Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

I'd so grab a VA-3, finances willing. Still underemployed, tho, so I haven't been able to even consider ordering the VF-19Kai yet, let alone hope for newer, more awesome releases.

That said, as much as I really, really, really want the VF-17, I'm going to be very patient over pics and a release date. Hopefully before the summer is out I'll be back in good shape.

Hope it will come with FAST packs and also a cool gimmick to switch out magazines and laser with the main gunpod.

I would also like a Spiritia Absorbing Gun!

It would be cool to see the gunpod shoot out...like with spring activation...like how it jets out of the leg in the show.

i'd like the gunpod to fit in to the leg compartment but i think a spring loaded mechanism thing would be pretty crap.

Yamato has been putting features in gunpods for a while now, with most of them having removable magazines, etc. So I think it would not be out of the realm of possibility to have the gunpod open to install that beam add-on thing. Looking forward to it. B))

EDIT -- I don't see the spring-action gimmick happening, though.

Edited by Renato

I like the idea of just having a panel open up so you can stow the gun to make it look like it just opened up. I just don't think it's a top priority though, as I would prefer better proportions than a gimmick.

I think they would have to sacrifice line art accuracy to pull off the spring loaded thing, so I actually don't need to push a button and have the gun pod flying up randomly landing somewhere in my room.

I also feel that that may be an added point of failure if the spring gets jammed up. But, if Yamato can pull it off.... good for them.

Edited by Loop

Maybe this is a stupid question (it probably is) but does the GERWALK mode of the vf-17 have arms? I have not seen macross 7, and all the pics I look at make it seem like the standard GERWALK configuration of the vf-17 lacks arms.....

Maybe this is a stupid question (it probably is) but does the GERWALK mode of the vf-17 have arms? I have not seen macross 7, and all the pics I look at make it seem like the standard GERWALK configuration of the vf-17 lacks arms.....

As far as I can remember it only ever kept the arms folded up with the elbow guns pointed forward like this:

vf-17d-gerwalk-lineart.gif

that said, I'm sure there's enough clearance and what not to unfold the arms into a normal configuration for GERWALK if you want to.

Yeah, in the show the 17 has a very odd Gerwalk. Not only do the arms not come down, but also the legs do not seem to bend forward.

Later iterations of the 17 seen in the PS1 video games, etc. all showed a more traditional, arms-out, legs-forward Gerwalk mode, though.

Note that the 171 has a normal Gerwalk mode.

The Bandai 1/65 VF-17 could do the "normal" Gerwalk so I hope the Yamato can do the non-canon for the 17 Gerwalk. I hope even more the price will be below $150 USD.

Quite unlikely we'll see such a low price point. Most likely similar to the Kai if more gimmicks like the opening chest and leg are incorporated.

I guess the price also depends on the market at that time. If the economy is supposedly getting better, this may not cost as much as the Kai did. Always many factors involved.

But we have enough time to start saving!!!

And I need time because I'll buy multiples ;)

Can afford the new 19 so I will be priced out of the 17, also. The only thing I may be able to get is Alter's 1/100 FRX-99 only because it is non-macross. Since I am unwilling to part with my old stuff there can be no new purchases even if I had the money.

Yeah, in the show the 17 has a very odd Gerwalk. Not only do the arms not come down, but also the legs do not seem to bend forward.

Later iterations of the 17 seen in the PS1 video games, etc. all showed a more traditional, arms-out, legs-forward Gerwalk mode, though.

Note that the 171 has a normal Gerwalk mode.

Note to Yamato: ball joints like on the Fire Valk won't work on the VF-17 this badboy needs hard clicking ratchets!

URGENT

Not at work now, so could somebody help me to find and post either a screen cap from the anime or line art of the following: -

1) VF-17 in fighter mode firing the gunpod. IIRC, there are many scenes in the anime showing a frnt view of the fighter with the muzzle flash coming from the port in the right leg.

2) Screen cap from the anime of the beam gun adaptor ejecting from the right leg and then also on the gunpod.

Large pics please.

Graham

Finally, one more request, a screen capture from ep 43 (IIRC) showing the reaction missiles being loaded into the VF-17. Need a clear pic showing the reaction missile bay doors open on the VF-17.

Graham

No probs. Is it just me or is it coming out of the left leg in battroid, but the right leg in fighter?

The gunpod is stored in the right leg and fires out of the right leg in fighter mode and ejects out of the right leg in battroid mode.

The orange colour beam gun adaptor, which replaces the standard magazine is stored in the left leg and ejects out of the left leg when needed.

Graham

MW contributing to the accuracy of the design and gimmicks of the VF-17... good times! :)

Hells yeah...we need a sheet of forum decal. MWF livery GO! It would be nice to have our forum handles printed as pilot callsign decals. :)

Hells yeah...we need a sheet of forum decal. MWF livery GO! It would be nice to have our forum handles printed as pilot callsign decals. :)

Here is my contribution special Macross World Forum's Badge for decal sheet.

25ap7kl.jpg

Inspiration comes from:

macross_4582224494002_fxp.jpg

:lol: