Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

7702a668.jpg

I find this image a bit concerning. :-/

Why? It looks fine.

It came from here - the owner has no complain, other than having camera problem.

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-154808-1-1.html

New review from Japan:

F mode: http://blog.kuruten.jp/bat/162716

G mode: http://blog.kuruten.jp/bat/162964

B mode: http://blog.kuruten.jp/bat/162975

Edited by CF18

Why? It looks fine.

It came from here - the owner has no complain, other than having camera problem.

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-154808-1-1.html

New review from Japan:

F mode: http://blog.kuruten.jp/bat/162716

G mode: http://blog.kuruten.jp/bat/162964

B mode: http://blog.kuruten.jp/bat/162975

Hehe looks like Basara put on quite a few pounds there. :o

I was concerned about where the 2 extra bits go. So happens that it's for the butt. Just like the Hi-Metal. Oh well.

There are extra covers for the back of the intake and one of the neck piece with morph heat shield too to concur the anime magic. We all know that like couple months ago when Yamato announed it on their website.

I think those covers are fine, not a big deal. There are there to enhance the appearance, but you don't need them if you don't want to.

Do you consider swapping intake covers during figther mode and battroid mode from previous release a concern?

There are extra covers for the back of the intake and one of the neck piece with morph heat shield too to concur the anime magic. We all know that like couple months ago when Yamato announed it on their website.

I think those covers are fine, not a big deal. There are there to enhance the appearance, but you don't need them if you don't want to.

Do you consider swapping intake covers during figther mode and battroid mode from previous release a concern?

Excuse me but I didn't know yamato announced that. I was expecting a "perfect transformation". I'm not bothered at all with the vents on the old ones because I keep them on. Those butt bits I could loose. I'm not the type of person who just display toys, I play with them a lot. And I also throw away boxes. But as I said. I still want the toy. :D

Edited by wewe

I don't have any issue with the "extra parts". They aren't integral to the transformation, or necessary for solidity to the structure. In that, I'm totally fine with having them. At least they thought enough about stuff like that. If there's something that concerns you on a picture, you may want to be a little specific about what's "concerning" you, instead of having nobody know what you're talking about, and you having to make 3 or more posts just to get to the meat of the issue. Just a suggestion.

b9.jpg

This pic right here is epic! Cockpit rotation and access from the top in batroid mode! :) Too bad I can't afford this and the YF-29 this month........damn now I think I made the wrong choice!:lol:

b8.jpg

PS: Every time I see a pic of these leg missiles I drool...........:lol:..............battroid mode is epic. I am going to have to find some cash to pic this one up now......what are kidneys going for nowadays?:lol:........maybe I will just sell off my Masterpiece Seekers. They are nice, but they are not Macross.

Edited by logos

That's an odd-looking picture. I think these are closer to the official colours:

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macross7/vf-19p.htm

Yes I know, just used my tweaked pic that I made, (took off the speakers, launchers, and made the shoulders the same color).

I hope the 19P is next, it is the easiest to do from the Fire Valk. Just head swap, different color and stabilizers on the legs. I just hope they put a GU-15 gunpod with it, I dont remember seeing it with a gunpod in Dynamite.

Excuse me but I didn't know yamato announced that. I was expecting a "perfect transformation". I'm not bothered at all with the vents on the old ones because I keep them on. Those butt bits I could loose. I'm not the type of person who just display toys, I play with them a lot. And I also throw away boxes. But as I said. I still want the toy. :D

If you won't be using them then it doesn't really matter if you lose them right? Just put them away somewhere. No big deal

All of Yamato's products from the 1/48s and on are perfect transformation. Now they have added some things to make the toys look better usually in batriod and most times it was just intake covers but in the end they are perfect transformation with the best proportions for any Valk.

A little bit of a trick... and it's perfect! (If you consider this as a trick of course)

1305819124030.jpg

With all reports of quality improvement and new-generation engineering in the VF-19, I still like the look of YF-19 better.

Even though it is floppy and things don't lock together, I really like its look.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk in a VF-19 thread. Maybe I will change my religion when I get mine.

All of Yamato's products from the 1/48s and on are perfect transformation. Now they have added some things to make the toys look better usually in batriod and most times it was just intake covers but in the end they are perfect transformation with the best proportions for any Valk.

As I said. Inkate covers can be left on. Those butt caps I can loose. I think this toy is looks nice. I have it on preorder.

@Raptor One: The thing is, I see myself using them. I like to bring my toy wherever I want. This just makes me more cautious about it. I'm just telling. I don't like to worry.

@ Jasonc: Alright. Keep your cool man. It's just a toy.

@ Jasonc: Alright. Keep your cool man. It's just a toy.

Never lost it, and you're right, it is just a toy, so there's no reason for concern. You're catching on. ;)

With all reports of quality improvement and new-generation engineering in the VF-19, I still like the look of YF-19 better.

Even though it is floppy and things don't lock together, I really like its look.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk in a VF-19 thread. Maybe I will change my religion when I get mine.

I bet that when the VF-19P or even VF-19F comes out your opinion will change. It is a pretty polarizing Valkyrie. I sent my payment and am looking forward to mine, but not as much a I will be for a color scheme I like more.

@Raptor One: The thing is, I see myself using them. I like to bring my toy wherever I want. This just makes me more cautious about it. I'm just telling. I don't like to worry.

Ah, that makes more sense then.

@ff95gj

Do you prefer the design of the YF-19 or the toy itself?

Ah, that makes more sense then.

@ff95gj

Do you prefer the design of the YF-19 or the toy itself?

Hmm... Both. I like the original YF-19 over the VF-19, and the not-as-accurate proportion (slimmer) of the toy makes it look better to my taste too.

I bet that when the VF-19P or even VF-19F comes out your opinion will change. It is a pretty polarizing Valkyrie. I sent my payment and am looking forward to mine, but not as much a I will be for a color scheme I like more.

I believe the VF-19F and VF-19S will change my view. Or even when I lay my hands on the VF-19 Kai. :p

Version 2 "Phat robot" 1/60 YF-19 needs to be done in my opinion.

I want all the great gimmicks that this has had like the cockpit being openable, chest lock, slim fighter mode etc.

Fact is the yf-19 is much cooler in looks than any of the macross 7 variants.

I even prefer the head design with only 1 laser. It had much more iconic dogfights too thanks to better animation.

YF-19 had

-Cooler gunpod,

-non-flashy, non-super robot, paintsheme

-no face

-does not make the shoulders into big ugly triangles that hang off the sides too much (classic anime trope where big hulking robot must take up as much space as possible so that when going through a narrow corridor they get stuck in place)

-doesn't look like it is wearing pants (I hate that sleeve on the bottom of the legs. yuck!)

Macross 7 = the G Gundam of macross. Boobs and faces on mechs is not cool and "the pants" thing bugs me. Yamato is just cashing on the popularity of mac 7. You know it, I know it, and the sooner graham gets them to start on yf-19 version 2 the better.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Version 2 "Phat robot" 1/60 YF-19 needs to be done in my opinion.

I want all the great gimmicks that this has had like the cockpit being openable, chest lock, slim fighter mode etc.

Fact is the yf-19 is much cooler in looks than any of the macross 7 variants.

I even prefer the head design with only 1 laser. It had much more iconic dogfights too thanks to better animation.

YF-19 had

-Cooler gunpod,

-non-flashy, non-super robot, paintsheme

-no face

-does not make the shoulders into big ugly triangles that hang off the sides too much (classic anime trope where big hulking robot must take up as much space as possible so that when going through a narrow corridor they get stuck in place)

-doesn't look like it is wearing pants (I hate that sleeve on the bottom of the legs. yuck!)

Macross 7 = the G Gundam of macross. Boobs and faces on mechs is not cool and "the pants" thing bugs me. Yamato is just cashing on the popularity of mac 7. You know it, I know it, and the sooner graham gets them to start on yf-19 version 2 the better.

It's like...you can see into my own heart. /Valk5 Well except for the VF-22S, I love them to bits.

Another thing about 1/60 yf-19: did anyone think the gunpod was too small? I prefer it being a little bit longer. I think yamato need to experiment and make the handles of the gunpods a nice flexible rubbery material. Make it so you can have an option to use a solid handle or flexible one. One thing I just noticed is that the bottom of my VF-11B gunpod handle is cracked but luckily it doesn't effect anything. I had it holding the gunpod for a year and only just noticed it. It's still in one piece.

Ahh...can't wait till some news appears and we get a fixed yf-19 heh.

It's like...you can see into my own heart. /Valk5 Well except for the VF-22S, I love them to bits.

I like that one too. But strangely I think the "one eyeball" head of the yf-21 is a touch that makes the uniqueness of the 21 stand out just a little better when standing next to other valks. The visor of the 22S looks "cooler", but the "one eyeball" of the yf21 makes it stand out a little bit more if you know what I mean. They are both great designs though. It's hard to explain but there are two types of ugly:

ugly that makes a robot look cool

ugly that makes a robot look bad.

YF-21 has an ugly head (a ball with sensors) but it makes the robot more mysterious and a bit creepy. (the hood also enhances it)

clown face mechs look bad. (I know they are supposed to because the pilot is a rockstar and all that. ...just saying :p)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker