Macross Arcade top shooter?

peter

No idea if the emulator is compatible....but it costs you nothing to try....

Just go to the Google Play Store and download/install MAME4droid....

Once installed search for Macross ROMs in the internet.....download them and run them using the emulator.....to make thing easier store the ROMs in the MAME4droid's ROM folder...that way thee games are selectable from the emulator's main menu....

Game on! B))

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try after work tonight!

Seems to work well after messing around with it on my nexus 5 running android 5. No Bluetooth controller support for my Wii controller though (issue with anything higher than android 4.3 I believe).

I will waste sooooo much time now!

• 2 years later...

Last weekend I got a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and built a game system using RetroPie.  I was able to run the Macross and Macross II arcade games so far.  Haven't tested the Macross Pluss game yet.  When starting the Macross game there was a note that popped on screen indicating there is a known issue of no sound on the game.  I wasn't sure if there was actually a better ROM out there I should be looking for?  Is there?

The pop ups are there to tell you what bugs are there with the driver that is being used for that rom. Sometimes these issues are fixed in later versions of the emulator. Basically you have to live with it until it is fixed later on down the road if ever.

• 3 weeks later...

The Rpi and other mobile-device versions of MAME tend to be based on pretty ancient versions of the MAME core. There's pretty much zero chance that an emulator update will fix the lack of sound since the later MAME builds that do have sound in these games require much more processing power than Rpi or other SOCs can handle.