Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

Version 2 "Phat robot" 1/60 YF-19 needs to be done in my opinion.

I want all the great gimmicks that this has had like the cockpit being openable, chest lock, slim fighter mode etc.

Fact is the yf-19 is much cooler in looks than any of the macross 7 variants.

I even prefer the head design with only 1 laser. It had much more iconic dogfights too thanks to better animation.

YF-19 had

-Cooler gunpod,

-non-flashy, non-super robot, paintsheme

-no face

-does not make the shoulders into big ugly triangles that hang off the sides too much (classic anime trope where big hulking robot must take up as much space as possible so that when going through a narrow corridor they get stuck in place)

-doesn't look like it is wearing pants (I hate that sleeve on the bottom of the legs. yuck!)

Macross 7 = the G Gundam of macross. Boobs and faces on mechs is not cool and "the pants" thing bugs me. Yamato is just cashing on the popularity of mac 7. You know it, I know it, and the sooner graham gets them to start on yf-19 version 2 the better.

Did you peep at my diary? :angry:

Personally, I've always liked the Macross 7 mecha and prefer the VF-19S/F/P/Kai over the Mac Plus YF-19. Also prefer the VF-22S over the YF-21. And of course the VF-17D is my all time favourite VF.

Just picked up a second VF-19 Kai.

Graham

Because HLJ sucks? Seriously, they are slower than slow at processing orders out if their warehouse. If you absolutely need anything in a hurry from Japan, never use HLJ! If you don't mind slow, they are ok.

Graham

I want all the great gimmicks that this has had like the cockpit being openable, chest lock, slim fighter mode etc.

I even prefer the head design with only 1 laser. It had much more iconic dogfights too thanks to better animation.

YF-19 had

-Cooler gunpod,

-no face

-does not make the shoulders into big ugly triangles that hang off the sides too much (classic anime trope where big hulking robot must take up as much space as possible so that when going through a narrow corridor they get stuck in place)

-doesn't look like it is wearing pants (I hate that sleeve on the bottom of the legs. yuck!)

Macross 7 = the G Gundam of macross. Boobs and faces on mechs is not cool and "the pants" thing bugs me. Yamato is just cashing on the popularity of mac 7. You know it, I know it, and the sooner graham gets them to start on yf-19 version 2 the better.

While I can understand where you are coming from, it's your opinion.

Really interesting to find that years after Macross 7, people still harbor so much hate for a design. Boobs and faces on Mecha? Why the hell not? It's something different, unique and completely in character with Macross 7. Don't get the hate for the Super Robots.

Perhaps it's just that it's too different and strays too far form people's pre-conceived notions of what a Mecross Valk should and shouldn't be. The Macross franchise is not limited to these self-imposed restrictions it can be whatever it wants to be. I for one welcome change and embrace the VF-19 Kai's designs for what it is. An awesome, flaming, stylish and robust Valkyrie.

Besides, even if you hate it, there are still a ton of other Valks created by Yamato that should satisfy everyone's needs. No need to rain on other people's parade.

Edited by Actar

As I stated. Although It's just a toy, I personally don't want to be troubled about loosing parts. Toys are supposed to bring fun and not frustration. That's just me saying. ;)

Anyways.

HLJ so slow! Always getting a note from them that they're still buried due to the Golden Week vacation. Waiting sucks.

Edited by wewe

Besides, even if you hate it, there are still a ton of other Valks created by Yamato that should satisfy everyone's needs. No need to rain on other people's parade.

Its hardly raining on anyones parade - he is just stating an opinion and even put in some clearly defined reasons as to why he has that opinion.

I completely agree that M7 is the G Gundam of the Macross franchise - that dosnt mean its bad but it is certainly so different from any other Macross that it is bound to polarise viewers into those who enjoy the realistic looking military vlaks and those who like the super robots with OTT colour schemes and (ahem) boobs.

Im firmly in the YF-19 camp - it just looks more badass in my opinion in both fighter and battroid mode.

Macross 7 = the G Gundam of macross.

If by that you mean the single greatest thing to ever happen to the franchise, possibly. :p

BTW, I 100% support tits and faces on robots. *cough*MAXL*cough*Make it happen yamato*chough*

Edited by anime52k8

@ff95gj: I agree with every thing you say. I don´t like my YF-19, I actually love it like a member of my family lol. But IMO thats only the secondary reasons, for me the YF-19 and Isamu are the ultimate tribute to freedom of spirit, to the adventurers and to the pioneers, cause lets face it Macross as a series is awesome, but Macross Plus is just epic.

Buuuuuuuuut, I´m drooling over these, damn is a master piece of engineering, I regret so much I preordered the YF-29 from amiami instead.

@ff95gj: I agree with every thing you say. I don´t like my YF-19, I actually love it like a member of my family lol. But IMO thats only the secondary reasons, for me the YF-19 and Isamu are the ultimate tribute to freedom of spirit, to the adventurers and to the pioneers, cause lets face it Macross as a series is awesome, but Macross Plus is just epic.

Buuuuuuuuut, I´m drooling over these, damn is a master piece of engineering, I regret so much I preordered the YF-29 from amiami instead.

i absolutely could not agree more.

I really want a YF-19 v3 as well. But I don't mind waiting a couple years, the VF-19 and it's variants should tide me over until then.

What I hope they do is release a YF-21 v3 around the same time as the YF-19 with a more lineart accurate battroid mode while keeping the fighter mode proportions of the current toy. If anyone can do it, it's Yamato!

Did you peep at my diary? :angry:

and mine...

My wallet is secretly celebrating that I hate both the YF-29 and the Mac Valk.

The VF-19Kai by Yamato may be the greatest feat of engineering after the wheel, but my deslike of its aesthetics has saved the wallet. Same with the engines over engines over engines YF-29 thing. I am probably a big loser by stupidly waiting for a V2.0 YF-19 and VF-25...but at least the wallet is happy!

Ok, I am certainly going to buy this toy. But, why is Yamato so greedy to put such a high price on this one?

Yes, it is the best Macross Valkyrie from Yamato, it has more diecast, more gimmicks. But US$230 dollars for it!(not including shipping)

I've been loyal to Yamato and bought most of the main Valkyries since the crappy 1/72 YF-19. Now that Yamato is a bigger company thanks to all the Valkyrie toys we bought over the years, Yamato still want to squeeze our wallets increasing the price of these toys.

I will have to wait until HLJ puts the Fire Valkyrie on super dimensional sale in a year or so :(. Not fair for a loyal Yamato Valkyrie customer.

I could be wrong but the transformation looks quicker/simpler than the 1/60 YF-19, which I think is a plus. As cool as the Fire Valk looks and as much as folks say it's the best Yamato valk yet, I still think the BLAZER will dominate all for a while to come.

The F/S versions will be sexy. A P version would be neat too, I dug the paint scheme and head.

Ok, I am certainly going to buy this toy. But, why is Yamato so greedy to put such a high price on this one?

Yes, it is the best Macross Valkyrie from Yamato, it has more diecast, more gimmicks. But US$230 dollars for it!(not including shipping)

I've been loyal to Yamato and bought most of the main Valkyries since the crappy 1/72 YF-19. Now that Yamato is a bigger company thanks to all the Valkyrie toys we bought over the years, Yamato still want to squeeze our wallets increasing the price of these toys.

I will have to wait until HLJ puts the Fire Valkyrie on super dimensional sale in a year or so :(. Not fair for a loyal Yamato Valkyrie customer.

Normally I would think that there are more small parts tooled for this release which would result in price incrrease, but I dunno. I'm interested in the answer to this too

Sad to say that I can't feel the excitement for a Blazer as I base my collection on main hero Valks and their pilots and not for the mecha itself.. Not really into side characters or grunts. Perhaps that's why I'm not as affected by the design as you guys... Hm... :p

Edited by Actar

Compare to past large size item from Yamato VF-19 Kai is not too crazy.

VF-19 Kai : 22000

YF-21 with stand : 21800

YF-19 with fold booster : 22800

Sv-51 with stand : 21800

But of course the old ones had more accessories.

Edited by CF18

YF-19 had

-Cooler gunpod,

-no face

AMEN, Brother...

Edited by Shaorin

:o OH. MY. GOD. :o

witnessing such a beautiful work of engineering art in action,

i'm starting to want even this garishly colored Kai!!

it's going to be a LONG, tough wait for me for the more sensibly-colored variants

of this MASTERPIECE of technical design... :o

Edited by Shaorin

B))B))B))

The clear-canopy thing at around the 2-min mark is a bit interesting:

edit:

damn frickin' IPB doesn't seem to embed the yt-link properly, so here's the actual url for the 2-min mark:

can anyone verify if the dude just didn't lock it properly or if the canopy just will not close/lock when the pilot-seat is switched/turned for battroid-mode.

Edited by treatment

Because HLJ sucks? Seriously, they are slower than slow at processing orders out if their warehouse. If you absolutely need anything in a hurry from Japan, never use HLJ! If you don't mind slow, they are ok.

Graham

I ordered twice from them during their 1st 2 Macross sales and got my items within a week from the time i placed my orders. The 2nd one was right after the big earthquake too and i was still surprised i got it so quickly. 1st time was through Fed Ex and 2nd was through EMS.

I got my items before my CC was finished charging the items. =]

But anyways, back on topic.... this is definitely a well made toy that i would consider picking up if i i find it later at a good discounted price. Wouldn't pay retail for this as i've never finished watching Mac 7 and don't have much interest in the valks....

Here's to hoping for another HLJ sale next year when these go on 35% - 50% clearance!

Did you guys hear that click when the canopy opened? That's a first. :)

They also made the head lasers canted outward. Another first.

I love the wing root locks for Gerwalk and chest locks for Battroid. Very nice....now SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY. :ph34r:

I love the wing root locks for Gerwalk

Yeah, amazing how they had them in the exact same place and worked the same way, way back when it was the Toycom 1/72 YF-19. All these years later, they finally "remember" how they got it right the first time...

awesome transformation videos.

i will just have to experience the VF-19 vicariously through these vids and pics in the meantime... :D

Compare to past large size item from Yamato VF-19 Kai is not too crazy.

VF-19 Kai : 22000

YF-21 with stand : 21800

YF-19 with fold booster : 22800

Sv-51 with stand : 21800

But of course the old ones had more accessories.

...and those 3 (YF-19 standalone and Fold booster standalone) were a part of HLJ's Macross/Yamato sales the past couple of years... so yeah, i'm crossing my fingers this'll be on sale sooner rather than later.

Edited by m0n5t3r