are full, and I doubt my wife would let me encroach on her other display case. I have already taken over one of hers with some of my valks.

I'd also love them, I think they look great in fighter mode. However, I've been told we probably won't get them, as there are issues with integrating them on both the leg and shoulders.

Graham

yeah, I dig them in fighter mode, but this is just begging for trouble in toy form.

vf-19s-superbooster-battroid_small.gif

Just got mine today :D but did not transform it yet. It came with a fine scratch on the underside of the wing and was greasy as hell. How could I remove the grease without scratching the thing?

I put it back in it's prison for now as all of my display cases are full, and I doubt my wife would let me encroach on her other display case. I have already taken over one of hers with some of my valks.

Grease? I have not heard anything about that... maybe its an after product of the gloss finish?

Though I thought grease was an issue only experienced by Bandai.. :unsure:

Grease? I have not heard anything about that... maybe its an after product of the gloss finish?

Though I thought grease was an issue only experienced by Bandai.. :unsure:

It's definitely greasy....... might take a micro fiber cloth to it when I unpack it next time.

I washed my hands like I always do with dish detergent before I touch my toys.

It seems to have been on the plastic that is stuck to the valk when you first open it, because I could see the grease causing the plastic to stick to my glass table.

Is Yamato addressing some of the issues here?

Hmm. Interesting how he mentions at the end that during the Shizuoka Hobby show, attendants broke three of the display samples at that same joint... :p

It's definitely greasy....... might take a micro fiber cloth to it when I unpack it next time.

I washed my hands like I always do with dish detergent before I touch my toys.

It seems to have been on the plastic that is stuck to the valk when you first open it, because I could see the grease causing the plastic to stick to my glass table.

it ain't not glowing, is it? :o

just kidding...:lol:

could be just some packaging sealant or something.

yeah, I dig them in fighter mode, but this is just begging for trouble in toy form.

vf-19s-superbooster-battroid_small.gif

No.

Just.

No.

Don't even think about it, yamato-toys.

Edited by treatment

Hmm. Interesting how he mentions at the end that during the Shizuoka Hobby show, attendants broke three of the display samples at that same joint... :p

Can we expect an updated list of "harmed" valks in your sig?

My full review is up on anymoon.com. Unfortunately it's late so I didn't have time to proof read it. I'll read it tomorrow after work and clear up grammatical issues. In the mean time go to anymoon.com and check it out!

o_o. Looking at the transformation sequence, does the canopy have to be opened to transform to battroid? I know that the toy doesn't have to mimic the show's anime-magic transformation, but I chuckle at the idea of Basara being thrown into space when transforming =P

o_o. Looking at the transformation sequence, does the canopy have to be opened to transform to battroid? I know that the toy doesn't have to mimic the show's anime-magic transformation, but I chuckle at the idea of Basara being thrown into space when transforming =P

Yes it does.

Can we expect an updated list of "harmed" valks in your sig?

What, should I quit my job?? :p

i'm more interested at what (or who) they were laughing about at the end. :ph34r:

The guy's over-reliance on onomatopeia to convey the intricacies of transformation steps.

for the price why not included Atmospheric Fast packs I really dont see the problem if made it in a hollow plastic (no weight) and as I see has the same attach that yf 19 and is even more easy the assembly as the shoulder of the vf 19s is longer in comparision of the alpha :rolleyes:

Graham

What sort of issues would there be? Haven't others here already said there's places where it looks like packs could be attached?

What sort of issues would there be? Haven't others here already said there's places where it looks like packs could be attached?

that was for the sound booster. The vf-19 FPs have these shoulder mounted boosters that are the size of the vf-1 back boosters but they hang off the very tips of the shoulder pauldrons.

that was for the sound booster. The vf-19 FPs have these shoulder mounted boosters that are the size of the vf-1 back boosters but they hang off the very tips of the shoulder pauldrons.

I specifically asked if it looked like there were spots for things like fast packs and fold boosters and was told yes. I didn't ask, nor did anybody mention, the sound boosters. I'm aware of the silly, over-sized shoulder pads. The YF-19 had smaller versions. I was curious if they had places to attach something like the fast packs anyway.

I specifically asked if it looked like there were spots for things like fast packs and fold boosters and was told yes. I didn't ask, nor did anybody mention, the sound boosters. I'm aware of the silly, over-sized shoulder pads. The YF-19 had smaller versions. I was curious if they had places to attach something like the fast packs anyway.

Let's all follow the bouncing ball... see you asked here if there was evidence of spots to attach fast packs OR fold boosters.

Has anybody looked this thing over to see if there might be evidence of spots to attach Fast Packs or Fold Boosters or anything like that?

To which, Renato answered:

Yep, three spots on the back.

and then VF5SS specifically asked regarding the FAST packs.

So does the VF-19 look like it can mount leg packs? I hope the Blazer comes with its Atmospheric Fast packs.

To which, Graham responded:

Graham

I think it's pretty clear that Renato wasn't refering to the FAST packs as they don't mount on the BACK. But whatever works for you.

Edited by eugimon

Finally got mine and opened it up last night. Good looking Valk. If you're in to RED Valks...haven't transformed it yet...mine was a little greasy in some spots..just wipe it down with a little Windex and a soft cloth. Seems very sturdy in fighter mode. Good weight to the thing as well. I guess I'll try a transformation tonight. :unsure:

Let's all follow the bouncing ball... see you asked here if there was evidence of spots to attach fast packs OR fold boosters.

I think it's pretty clear that Renato wasn't refering to the FAST packs as they don't mount on the BACK. But whatever works for you.

I don't appreciate the smart-ass response. I asked about fast packs and fold boosters, and was told there are spots on the "back" which was never specified what that meant, though I think most of us, unless we're the type to be bent out of shape by not using correct aeronautical terms, would also say the fast packs on the VF-1 go on the "back" in fighter, gerwalk and battroid. So that wasn't terribly clear. Also, Graham didn't say "no, they weren't designed with them in mind" he gave us a quote that was rather vague after which somebody speculated maybe they would be too heavy and considered a way to make them lighter. There's plenty of gray area there. So I asked Graham what that meant... and I don't recall you being Graham. Thank you.

OK, I'm sorry to have caused all the commotion. The attachment points on the back are for the Sound Booster (I assume).

For the FAST packs: no visible slots; the legs do not have magnets in them like the YF-19 because of the missile bay gimmick.

Also, I don't that cardboard idea happening somehow. ^_^

First transformation complete! NOTHING broken. Went by the book, and all is well. I was CAREFUL and took my time, (so as not to be labeled a 300 lbs gorilla by Graham) ;) ....as many have said this thing is tight. The engineering is amazing. Yamato hit a home run with this one.

First transformation complete! NOTHING broken. Went by the book, and all is well. I was CAREFUL and took my time, (so as not to be labeled a 300 lbs gorilla by Graham) ;) ....as many have said this thing is tight. The engineering is amazing. Yamato hit a home run with this one.

Awesome! Good to hear.

So, it sounds like if you don't try to be a hero, and transform it without the book the first time, and do it very gingerly, you should be ok the first few go around? That sounds Doable for me, and mine should be here tomorrow, right in the middle of major house overhaul and major clean up work being done. This will be my excuse to take a break when it comes in. :) light de-greaser is ready to go, as is the light fingers. (Singing in my Basara voice...) "No more Wastin' time...Dancin' on the Planet Dance!"