Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

I'm not saying it ugly, just evil and scary :p. Also, anyone remember if that chest gun ever used in batroid mode? And if Yamato will ever release red 17S, I hope they put Manfred Brando name in sticker sheet along with Millia. Give VF-X2 some love!

post-9548-0-16846600-1307179692_thumb.jpg

Edited by reeoyuy

I'm not saying it ugly, just evil and scary :p. Also, anyone remember if that chest gun ever used in batroid mode? And if Yamato will ever release red 17S, I hope they put Manfred Brando name in sticker sheet along with Millia. Give VF-X2 some love!

post-9548-0-16846600-1307179692_thumb.jpg

Yes, the chest guns were used numerous times in battroid mode in the series, but if u blink u miss it.

The yellow markings on Millia's and Brando's VF-17S are different.

Graham

Not going to happen. Too many gimmicks to think of before that.

It's a big, non-moving Disk that sits on top of the jet; just throw it in with a super part add-on bundle.

Yellow >>>> light blue/white/teal

I always had the impression that these colours were meant to represent gold and silver, respectively, yellow and light blue/white being common stand-ins for those metallic shades. Maybe I just read too many comics. :p

I always had the impression that these colours were meant to represent gold and silver, respectively, yellow and light blue/white being common stand-ins for those metallic shades. Maybe I just read too many comics. :p

In fact, yellow = gold & white = silver according to the Rules of Heraldry.

I think it's that way for the yellow on the Fire Valkyrie (as can be seen in the model kit artwork and original Bandai 1/65 toy, which show gold shoulders/ankles), but not for the stripes on the VF-17S, mostly because I think it's a given that they are a recall to the tradition of the S type typically having yellow stripes.

I'm just saying that choosing yellow for the "S" type valk stripes and white for the rest of the team is correct from the point of view of the Rules of Heraldry –which are frequently regarded by the armies of lots of nations for their emblems. I'm not saying Mr. Kawamori followed them or that what we can see in the show as yellow should be gold in real life. And strictly speaking, even in Heraldry yellow = yellow –but means gold.

+1 ^_^

And I hope they release Miria's VF-17S.

In a business where "mold milking" for all available versions of an item within the scope of the license means extra profit to amortize tooling costs, you better believe it that Yamato will get around to Miria's 17S... It's better for them, it's better for us win-win. :)

I'll probably pass on the whole VF-19 series due to the gloss finish unless I can score one for more than 50% off... fine for the Kay, but not for the Blazers and P variants military equals matte to semi-gloss at most, with gloss units reserved for demonstration teams and ,in Macross's case, the occasional flamboyant oddball peacenik rock star. But the VF-17 Nightmares, as long as they're matte, shall grace my shelves.

Edited by mechaninac

In a business where "mold milking" for all available versions of an item within the scope of the license means extra profit to amortize tooling costs, you better believe it that Yamato will get around to Miria's 17S... It's better for them, it's better for us – win-win. :)

Miria's VF-11B has yet to be released though....

yeah, but it was only shown for about 5 seconds in one of the Plus segments. She flew the Vf-17 for nearly the whole stolen city arc, which was like 30 episodes... ;)

It's been a while since I've watched M7 so I may be mistaken, but I don't recall seeing Millia in a VF-11B... VF-1J and VF-22S yes, but no Thunderbolt III. I know that M3mentions it appears in episode 20(Macross 7 PLUS), but if so it's one of those blink-and-you-miss-it-things. But you hane a point, Yamato should get off their butts and take advantage of even a flitting appearance to produce it (They already have all the molds, after all), or get the M3 game lincence and make a M&M set. Regardless, I'm confident they won't pass up on the MILF's 17S.

yeah, but it was only shown for about 5 seconds in one of the Plus segments. She flew the Vf-17 for nearly the whole stolen city arc, which was like 30 episodes... ;)

Are you sure about that? I think it was only ONE episode! It certainly was not 30...

It's been a while since I've watched M7 so I may be mistaken, but I don't recall seeing Millia in a VF-11B... VF-1J and VF-22S yes, but no Thunderbolt III. I know that M3mentions it appears in episode 20(Macross 7 PLUS), but if so it's one of those blink-and-you-miss-it-things. But you hane a point, Yamato should get off their butts and take advantage of even a flitting appearance to produce it (They already have all the molds, after all), or get the M3 game lincence and make a M&M set. Regardless, I'm confident they won't pass up on the MILF's 17S.

I think she flew one in one of the end-of-episode shorts back when she was Gamrin's instructor. Top Gamrin, I believe.

It wasn't a blink and you miss it thing. The PLUS episode is a backstory of Gamlin's training before he made it to the Diamond force. Millia was the instructor with her red VF-11 for Gamlin and the rest of his cohort. Only appeared in this episode though

I will buy it if it comes out, but I could wait for this to come later though... The main Mac 7 valks should come 1st (VF-19 F/S/P, VF-17, even the whaling VF-1A and VT-1C from Mac 7 Dynamite! lol~!)

I do like the visor and chin on that one, but I could do without the five-head. :p

Definitely want to see them do both versions, but I don't know which one I'd like better honestly.

Plus, I'm holding out a stupid hope they'll make the VF-17T, just because I want to see a MAXL, even if it is really unlikely.

I do like the visor and chin on that one, but I could do without the five-head. :p

Definitely want to see them do both versions, but I don't know which one I'd like better honestly.

Plus, I'm holding out a stupid hope they'll make the VF-17T, just because I want to see a MAXL, even if it is really unlikely.

The T isn't a radical departure from the other 17 variants so there might be a slight chance of seeing that. I'll bet the MAXL has a snowballs chance in hell. That one is a complete redesign.

Something tells me we may just get all of Fire Bomber, though there isn't much as far as repaints go for the MAXL if they release a VF-17T then everyone will be yelling for the complete set, and the profit capabilities alone of that I don't think Yamato will really pass on., but i could be wrong.

Well, it is different enough to need a new chest design, since the VF-17T's cockpit is so different.

My main point though is that if they actually do bother to make the T, I can't see any reason why they would do it, unless they intend to complete Sound Force, and make a MAXL. Otherwise making the VF-17T would be like releasing a set of new Star Trek TOS figures, and making Kirk and McCoy, but not Spock. The Fire Valk can be a stand alone (and was for quite a while in the show), but once you make a Ray/Veffidas VF-17T, you better follow through with Mylene's as well.

And yes, the MAXL is crazily different from the VF-11. They really don't share any components at all (though I think the non-Sound Force version had a nearly normal VF-11 nose section), and the transformation has to be modified quite a bit.

I don't think it's by any means impossible, but it'll be an undertaking similar in magnitude to the change between the YF-19 and the Fire Valk.

Well, it is different enough to need a new chest design, since the VF-17T's cockpit is so different.

My main point though is that if they actually do bother to make the T, I can't see any reason why they would do it, unless they intend to complete Sound Force, and make a MAXL. Otherwise making the VF-17T would be like releasing a set of new Star Trek TOS figures, and making Kirk and McCoy, but not Spock. The Fire Valk can be a stand alone (and was for quite a while in the show), but once you make a Ray/Veffidas VF-17T, you better follow through with Mylene's as well.

And yes, the MAXL is crazily different from the VF-11. They really don't share any components at all (though I think the non-Sound Force version had a nearly normal VF-11 nose section), and the transformation has to be modified quite a bit.

I don't think it's by any means impossible, but it'll be an undertaking similar in magnitude to the change between the YF-19 and the Fire Valk.

Not sure why you would say that. Where's the vf-0D or the reactive armor, or the full armor, or the spartan or the phalanx? Yamato has shown time and time again that they're perfectly willing to walk away from a line if it doesn't look profitable to them.

And yes, the MAXL is crazily different from the VF-11. They really don't share any components at all

Raptor One was asking about Mylene's MAXL vs other MAXL's, not MAXL vs standard -11. Mylene doesn't fly a VF-11MAXL, she has a VF-11MAXL Kai.

As it is, there are "normal" MAXL's quasi-officially in the literature, but never seen, just fan-art. Basically, make a delta-winged VF-11. Or take all the "girly" elements away from Mylene's. I think one of the main debates is whether a standard MAXL would have the circle ankle vernier like the later VF-19's and Mylene's do.

(grr post ninja'd :lol:)

I guess that's kind of my point in a roundabout way. If they do the VF-17T, it's already an investment to make that. The only reason I can see them making that version first is because the adaptation from VF-17D/S to VF-17T would be (arguably) easier than making a brand new MAXL. Doing it that way is more risky to begin with, because they'd be dumping money on the least popular of the group. I have a hard time believing they would do that unless they're committed to making the whole group.

I guess the bottom line is that they have to be aware that Mylene's valk would sell better, so it would likely come out first anyway. But if they go ahead with the VF-17T out of convenience, it might be a good indicator that they plan on doing a MAXL later.

It's crazy speculation sure, and depends entirely on the thought that they would use the T as a teaser for the complete Sound Force. It's much more likely they'd just drop the VF-17T entirely, and only do a MAXL, but it's just as possible they'll never do either.

And yep, I guess I realized that he meant the normal MAXL, but didn't say anything about it. I don't think the differences between those have ever been officially stated/shown. I tend to think that aside from the face/speakers though, the standard MAXL would have been closer to Mylene's than the normal VF-11. It might use a standard shaped nose section/cockpit, but comparing it to the differences between the Fire Valk and VF-19, I don't see why they would customize more than the face/speakers for the sound force version, just like they did for both Basara's and Ray/Veffidas' valks.

This does assume there was even a "standard" MAXL to begin with though. Speaking of which.. I think I know what I want to do with one of my new Hasegawa kits now. :)

Edited by Chronocidal

This does assume there was even a "standard" MAXL to begin with though.

If there wasn't, then Mylene would have like a VF-11C Kai, and not a MAXL Kai. If there's no basic MAXL, Mylene can't have the Kai version of it.