The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread

areaseven

Have you ever met Mick Foley? What a tool...he must like making little girls cry.. at an autograph signing I was at he would refuse to take pictures or talk to anyone who didn't have a penis. This includes 5 year old girls with Mick Foley/Mankind merchandise.. really bad when its brother & sister and Mick Foley would only talk to the little boy...

Mick Foley having the "Michael Jackson complex?" Okay, that's something I never knew.

Speaking of Al Snow, Ivory said he's a big comic book freak and is currently collecting Spider-Man.

And because I was at the autographed signing, I missed the SCSA special on UPN. What happened there other than interviews with Austin's ex-wives (and his daughters having English accents)?

Anyone catch the Stone Cold "truth" last night on UPN lol

I wonder what SCSA will do now since he's unempolyed....oh ya get ready for Wrestlemania 20 for his match vs Vince McMahon

I caught the SCSA special last night, it wasn't anything too special. But it's still great to see a little into the life of one of my favorite WWE wrestlers.

I hope his isn't sidelined forever....... :(

I thought stone cold was out of the wwe because of his neck injury and thats why they made that ploy.

also,

I'm assuming The Rock is gone to pursue his movie career.

and whatever happened to all those tough enough champs?

1. Basically, I think Austin just wants more time off. He'll be back.

2. The Rock is pretty much gone. BTW, did anyone here watch The Rundown? I've been told he did the Rock Bottom on this one.

3. Maven and Christopher Nowinsky are still on RAW as mid-carders. Nidia just had plastic surgery (hence the angle where Tajiri sprayed mist on her face). Linda Miles is probably training over at OVW while Jackie Gayda is on RAW as Rico's main squeeze. BTW, if you watched RAW a couple of weeks ago, Jackie did a nipple slip.

I don't know what WWE is doing with the most recent winners.

Have you ever met Mick Foley? What a tool...he must like making little girls cry.. at an autograph signing I was at he would refuse to take pictures or talk to anyone who didn't have a penis. This includes 5 year old girls with Mick Foley/Mankind merchandise.. really bad when its brother & sister and Mick Foley would only talk to the little boy...

Mick Foley having the "Michael Jackson complex?" Okay, that's something I never knew.

Speaking of Al Snow, Ivory said he's a big comic book freak and is currently collecting Spider-Man.

And because I was at the autographed signing, I missed the SCSA special on UPN. What happened there other than interviews with Austin's ex-wives (and his daughters having English accents)?

Ya I met Al Snow at Wizard World(Chicago's version of the San Diego comiccon) a year or so ago when Tough Enough 3 was just starting to film. He was doing a signing there. Very cool guy. Afterwards he went out & about with his wife and kids buying toys and comics. And he'd stop and take pictures or sign with anyone who asked.

Austin's kids live in England. One of his wives is English. He's been married 3 times. Under court order he can't talk much about happened with Debra...

He'll be back by Wrestlemania XX 20...

Austin's kids live in England. One of his wives is English.

She also happens to be the ex- of the late "Gentleman" Chris Adams. Basically, her relationship with Austin was the boiling point of the teacher-student rivalry between Adams and SCSA. In-ring, the rivalry didn't compare to Bruno Sammartino vs. Larry Zbyszko, but backstage, both men were bound to kill one another. Eventually, someone murdered Adams more than a year ago. I don't know if Austin attended his funeral.

Some ramblings concerning WrestleMania XX:

- You have read rumors of past WWF Superstars making a one-time-only return at next year's PPV extravaganza. Well, here's a new one: WWE wants to bring in former Intercontinental Champion Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat. In the WWE, he's credited as having the best singles match ever (vs. "Macho Man" Randy Savage at WrestleMania III in 1987). In the rest of the wrestling world, Steamboat had some of the best matches with the likes of Ric Flair and "Stunning" Steve Austin (before he became "Stone Cold"). He retired in 1994 due to a back injury. If Steamboat decided to come back, you might see him face Flair one more time.

- Following a successful interview on SmackDown! magazine, WWE is still negotiating with Randy Savage on returning to the company. He still wants his hands on Hogan, though.

- WrestleMania XX will once again have Undertaker facing Kane. The American Badass is dead and buried, but will Mark Calloway return as the Dead Man we've all known for the past decade?

In other news:

- WWE has released Dustin "Goldust" Runnels, due to his injury-prone state and the fact that the company no longer has any interest in him.

- The main event for Armageddon will be a triple-threat match between Goldberg, Triple-H and Kane for the World Championship. Also, RVD will defend the Intercontinental title against Randy Orton. (I hate it as much as you do, but expect RVD to drop the belt to Orton.) Shawn Michaels will square off against Batista. Expect Shawn to job, as the WWE wants Batista to remain undefeated in singles competition.

- The main event for Armageddon will be a triple-threat match between Goldberg, Triple-H and Kane for the World Championship.

Do you guys remember when wrestling used to at least pretend that there was some process for determining who the number one contender for the title was? Nowadays, it's just a given that HHH will automatically get title shot after title shot after title shot.

Look who I met earlier tonight at RVD's 5-Star Comics:

ivory03.jpg

And I tell you - she looks better in person (even at 42) and is one of the friendliest people around. Now to wait two weeks to meet Lita...

You should have convinced Ivory to buy you that $250 MPC at RVD's store! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Very cool A7!

Thanks.

Having met three WWE Superstars in a span of two weeks is a major achievement to me. Lita is very cool in person. She asked about our wrestling site (http://www.topwrestling.com/) and she was very interested in joining our radio show as a guest. It's just that WWE is very strict with letting their Superstars appear anywhere. I was surprised that she looked much better in person than on TV (must be the make-up, as my co-worker tells me nightmares about her during her ECW days as Miss Congeniality).

RVD didn't stay too long with the fans. He just dropped by to see how sales went in the store. He shook hands and gave high-fives to everyone, but in a way, you could tell he wasn't in a good mood (hey, wouldn't you be if you jobbed on RAW and had to drop the I-C title this Sunday?). Speaking of I-C title, he brought his belt in, all scratched up with one jewel missing on the front. You could see the name plate labeled "VAN DAM" on the front of the belt. Other than that, RVD's still a cool guy. I hope to see him again in the near future.

Is anybody getting "Armageddon?"

I will be watching it this Sunday. Full results will be posted shortly after the PPV.

BTW, Hacksaw Jim Duggan is a mess. No wonder he needs the cash so badly. Just like the time Demolition Ax was selling his WWF Tag Team belt for $10,000 (which probably includes a plane ticket for him to personally deliver it to you).

Hey A7, you re very lucky to meet all this people !! :)

this wwe thread is very cool , i watch raw on tv every thursday evening, it's in France and we have about one month in retard of the real program and i dont know if it's complete.

That sucks we see less and less fight and more stupid thing like stone cold who just drinks beer, chris jericho and his show ...

Is anybody getting "Armageddon?"

I will be watching it this Sunday. Full results will be posted shortly after the PPV.

BTW, Hacksaw Jim Duggan is a mess. No wonder he needs the cash so badly. Just like the time Demolition Ax was selling his WWF Tag Team belt for $10,000 (which probably includes a plane ticket for him to personally deliver it to you).

Didn't Hacksaw have a run in with cancer a few years back?

BTW, did you you get RVD squared away on how much an MPC should be sold for? ;)

BTW, did you get RVD squared away on how much an MPC should be sold for? ;)

Nah. He was too busy for me to tell him about that. Besides, he probably doesn't even know what an MPC is or why it's on display under all the wrestling belts.

I'd tell his wife, but she'd probably kick me out of the store. :p

This Sunday night, WWE will be hosting Armageddon, the franchise's last PPV of the year. Here's the official card, along with my predictions:

World Heavyweight Championship - Triple-Threat: Goldberg vs. Triple-H vs. Kane

Like anyone needs a crystal ball to predict this one. Who else is running the show?

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Rob Van Dam vs. Randy Orton

He jobbed last Monday on RAW. His contract's up by the end of the year. And he's one of several superstars who have backstage problems with Triple-H. Will RVD's career be decided this Sunday? No, this is not the angle being portrayed on TV, but you already know that RVD is not very happy with the way things are going. I hate to say this, but it looks like he'll drop the title, especially since WWE is seriously pushing Orton as the "Legend Killer." And we may not see RVD on WWE next year unless a miracle happens.

WWE Tag Team Championship

The Dudley Boyz defend their belts against Mark Jindrak & Garrison Cade, Val Venis & Lance Storm and Hurricane & Rosey in a Tag Team Turmoil. My bet's on either the Dudleyz or Val/Storm.

Batista vs. Shawn Michaels

Let's face it: Michaels is not the same wrestler as he was nearly a decade ago. Not to mention the fact that he has already jobbed to 3/4 of the Evolution. There's no way in hell that he'll win this one, especially with WWE pushing Batista's undefeated streak (he's only lost in tag team matches).

Booker T. vs. Mark Henry

Seriously, what did Booker T. do to deserve this match? I'd be dead-pissed if he jobbed to Mark Henry again.

Battle of the Sexes: Trish Stratus/Lita vs. Chris Jericho/Christian

Without a doubt, Y2J and Christian will win this one. And they won't need Matt Hardy ver. 1's help on this (even though he will play a key factor in this match).

Well, folks, there's just no way to get rid of Triple-H.

WWE Armageddon Results

Sunday Night Heat Opener

Rico beat some jobber John Heidenreich. Yes, the same poem-writing, commentator-raping Heidenreich we see on SmackDown! every week.

Booker T. def. Mark Henry with the scissors kick.

WWE Intercontinental Championship (Special Guest Referee: Mick Foley)

Randy Orton gave Rob Van Dam the RKO to become the new I-C Champion.

Battle of the Sexes

Chris Jericho and Christian def. Lita and Trish Stratus after Christian rolled Trish for the pin. Apparently, Y2J wasn't happy with the outcome, and it looks like he'll turn face by the end of the year.

Legend vs. Legend Killer II

Shawn Michaels def. Batista with a superkick.

The Maven vs. Matt Hardy ver.1 match was called off because Batista refused to leave the ring and powerbombed Maven.

Tag Team Turmoil

1. Hurricane & Rosey def. La Resistance with Hurricane doing a flying bodypress off Rosey.

2. Mark Jindrak & Garrison Cade def. Hurricane & Rosey with a rollup on Hurricane.

3. Jindrak & Cade def. Lance Storm & Val Venis by holding on Venis' leg out of the ring.

4. The Dudley Boyz destroyed Jindrak & Cade with the 3D.

5. Dudleyz def. Test & Scott Steiner with a Bubba Bomb on Test to retain the Tag Titles.

..but wait! Eric Bischoff entered the ring and said the match isn't over. He brought in the last tag team to face the Dudleyz - Batista & Ric Flair.

- Batista & Flair def. the Dudleyz with a powerbomb on D-Von to become the new Tag Team Champions.

WWE Women's Championship

Molly Holly reversed a rollup on Ivory to retain the title.

World Heavyweight Championship - Triple-Threat

Kane had choke-slammed Goldberg, but before he could pin him, Batista pulled him out of the ring and restrained him. As a result, Triple-H took the pin to regain the World Championship.

At the end of the PPV, the Evolution celebrated by showing all of their newly-won title belts.

Edited by areaseven

Ugh! I guess you didn't need a crystal ball to see those results, did you A7. So basically, all the the RAW talent jobbed for HHH and Evolution. <_<

I have absolutely no desire to watch RAW (aka the Triple-H variety hour) tomorrow night. Way to go, Vince McMahon. Your son-in-law has nearly killed your franchise.

First, some WWE Superstars go to Hollywood. Now the WWE itself is going to Hollywood. This in from The Hollywood Reporter:

WWE Films has acquired an untitled horror movie pitch from writer Dan Madigan with plans to develop it as a starring vehicle for one of the organization's most popular wrestlers. Specific details of the project are being kept under wraps, but it has been described as a very intense, very violent horror movie in which a great deal of the horror comes out of the film's unique setting. The lead character is a remorseless, relentless, vicious and sadistic monster cut from the same cloth as such horror franchise icons as Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees. The project is being produced by WWE Films' Joel Simon and Jed Blaugrund. There is no studio attached to the project yet, with WWE purchasing the pitch with its own money. It is unclear yet whether WWE will partner with a studio on the film or finance the project itself. Madigan is repped by ICM and Mason Novick of Benderspink. (Josh Spector)

A horror movie, huh? I wouldn't be surprised if the character is Stephanie McMahon without makeup.

Ugh! I guess you didn't need a crystal ball to see those results, did you A7. So basically, all the the RAW talent jobbed for HHH and Evolution. <_<

I have absolutely no desire to watch RAW (aka the Triple-H variety hour) tomorrow night. Way to go, Vince McMahon. Your son-in-law has nearly killed your franchise.

Die HHH Die.

Man that sucks, and they gave those bastards all the Belts!?

I'm so tired of those broke ass 4-horseman rip-off's.

Just when I decided that I would give the WWE a chance again. :rolleyes:

Spring 2004 - The Rock will grab a 2x4, shine it up real nice, turn that sonuvabitch sideways and stick it straight up...

Walking Tall

I saw the trailer for this at Last Samurai. It actually looked pretty good, to tell the truth. Definitely a throwback to the old days (it is a remake, after all). But I'd thought that there was talk of Dwayne dropping the "Rock" monicker, now that he's gone hollywood.

Die HHH Die.

Hey, isn't that usually my line? :p

But I agree, this Evolution crap is going to kill the WWE. Look at what happened to WCW when the NWO and/or the 4H took over. It just turned into a weekly ego-stroke for the baddies (who were running the show backstage) to come out and wank off on the mic for 2 hours. I know they had other problems, but that surely contributed to the decline in ratings.

The WWE has forgotten the cardinal rule for dealing with heels. Everybody loves a good badguy, and everybody loves a good feud, but sooner or later the heels need to get taken down. But with HHH, and by proxy his friends, running the show that'll never happen.

The WWE has forgotten the cardinal rule for dealing with heels. Everybody loves a good badguy, and everybody loves a good feud, but sooner or later the heels need to get taken down. But with HHH, and by proxy his friends, running the show that'll never happen.

Very true. The heel is supposed to get their come uppin's sooner or later.

But unlike the 4H or Ric Flair by himself, HHH isn't even a good heel. He just sucks all around. Can't wrestle, doesn't sell any moves and won't put anyone over. He's bad for the business.

So Jericho is turning face? What's the difference? lol as long as he doesn't go back to the wuss boy he was when he first started in WCW lol

And as long Hersey Squirt Helmsley is in charge he'll never get a chance at the top again. Same goes for RVD.

That PPV last night....there's a reason that I haven't seen a WWE PPV in two years...but I think I might splurge for Wrestlemania 20...hell I remember when there wasn't a Wrestlemania lol

But unlike the 4H or Ric Flair by himself, HHH isn't even a good heel. He just sucks all around. Can't wrestle, doesn't sell any moves and won't put anyone over. He's bad for the business.

I wonder if, by some bizarre twist of logic, Triple-H somehow believes himself to actually be a face. Maybe he thinks that by just being a "badass" (note my use of quotes) that he'll get over with the audience like the Stone Cold of yesteryear. After all, that was how Austin got over. He was actually a heel back then, and a particularly good one IMHO. But the more vile he acted, the more crowds loved him. So maybe, just mayyyyybe, HHH thinks he'll get the same rection just by being the Game-uhh.

Or, more likely he's just a raging egomaniac who's running RAW into the ground just to satiate his own....umm....ego. (I couldn't think of a better word)

I wonder if, by some bizarre twist of logic, Triple-H somehow believes himself to actually be a face. Maybe he thinks that by just being a "badass" (note my use of quotes) that he'll get over with the audience like the Stone Cold of yesteryear. After all, that was how Austin got over. He was actually a heel back then, and a particularly good one IMHO. But the more vile he acted, the more crowds loved him. So maybe, just mayyyyybe, HHH thinks he'll get the same rection just by being the Game-uhh.

Or, more likely he's just a raging egomaniac who's running RAW into the ground just to satiate his own....umm....ego. (I couldn't think of a better word)

Ya SCSA was a good heel and the audience ate it up then. Like when he broke into Brian Pillman's house etc..hilarious. Or when he beat up Santa Claus lol

HHH isn't worth booing or cheering anymore. A few years ago when he was a heel along with Chyna(after DX) he was tolerable but not now.

I wonder what RAW will be like tonight? Same matches(or very similar) that the PPV had?

At least MXC is on after lol

I wonder what RAW will be like tonight? Same matches(or very similar) that the PPV had?

All I know is that I'm going to wait for A7 to post the results. My already lowered interest in WWE took a serious nosedive after reading the results from Armageddon.

I'm going to find something else to do when RAW comes on.