Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

Now to finish Macross 7 and see if Gamlin used the D more than S...and which one he was more bad ass in.

If I recall, he did use the D more, but kicked more ass in the S.

yes, i could confirm Kelsain's claim on it. used the D more but kicked ass with the S. also it was more dramatic with the S.

* When the baby comes, try to be the one to wake up in the middle of the night to change, feed, and/or soothe the kid.

Yeah, if I'm the only one working I'm sure as hell NOT getting up in the middle of the night to do all of that stuff.

For most of you, it's not a shocking fact but it's quite interesting for me

VF-17 has a similar length with VF-11B in fighter mode

VF-17: 15.63m

VF-11: 15.51m

sizechart-valkyries-detailed2000.jpg

Thanks to MMM

In battroid mode VF-17 is a bit taller than VF-19!

VF-17: 15.82m

VF-19: 15.48m

1305396869435.jpg

Edited by charger69

It stands out well amongst a group of VF-11 in robot mode.

It's got a huge gunpod. But a VF-11 wearing its armor beefs it up a bit more.

I probably won't get the red milia version of this. I much prefer the darker scheme.

One thing I like about the vf17 is how much more practical the chest looks. It just seems to look like it offers more protection than vf-1 and vf-11 but without the ugly uniboob effect you get from the vf-19.

I am not a fan of the boob sticking outwards too much. And the shoulders are not huge rectangles hanging off the sides of a skinny robot like the vf-19 valks. The robot itself is big so its shoulder don't look over-sized. (just goes back to the squarish vf-1 style of shoulder)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I think sping loaded gimmicks could work for vf-1 toys:

I want a spring-loaded cockpit for all the pilot to escape when he ejects the seat in battroid mode. (see the episode inSDFM when britai fights hikaru in hand to hand fight - hikaru tries to eject but britai pwns him by catching him before he can leave heh )

Yamato can probably do that for version 3 vf-1. Lol Maybe that's why we are getting the britai doll?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Glad you guys are getting your long awaited VF-17, but for the life of me I can't see the appeal of it....it's an ugly little F@#*er!!

Chris

Heh, I didn't like it at first but it has grown on me over the years. It's a good counterbalance to the ballerina mech that is the messiah.

I agree with Dobber a bit on the VF-17, its the Chunky-ugly of them all. However that fact its based the F-117 (one of my favorites) & Yamato is making it, plus Graham is already giving the new VF-19 pretty much a 5 Star QC, design, diecast rating, I will be very impressed to see what Yamato comes up with. I have a feeling when the pictures start to come out we'll be filled with Balls out excitement and our wallets screaming at us again!! :D

I agree with Dobber a bit on the VF-17, its the Chunky-ugly of them all. However that fact its based the F-117 (one of my favorites) & Yamato is making it, plus Graham is already giving the new VF-19 pretty much a 5 Star QC, design, diecast rating, I will be very impressed to see what Yamato comes up with. I have a feeling when the pictures start to come out we'll be filled with Balls out excitement and our wallets screaming at us again!! :D

This. :lol:

For most of you, it's not a shocking fact but it's quite interesting for me

VF-17 has a similar length with VF-11B in fighter mode

VF-17: 15.63m

VF-11: 15.51m

sizechart-valkyries-detailed2000.jpg

Thanks to MMM

Seeing that pic makes me want a huge honkin' 1/60 VA-3M from VF-X2. :lol:

I prefer the VF-17's battroid mode, so I hope Yamato doesn't make too many compromises to its bulk to make it fit within the canon fighter specifications. Hard to imagine squeezing that intimidating form into a tiny triangle.

actually, i'm surprised the VA-3 is that small. all along i imagined it to be closer to the VB-6

The VA-3 was inspired by the A-6 Intruder, which is hardly a record breaker in terms of size. It's shorter than an F-18 for example, although it has a larger wingspan.

So, what you are trying to say is that liking the VF-17 is like being a chubby chaser :lol: JK.

But for me is like the complete opposite to the VF-19, I love the 19 family but I barely like Basara, no hate, but no love.

As in the case of the VF-17 although Im not much of a "chubby chacer" ;) I rely like Gamlin as a character, he is my fav M7 character so to speak.

So, what you are trying to say is that liking the VF-17 is like being a chubby chaser :lol: JK.

But for me is like the complete opposite to the VF-19, I love the 19 family but I barely like Basara, no hate, but no love.

As in the case of the VF-17 although Im not much of a "chubby chacer" ;) I rely like Gamlin as a character, he is my fav M7 character so to speak.

Lol that gave me a chuckle. It's just that the VF-17's B mode is the most tank like amongst all the valks and has that military practicality look to it. Gamlin's also my fav character in M7. :)

The one aspect that really concerns me with the VF-17 is getting the side profile sleek. All the side views I've ever seen have the upper legs impossibly slim. In fact, I think the VF-171 actually beefed up the nose significantly in order to make the leg structure a little more plausible.

That's of course ignoring that the VF-171 is (after looking closer at screenshots) apparently not a physically possible model. As cool and plausible as it looks, I think there's a lot of pieces of that plane that are physically taking up the same space in fighter mode. I hope I'm wrong about that, but it would help to explain why we haven't seen Bandai even try to make one yet.

The one aspect that really concerns me with the VF-17 is getting the side profile sleek. All the side views I've ever seen have the upper legs impossibly slim. In fact, I think the VF-171 actually beefed up the nose significantly in order to make the leg structure a little more plausible.

That's of course ignoring that the VF-171 is (after looking closer at screenshots) apparently not a physically possible model. As cool and plausible as it looks, I think there's a lot of pieces of that plane that are physically taking up the same space in fighter mode. I hope I'm wrong about that, but it would help to explain why we haven't seen Bandai even try to make one yet.

I dont think Bandai would let a little detail like accurate proportions or a quality final product get in the way of them making a toy - its probably just that they cant be arsed making it

Honestly I think the side view of the VF-17 is just plain not drawn correctly. Every other view is drawn with proportionate legs. All the Valkyrie side views just suck in general.

That's of course ignoring that the VF-171 is (after looking closer at screenshots) apparently not a physically possible model.

This guy did it.

Good to know then. :) I keep forgetting about those little masterpieces.

I'm trying to remember exactly what the merged parts in the anime were, but I think it had something to do with the way the wing mechanism was set up, and where the lower legs fit. Could be the CG model was just built a little sloppy though.

Actually, now that I look again, a thin profile might be possible. For some reason I kept thinking that the upper aux intakes next to the cockpit became part of the chest in battroid, meaning the lower intakes were too small to make up the hip joint. But both intakes are one big piece that makes up the hip, meaning there's more room under the chest plate for the leg than I first thought.

All the Valkyrie side views just suck in general.

Tell me about it. I'm trying to redraw them all to include more detail and be at least a little closer to the anime. VF-5000 is just plain awful, for instance. :mellow:

Edited by Talos

Tell me about it. I'm trying to redraw them all to include more detail and be at least a little closer to the anime. VF-5000 is just plain awful, for instance. :mellow:

Eh I kinda like the YF-21 side profile, although the forwards fuselage reminds me of a Star Trek ship saucer lol. :lol:

If this sells well, I hope Bandai will finally consider making the VF-171. I like the VF-17 enough to get one, but I like the 171 design a whole lot more.

Going by the CAD pic, it looks like they are going with the S version first. A shame since I like the D head and blue stripes more.