Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

My guess is that the glossy plastic is because of all the diecast parts. Hard to get the diecast to have the same pebbled texture as the plastic, much easier just to make the plastic glossy to fit the metal.

VF-17 definitely needs to be matte.

and i'm fine with the v2. VF-1's LERX being painted metal/diecast and the rest of the valk matte plastic.

yeah, but the vf-19 has a lot more metal and it's not just isolated in one area like the LERX on the vf-1. Part of the shoulder is metal, the rest is plastic, stuff like that.

I'd much rather they be matte as well.

I can't imagine how you guys managed to break that toy. It looks pretty damn sturdy in the videos. Copared to it a 1/48 looks like a transformable model.

Based on videos on the internet you can't imagine it could be broken? Um... It's a 1mm plastic tab. Hopefully now that others have seen it though most will avoid the issue. I'm hoping to figure out a way to fix it tonight. It looks like a bead of glue would make it as good as new provided there's a way to unscrew everything.

Double fold boosters? What's the logic behind that?

We see twin fold boosters being used by RVF-171s in Mac Frontier.

Either extended range or using one to go and one to come back makes sense (assuming they are still single use).

Graham

Does that mean other variants will be matte instead? Or are other 19's like the Blazer glossy as well?

As mentioned previously, the gloss finish is a property of the inside surface treatment of the mold and this cannot be changed, so yes, the VF-19/S/F/P will all be gloss.

Graham

Bandai's YF-29 will be my first glossy valk, if I don't really like it I'll skip on this mold altogether and wait for the Nightmare. If that too is glossy I'll just go and buy more Sturmvogels instead :ph34r: .

As mentioned previously, the gloss finish is a property of the inside surface treatment of the mold and this cannot be changed, so yes, the VF-19/S/F/P will all be gloss.

Will the vf-17 be glossy too? The Bandai chunky munky has glossy look.

So I'm assuming the same for the yamato too and that is how it is for this.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

HLJ decided today to do a maintinence on their site to check on orders so I can't see if they are still processing my order or it was shipped.

I'm glad to hear future versions will be glossy. Glossy = sexy.

Not for some robots. I would not like a glossy destroid monster for instance. Dull finish and absorbing light rather than reflecting it is going to be better. Imagine if you are trying to hide in bushes and the shiny glint of your armor attracts enemies attention? Imagine if the urban camo GBP armor was glossy? Not saying it doesn't look good for some planes. But I can't imagine them being as cool in those instances.

I also hate the "white valk" look of the vf-1. I prefer them being metallic or grey like the low visibility.

When they color megatron white in the transformers cartoon, I think it is bad. He should be more like a light grey imo with maybe shiny highlights to show the surface reflects some light instead of being grey all over. Valkyries in my imagining are grey! Macross Zero has the right idea. Screw DYRL! lol

And just to clarify, I have never and would never throw away any 1/48s. What I did throw away are all my old v1 1/60 VF-1 toys and the old Mac Plus 1/72 toys.

My 1/48s, while no longer on display are all safe in storage.

Graham

The joint being too right, possibly causing people to pull too hard?

Graham

Whew that's good news, I can understand the others, as I had avoided them when they first came out, as they looked like crap. Yamato sure has come a long way from 2000.

Not for some robots. I would not like a glossy destroid monster for instance. Dull finish and absorbing light rather than reflecting it is going to be better. Imagine if you are trying to hide in bushes and the shiny glint of your armor attracts enemies attention? Imagine if urban camo GBP armor was glossy? Not saying it doesn't look good. But I can't imagine them being as cool in those instances.

The Fire Valk was bright red and it's not like Basara didn't want to be seen

For those that have it, how does the whole cockpit transformation gizmo work? Is it effective in that the pilot can stay in his seat throughout the entire transformation sequence, or does he have to be removed for everything to work? Also, is the cockpit secure in battroid mode? Lolz, don't want to have pilot shake out of his seat and land in some crevice only to lose his head or an arm when I move it (the model)....

For those that have it, how does the whole cockpit transformation gizmo work? Is it effective in that the pilot can stay in his seat throughout the entire transformation sequence, or does he have to be removed for everything to work? Also, is the cockpit secure in battroid mode? Lolz, don't want to have pilot shake out of his seat and land in some crevice only to lose his head or an arm when I move it (the model)....

Yes, Basara can stay in the seat for the whole transformation, there is no need to remove him.

Yes, the cockpit is very secure in battroid mode. Even with the top hatch open so you can see Basara, I'm not sure there is actually enough room to shake him out.

Graham

post-12283-0-91876200-1306209987_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-38486700-1306210006_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-47571300-1306210026_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-56827300-1306210061_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-64748300-1306210085_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-15427300-1306210106_thumb.jpg

Not for some robots. I would not like a glossy destroid monster for instance. Dull finish and absorbing light rather than reflecting it is going to be better. Imagine if you are trying to hide in bushes and the shiny glint of your armor attracts enemies attention? Imagine if the urban camo GBP armor was glossy? Not saying it doesn't look good for some planes. But I can't imagine them being as cool in those instances.

A destroid is never sexy, They can certainly be badass, but not sexy.

And we're talking about bright Red/Blue plane with Yellow/White accents.

Not to mention I don't think trying to hide a Destroid Monster "in bushes" would be of any use…

Woodlands camo in a forest maybe, powered down. But then I tend to think of them as battletech mechs, which is why I bought them in the first place.

A monster is too massive but what about valkyries?

Now that I think about it a valkyrie lying down low with gunpod and a tripod to reduce the shaking hiding low in some forest sounds like a cool idea.

-Macross plus gave us the bayonet for close combat kills when the gunpod jams. Can't believe they took out that scene from the movie edition.

-MacF gave us the sniper beam gunpod, to shoot from long range.

coming soon:

-Macross "8th mobile suit team" (when the Inbit from Mospeada attack one of the planets the macross ships have landed down on to colonise) will allow robots to lie on the ground and shoot with a heavy machine gunpod from the safety of a machine gun nest. (and we finally see a return of the destroids! Mini-versions of these that are a cross between a destroid and EX Gear.)

The armor pack now exchanges missiles inside the boxes, for ammo boxes of gunpod bullets to shoot while hidden for long period of time. Inbit scout troops are too hard to hit with micromissiles since they fly too close to the ground and behind lots of cover.

Finally all those non-canon scheme can be of use. Maybe they can bring back that valkyrie with the harpoon weapon? The next threat is not an alien but a godzilla like creature which mutated from all the radiation and grew to large size. It is the leader of a mutant form of aliens living on the planet which have mutant powers and hunt valkyrie pilots to feed the leader as a sacrifice to please it.

Hey LowViz you know how you type up the longest paragraphs of any poster here? I think if they were about the Fire Valk/on topic you would get a better reception here.

For those who have the Fire Valk, is the spine connection aft of the canopy much more sturdy than the 1/60 YF-19? For example, less prone to parts cracking?

Hey LowViz you know how you type up the longest paragraphs of any poster here? I think if they were about the Fire Valk/on topic you would get a better reception here.

For those who have the Fire Valk, is the spine connection aft of the canopy much more sturdy than the 1/60 YF-19? For example, less prone to parts cracking?

The VF-19Kai's spine seems very sturdy to me and the parts fitting is infinitely superior to the YF-19.

First I've heard of any parts cracking on the YF-19's spine!!!!????? Did I miss something?

Graham