Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

I brought this up in another thread but I'll re-state it here. It's odd that with Yamato supposedly holding off on M7 releases until later in the year (because of the supposed Blue Ray release we suppose) that we're seeing plenty of 17D and Fast Pack pics now but seeing or hearing nothing of the 19F or P.

Close-ups (from BAT)

6863636009_814b6eaccf_o.jpg

[...]

I don't think we should worry for the colors since it looks like a final prototype, look, the canopy was taken off to allow a better transformation.

I think she still needs adjustements, so the colors should be ok at the end.

Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see when it's released.

I don't think we should worry for the colors since it looks like a final prototype, look, the canopy was taken off to allow a better transformation.

I think she still needs adjustements, so the colors should be ok at the end.

Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see when it's released.

What are you talking about? Nothing is removed from that thing at all. The canopy folds up beneath the chest plate. Other than a new head sculpt and some different colored paint this thing is complete.

What are you talking about? Nothing is removed from that thing at all. The canopy folds up beneath the chest plate. Other than a new head sculpt and some different colored paint this thing is complete.

I just worked on close-ups so I'm sure I can be understood since I'm not that fluent in English but look at the two pictures:

canopyt.jpgmissingcanopy.jpg

That seems odd enough to presume the canopy was removed and therefore that it's not the final release but a very advanced prototype. Maybe I'm wrong but even if the canopy goes under the chess plate, we should see a bit of it, shouldn't we? :huh:

Edit: My bad otherwise.

Edit 2: or does the cockpit rotates 180° between the chestplate and the fuselage section? (I'm feeling stupid, I'm not familiar with that mecha)

Edited by Loute

My bad then -_- , I just understood how it transforms (thanx anyway ;) ).

I think I shouldn't interfere when the adults talk. It's already late here, I'm off to sleep, I'll ben in for better interventions tomorrow ^_^. D'night all

The head is only one aspect of the toy. If people are sitting out on a 17 because of the head sculpts, they are truly missing out. As far as build and swooshability, the 17 kicks major ass over almost every other valk except perhaps the quality of build / design of the 19. Lots of weight to it... solid, tight... Seriously underrated valk.

Edited by pud333

I agree. With those strips and red dot it looks like a clown or a cup-cake. :lol:

lmfao... i totally forgot about the red dot. why ooooh why can they just do a more conservative head instead??

The head is only one aspect of the toy. If people are sitting out on a 17 because of the head sculpts, they are truly missing out. As far as build and swooshability, the 17 kicks major ass over almost every other valk except perhaps the quality of build / design of the 19. Lots of weight to it... solid, tight... Seriously underrated valk.

true... but the head alone is enough to discourgae me from dropping a near $400- Edited by Agent-GHQ

true... but the head alone is enough to discourgae me from dropping a near $400-

Fair enough. I thought the same thing, but I bought one cause I was itching for a new valk, and now it's in my top 5 valkyries of all time. I'm sure they'll go on sale soon, though.

I will not take anything away from the actual toy on qaulity. Only read endless praise for it.

However I not only collect valks from Macross, and I don't have access to Bill Gate's vault. So I'm very selective in purchases which must convince me 100% in both qaulity and visual appeal!

Yes, the VF-17 is without a doubt the new benchmark of Valks. But I'll rather hold out for something else that I really, really like.

As well, I don't like Macross 7, couldn't get past the first 10 or so episodes on a couple of attempts.

With that said if the first VF-17 was going for 150$, I would probably purchase it. But I stay in South Africa, so with customs and shipping, 500$ for a plastic toy is way too much. It's basically the yearly toy budget of most people on this forum.

Edited by Omegablue

I definitely want the Macross 7 Valks despite the fact that Macross 7 is at the bottom of the list of my favorite Macross series/movies. I seriously tried watching it very recently and could not get past episode 2. This was probably my third or fourth attempt trying to watch it and is the furthest I have ever gotten. As a Macross fan, I gotta get through it some time but it's so difficult. Just something about it totally turns me off. It really does feel like a chore to watch. I'll try again one day and get through it. It's supposed to get a lot better but just getting over that initial hump is killing me.

Anyhow, I'm looking at the VF-19S as my first purchase followed by the VF-17S. I'll save Basara for after I've exhausted all other things Valk from Yamato or Bandai. I only hope the VF-17S will be re-released with the fast packs.

Edited by xrentonx

I'm getting really tired of seeing that picture. It was funny maybe once or twice.

I guess some people don't appreciate my humour that is delicately laced with sarcasm. Oh well.

Anyways - D sculpt looks so awesome - look forward to the (inevitable?) teal scheme.

I dunno, count me in with the folks unimpressed with the head. There is something about it that seems really off, I don't know what. I think the visor may be too narrow, for one thing. Also the stripes are clearly not blue, but that may be due to lighting.

I guess some people don't appreciate my humour that is delicately laced with sarcasm. Oh well.

Like I said, it's just old.

Anyways - D sculpt looks so awesome - look forward to the (inevitable?) teal scheme.

Yeah, I think that might be cool. A lot of the details on this toy are lost on the dull colour/finish (through no fault of its own, of course).