Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

Will it have a compartment in the leg to stow away the gunpod and then another compartment in the other leg for the laser attachment ? – that’s what I wanna know

I'm sure with the tech that they put into the VF-19 Kai, this will be on par with that, which is a good thing. The 17 was always that Valk that needed to be done, but never got the love. I'm surprised they waited this long, as they did he 11C before it, but, as we can see, it's in the works now. Great job, Yamato.

I'm sure with the tech that they put into the VF-19 Kai, this will be on par with that, which is a good thing. The 17 was always that Valk that needed to be done, but never got the love. I'm surprised they waited this long, as they did he 11C before it, but, as we can see, it's in the works now. Great job, Yamato.

The 11-C was an easy repaint though. It was a reuse of the Mac Plus version.

The 11-C was an easy repaint though. It was a reuse of the Mac Plus version.

True, but I wasn't so sure that it'd be a big seller with the 11B that came just before it, and the price jacking up. With the 17, I've heard the wants for this for long time. So, get this out, in the D and S version, do the Emerald Force 19, and I think that would be it for the Mac 7 line, unless they actually go all out and do Ray/Veffidas 17, and the MAX-L. I know that's pushing it, but I'm good for now.

Only image so far.

post-467-0-75207200-1305206732_thumb.jpg

Many thanks!

I don't normally see much in cad pics but seeing such a different looking valk fighter mode makes my spine tingle with joy.

Graham is currently beating down the doors at yamato to get his hands on this.

Graham did mention in the vf-19 thread that he got something that he can't share with us.. so maybe it's a prototype of this?

True, but I wasn't so sure that it'd be a big seller with the 11B that came just before it, and the price jacking up. With the 17, I've heard the wants for this for long time. So, get this out, in the D and S version, do the Emerald Force 19, and I think that would be it for the Mac 7 line, unless they actually go all out and do Ray/Veffidas 17, and the MAX-L. I know that's pushing it, but I'm good for now.

There’s another possible approach to the Macross7 line yet: Fz-109A Elgerzorene, Fz-109F Elgerzorene, Az-130A Panzerzorene, FBz-99G Saubergeran, etc. If the M7 show is so popular in Japan, who knows? That’d be fun.

Anyway, I’m very glad with the news. The cad drawing looks great –even though for some reason it’s lacking the feet :huh: . I do think Yamato will approach this design from the chunky battroid mode side just as they did with the VF-19KAI with good aesthetic results. For the same reason I think that those who hope that the time for a VF-171 is closer by simply milking this new VF-17 up will be disappointed: It’s not just the nose cone, the proportions are very different –the VF-171 being much slender- let aside the fact Yamato hasn’t got the licence yet.

As IMO the milking possibilities are a bit limited the price will surely be very high. To compensate Yamato should offer us lots of gimmicks they’ve got the tech for.

Thinking back to the stealth reveal they pulled off with the v.2 VF-1, it might be pretty far along already. I'm trying to remember how the sequence of events went, but I think the VF-1 was sprung on us in the middle of several other pretty large releases (I want to say around the same time as the SV-51 and YF-21 were close to being released?).

I probably wouldn't expect it for at least another year, but I also would imagine they will definitely want to capitalize on the surge of interest in Mac7 due to the Fire Valk.

On the other hand though.. the release of Emerald Force can't be far off, since all the hard work on the VF-19 is done. Replace the key parts, paint it blue, and it's done. Given the order of events in the series, I'd almost wonder if they want to sandwich the VF-17 in between the Fire Valk and Blazer releases. If they do that though, that would either mean the VF-17 is fairly close to done, or the Blazer is much farther off than we expected. :huh:

I do think that the way this teaser is presented is much less mysterious than the VF-19 one though, and could mean they're much closer to finishing than when they first revealed the Fire Valk. The first CAD we got for the Fire Valk was a partial planform, and random drawings of a few segments of the fuselage. This one's a nearly complete drawing (no feet yet), showing off the proportions really well.

Oh, and I'm putting my vote in for a red one now, hopefully with white stripes instead of yellow (I honestly don't recall which is canon). ^_^

Edited by Chronocidal

Sounds awesome. They might actually do this well.

Please don't be crap please don't be crap please don't be crap Please don't be crap please don't be crap please don't be crapPlease don't be crap please don't be crap please don't be crapPlease don't be crap please don't be crap please don't be crapPlease don't be crap please don't be crap please don't be crapPlease don't be crap please don't be crap please don't be crap

Graham did mention in the vf-19 thread that he got something that he can't share with us.. so maybe it's a prototype of this?

Actually, as he mentioned it in the VF-19 thread, I would’ve said he meant a sample toy of the Kai for a review not to be released until 05/19th.

Actually, as he mentioned it in the VF-19 thread, I would’ve said he meant a sample toy of the Kai for a review not to be released until 05/19th.

Well, he told us that he had an SDF-1 in hand and was reviewing it well before the release date so I don't see why he would need to be coy about the vf-19 now.

Besides, if yamato is keeping with their usual release schedule of two new molds per year then they would need to have at least mock ups of the 17 ready by now.

Now, hold on a second. Are we sure it's a VF-17D:

vf-17d-diamondforce-battroid_small.gif

and not a VF-17S:

vf-17s-battroid_small.gif

because all I can read from the poster is VF-17 Nightmare Diamond force type.

If it is a VF-17D than this is an easy pass, a VF-17S on the other hand is an instant buy.

Now, hold on a second. Are we sure it's a VF-17D:

vf-17d-diamondforce-battroid_small.gif

and not a VF-17S:

vf-17s-battroid_small.gif

because all I can read from the poster is VF-17 Nightmare Diamond force type.

If it is a VF-17D than this is an easy pass, a VF-17S on the other hand is an instant buy.

I'd rather have a D, I prefer the two turret head and the blue stripe to the yellow.

Well, he told us that he had an SDF-1 in hand and was reviewing it well before the release date so I don't see why he would need to be coy about the vf-19 now.

Besides, if yamato is keeping with their usual release schedule of two new molds per year then they would need to have at least mock ups of the 17 ready by now.

It well could be, but later on Graham also said:

Unfortunately, as the sample was late and I only received it yesterday, I'm not sure I will be able to get a review done in time, as I'm in hospital on Thursday for a few days for some minor surgery :(

Graham

I don’t know why he’d say so if it wasn’t about the VF-19.

Blah, black is so passé! I'll be holding out for the teal Dynamite version! ;)

Of course, I wouldn't mind a teal version too. . . but with an elongated cockpit, a more slender-looking battroid, and a "1" and an "EX" after the "VF-17." ;)

CAD image of VF-17D available at the first post!

Thanks for the CAD pic and update, charger69!

I too prefer the color-scheme on the 17D in anime52k8's post. If we wind up with the 17S and its yellow-striped scheme though, I'm sure I can bust out some light blue paint and get exactly what I want. :)