Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

Yea I find it pretty strange that this comes out in a week and we still haven't seen any pics of the final version. Yamato needs to work on it's promotion a bit.

Hopefully Graham will take some pics of his Christmas present...

I believe Renato was transforming a production sample in the video he posted, not a prototype.

Jumping to unfounded conclusions, freaking out about a made up issue are not "criticisms". It's just freaking out about non issues. Just like when people were freaking out about the 19s gunpod being angled in the test shots and some of us pointed out that it was likely that the gunpod collapsed but no, the panic train continued till the toy came actually came out and lo and behold, the gunpod COLLAPSED.

Other pics CLEARLY show that the wing gloves slide in and sit flush with the central back plate which would make the gaps disapear, ergo, there IS NO GAP issue.

wing gloves slid in some

wing gloves pulled out more, you can easily see the lock tabs for holding them in place here

LOOK at the wing glove position.

So, don't get your panties in a bunch just because someone is correcting someone else's mistaken belief in a toy that hasn't even come out you.

If you don't like it, whatever. That's your personal taste, I couldn't care less. But I'm addressing the mistaken belief that the gerwalk is "gappy" when it's pretty clear that yamato followed the line art and made the wing gloves slide in.

Nice post, I'm actually not bothered by the gaps either way because I won't be getting a 17, I simply pointed out that the people that had complaints were justified. I'm glad you pointed the pics out, apparently many of us hadn't seen those pics and were still worried, it does indeed look MUCH better, now they know and can have suspicions laid to rest. I'm also glad to see you clearly didn't get your panties in a bunch and find another reason to attempt to publicly flame someone :)

Edited by Tking22

That's good information to know and I didn't notice that before but I'm not sure that's the issue people are having concerning "gaps." There's a lot of different types of gaps people could focus on. I was curious which gap in particular people were having issues with.

post-19-0-97977400-1324526906_thumb.jpg

here's a rough PS job of what it would look like with the wing gloves retracted all the way, the way it's shown here:

post-19-0-37721600-1324527012_thumb.jpg

The empty space between the wing gloves and the back plate get filled in and the there's a minimal gap between the shoulders and the wings.

If people want to get upset about that... shrug.

Anyways, personally, I can't wait for it to come out! :)

I believe Renato was transforming a production sample in the video he posted, not a prototype.

Not a production sample, as no tampo printing. Lilkely, correct colour test shot.

Note that test shots go through several generations in the process of getting the bugs worked out, gaps minimized, joints tightened up, parts fitting improved etc. Even after molds are cut, they will be modified several times in order to get everything just right. Even with CAD/CAM, the first generation test shots, will be loose, gappy etc., so the engineers need to figure out how to modify the molds, then a second generation test shot is made, gaps, tightness fitting is again checked, if futher changes to the molds are required, this is done again a third gen test shot made and checked, until everybody is happy and then it goes into production.

Graham

I'm thinking after the 17 drops, the next things we will see will be the retooled and designed sound force VF-17 and VF-11, it just seems like the next obvious move.

No, that's definitely not the NEXT thing you're going to see. :)

I see this thread has come full circle. Yes! Meh! PANIC!!! Meh! Yes! Meh! If you say Meh one more time I'll cut you! Release.

Nice post, I'm actually not bothered by the gaps either way because I won't be getting a 17, I simply pointed out that the people that had complaints were justified. I'm glad you pointed the pics out, apparently many of us hadn't seen those pics and were still worried, it does indeed look MUCH better, now they know and can have suspicions laid to rest. I'm also glad to see you clearly didn't get your panties in a bunch and find another reason to attempt to publicly flame someone :)

are you kidding? You called people who were pointing out the flaws in the "gap" theory "a$$hole lickers" and now you want to play the poor, defenseless card? Grow the frakk up.

are you kidding? You called people who were pointing out the flaws in the "gap" theory "a$$hole lickers" and now you want to play the poor, defenseless card? Grow the frakk up.

Lol what are you talking about?

Anyway, Graham has me excited for what the next VF could be, if I remember right I thought the poll we had a while back showed the VF-4 was near the top if not the top choice.

Looking forward to seeing reviews of this first before taking the plunge.

It IS expensive. But yamato are the only ones doing it at this scale so we have no choice.

Maybe in future they'll do some v2 and somehow get the perfect vf-17 with perfect gunpod gimmick. Just be happy it is not another vf-1.

I wonder if bandai is considering doing 1/60 vf-171?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

LOL, I was kind of expecting Kawamori to give Yamato the go ahead to retcon the VF-17 gun into a big pistol. I kinda think that's how Yamato should have gone though. They should have made one very small gun that fit in one leg and featured some fold out mechanism and then they should have given us one much bigger gun that looked like the gun does in the show when the battroid is holding it. They did that for the VF-19Kai's shield, seems like a better solution here.

Oh, we'll definitely get a VF-17D and VF-17S Millia and FAST Packs for the VF-17 and of of course a VF-19F and VF-19P. And somewhere in the release schedule there will be the very exciting next VF announcement.

Graham

15.gif

I am happy to hear about the Millia 17S, though I am not surprised.

I'd wager on an upcoming VF-4! Don't miss the 2012 mark, Yamato!

LOL, I was kind of expecting Kawamori to give Yamato the go ahead to retcon the VF-17 gun into a big pistol. I kinda think that's how Yamato should have gone though. They should have made one very small gun that fit in one leg and featured some fold out mechanism and then they should have given us one much bigger gun that looked like the gun does in the show when the battroid is holding it. They did that for the VF-19Kai's shield, seems like a better solution here.

I wonder if they had made the stock out of steel, if they could have made it thin enough for it to fold back around and over the barrel like it is in the anime and get it to fit in the leg?

Oh, we'll definitely get a VF-17D and VF-17S Millia and FAST Packs for the VF-17 and of of course a VF-19F and VF-19P. And somewhere in the release schedule there will be the very exciting next VF announcement.

Graham

Happy new avatar, Graham! :D

Lol what are you talking about?

Anyway, Graham has me excited for what the next VF could be, if I remember right I thought the poll we had a while back showed the VF-4 was near the top if not the top choice.

Seriously?

So people can't voice differing opinions on this thing? Everyone seems to jump on anyone who says anything negative about this thing, but c'mon, it's not like we have to lick Yamato's a-hole every time they, put a toy out. This thing is expensive and if it isn't perfect or can be criticized in any way then by god we can and should complain about it, geez.

So here we are again. You chime in on a thread, just to troll, call people names and spew your normal garbage, get called on it and then whine about how mean I am to you.

Graham

Great news, really need to save up this year though.

Seriously?

So here we are again. You chime in on a thread, just to troll, call people names and spew your normal garbage, get called on it and then whine about how mean I am to you.

Wow it's that important for you to "win" isn't it? You're taking so many of things out of context it's unbelievable. Just relax guy, you won, it's over, you're right and I have no idea what I'm talking about, you are truly superior, whatever your view is is correct. Can we move on or do you want to reply to another comment made nearly a day ago about a discussion you clearly didn't understand.

Can't wait for the ship date. I hope the ankles on this one are more kind to me then on my 19S.

In other news, while next year is 2012, I highly doubt they're going to make a VF-4. Yamato is on a M7 kick and they've already hinted at a possible MAXL. I'm willing to bet that's a lot more likely. If they made me eat my own shoe and prove me wrong I'd be truely happy but until I see the announcement I'm going to be more realistic and go with another mac 7 mold announcement.

Can't wait for the ship date. I hope the ankles on this one are more kind to me then on my 19S.

In other news, while next year is 2012, I highly doubt they're going to make a VF-4. Yamato is on a M7 kick and they've already hinted at a possible MAXL. I'm willing to bet that's a lot more likely. If they made me eat my own shoe and prove me wrong I'd be truely happy but until I see the announcement I'm going to be more realistic and go with another mac 7 mold announcement.

You're right that Yamato is on a M7 phase, but there's a chance they are working right now on a VF-4.

The 1/60 SV-51 went straight to the hobby magazines with multiple prototype shots. No CAD images and no official announcement before that!

The VF-4 could be a great surprise for the 2012 anniversary.

I'm hoping the VF-17S's gunpod has the 7-barrel muzzle detail. The lack of muzzle detail on the gunpod was the only thing that disappointed me with the VF-19S.

Graham

Well the VF-19's gun pod never had any muzzle detail in the lineart or the animation so I can't blame them for not including any.

You're right that Yamato is on a M7 phase, but there's a chance they are working right now on a VF-4.

The 1/60 SV-51 went straight to the hobby magazines with multiple prototype shots. No CAD images and no official announcement before that!

The VF-4 could be a great surprise for the 2012 anniversary.

I'm just saying I'm not holding out hope. FB2012 wasn't even a full show, to say nothing of it being popular. It seems like a long shot Yamato would even bother with it. We would be happy to have it but I doubt they would be happy losing money on it.

:o Amazing photos of an amazing valk! The head looks great, and somewhat evil-looking. The proportions and poses are perfect. I am so going to set my VF-17 to that running pose. ^^ If this is released before January, the VF-19S may have some strong competition for the title of "valk of the year" for me.

Simply awesome. Release the Nightmare already, Yamato! :lol: