Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

I hope they don't forget to make it Fold Booster capable.

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macross7/vf-17d-foldbooster.htm

They won't...but it will be a proprietary version that doesn't work with your other valks. Check this out vf-17d-foldbooster-lineart.gif

Only one attachment point, which means the booster you have won't end up working. Maybe they will package it with the radome and super parts.

EDIT: Comparing the fold booster to the "Plus" ones on mecha manual, it seems there are some subtle shape differences that would necessitate a new mold anyway...you win this time Yamato...

Edited by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX

Of course, I wouldn't mind a teal version too. . . but with an elongated cockpit, a more slender-looking battroid, and a "1" and an "EX" after the "VF-17." ;)

Thanks for the CAD pic and update, charger69!

I too prefer the color-scheme on the 17D in anime52k8's post. If we wind up with the 17S and its yellow-striped scheme though, I'm sure I can bust out some light blue paint and get exactly what I want. :)

I like the fighter mode of the 171 more too but I don't like how the nose cone needs to fold in battroid mode.

Looking good!!!

Surprisingly enough, Yamato’s CAD drawing has EXACTLY the same shape than the line art.

Just two differences though: the lower legs seem to be thicker in the CAD drawing, which makes me think the battroid mode might be on the chunky side. The other difference is the CAD drawing is much better looking!!! :lol:

post-12283-0-07295700-1305269837_thumb.jpg

Will it have a compartment in the leg to stow away the gunpod and then another compartment in the other leg for the laser attachment ? – that’s what I wanna know

That may the hardest thing to achieve on the VF-17 - the lower leg will need to store a folding gunpod on one side and landing gear on the other, but thin enough to keep the fighter mode from getting too thick. If they can, I would still expect it include a second, bigger "anime-proportion" gunpod, like the VF-19 Kai will include two guns.

Haha, probably I locked it by accident on my touch screen Android phone and didn't even notice........whoops!

Graham

I believe in coincidences too :D

Looking for more info about this beautiful nigthmare though!

Haha, probably I locked it by accident on my touch screen Android phone and didn't even notice........whoops!

Graham

:lol:

Welcome back Graham. :)

Graham

I thought it was top secret so we are not allowed to discuss it. :rolleyes: We might have known already too much.

I watch over my shoulders from time to time these few days.

welcome back graham! I was suprised too when this topic was suddenly locked...like maybe this info was not supposed to be released to the general masses.

I'm looking forward to pics of the prototypes. If the VF-19 Kai gives indication of Yamato's effort from now on, I am extremely optimistic...

yup.

title-change is needed.

just coz Milia's variant is an S...

:lol:

I'd also prefer an S first, but will still buy at least two of each.

Graham

I'd also prefer an S first, but will still buy at least two of each.

Graham

you might want to repeat that for those that didn't read it the second time... :p

Will buy 4 of each. If you got FAST Packs comin, then I will buy 7. This is one of my favourite mecha in the Mac7 universe.

Hope the USD is still low when it comes out.

If we are getting Gamlin's S, I guess I will be busting out the light blue paint on that yellow trim. ;)

YIPPEE SKIPPEE! Oh man, what if my wife gets pregnant before its release?

Just be the super-husband/super-dad beforehand:

* If the wife has a late-night craving for burgers and ice cream, just go out, buy the stuff, and bring it home without making a fuss.

* If she's tired and uncomfortable, help her make her fortress of pillows or offer to give her a foot massage.

* When the baby comes, try to be the one to wake up in the middle of the night to change, feed, and/or soothe the kid.

* Be the one to wash all those freakin' bottles and other baby feeding accessories (Yes, I'm looking at you, ya damn Doctor Brown bottles!).

Do all this stuff (and more) for the wife and kid, and she may not mind it too much if you give yourself a little "Nightmare" reward*.

* (Just remember she may pull the "I carried and delivered your child; where the hell is MY reward?!" card). :blink: