Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

Ah, that would make sense. But is there a reason for the awkward leg positioning (sans forward knee bend)?

All I have to say is 1:05 - 1:08 I see forward a forward leg bend......

I have no doubt that Yamato will incorporate a proper leg bend.

Pause it, rewind it a hundred times if you have to, but it's there.

Edited by Loop

I'd probably lean on the VF-17D over the VF-17S, but think I'd like a complete Diamond Force, so two VF-17D and one VF-17S

^ ugh I hope so, I've been waiting for the VF-171 EX for too long''

I just really hope they get that leg joint figured out for gerwalk mode because that whole falling forward look just makes it seem like it belongs in the special olympics for valks

I just really hope they get that leg joint figured out for gerwalk mode because that whole falling forward look just makes it seem like it belongs in the special olympics for valks

Are you referring to the Macross-F DX VF-25's Gerwalk mode?

Edited by Loop

Well seeing as how the last thing to show was a CAD design, unless it is more CAD designs I don't see why they would have anything to show just yet. They are still working on it.

Anybody want to hack or steal my phone, then u can see full CADs as well as rapid prototype pics......LOL.

Graham

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaahhhhhhh! Hack IT NOW!

(Soooo, when can we expect to see hem? When is the next toy show room?)

Anybody want to hack or steal my phone, then u can see full CADs as well as rapid prototype pics......LOL.

Graham

Can you at least confirm it's well proportioned and absolutely beautiful!!!

So no tiny feet or tiny hands for bot mode then? (I'm not skeptical about the feet but what of the hands?)

1/48 vf-1 all about fighter mode. Clown hands were provided but were not perfect transformable ie did not fit into the sleeve) extra big hands had to be used for gbp.

1/60 vers2 hands are more normal. Robo mode is fine.

1/60 vf-11 everything looks fine in bot mode.

1/60 yf-19 people now want fat legs after seeing vf-19

1/60 vf-22/yf-21 shrunken feet and the lower legs lack calf muscles like in the lineart.

1/60 vf-19 short and stout and good bot mode.

I'm thinking the hands need to be beefy just because it is a fat robot. But you never know with yamato. They gave 1/48 a big chest, and skeleton fingers. It's time these robots ate a few burgers now that people are sick of skinny look. (I'm not against skinny robot look since I believe fighter mode is the main one though. If they are 3d cg objects they should be skinny in bot mode. 2d drawings in bot mode which are fattened up = not the true real world proportion imo. valks should be all about a skinny guy lightweight armour and dodging unless they have add-ons like gbp)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'm not worried for the VF-17. After releasing the VF-19 Firevalkyrie Yamato has made it clear that they have some of the best toy engineers out there.

Preparing to be amazed again :)

there you have it [\threadclosed] lol

I'm sure you'll get it soon. Yamato is pumping out this stuff at a breakneck speed. I haven't even gotten my VF-22 M&M yet! I can't believe the Firevalk is out. Seems like last month when they posted the autocad of it.

S, thought I'd mentioned earlier in the thread.

Graham

You did hint at it, but nothing definite from what I recall. Anyways, I'm glad that they decided to release the S first, as Gamlin really did see some awesome action in it.

I can't believe the Firevalk is out. Seems like last month when they posted the autocad of it.

Tell me about it! Looking at it now, I can't belive it has already been more than a year since it was announced.

Edited by Actar

The VF-19 was so good, I might prepare to buy all four of these when they get released.

Like EXO, was very late to the party ever since the V2 VF-1s toys were so good since then from Yamato. Hope plenty of re-releases get sent our way for all of them.

Who would have though such justice would have been done for the Macross 7 line by Yamato?

Edited by kensei

They are aiming for end of the year, but it will still likely end up being in Q1 2012.

No reaction missile bays confirmed. I was told that if they had sacrificed the rear landing gear, they may have been able to fit the bays, but there is just not enough room in 1/60 scale to fit everything.

Graham

They are aiming for end of the year, but it will still likely end up being in Q1 2012.

No reaction missile bays confirmed. I was told that if they had sacrificed the rear landing gear, they may have been able to fit the bays, but there is just not enough room in 1/60 scale to fit everything.

Will they consider a partsformer? IOW, "standard" mode is perfect transformation without the room, but we could swap out the leg panels or whatever and sacrifice the landing gear with the appropriate parts to have the bays? Kinda like the VF-1 detail version or the DYRL with the destroyed guns.