Saw it two days ago with my wife and son.

Really enjoyed it. Definitely picking up the Blu-ray when it's out.

A worthy seqeul to gthe first two movies and far superior to T3 and Salvation.

The only thing I disliked was the bus flipping scene.

I saw it on Saturday with the spousal unit; it was two hours of entertainment, nothing more, nothing less. I liked the references to the old films, although I have to wonder: if they can make Arnold look like his younger self, why can't they do the same with the rest of the guys in the '84 scenes, esp the punks(Bill Paxton, esp) from whom the T-800 got his clothes. And hire an actor that at least looks somewhat like Michael Biehn. Sheesh. Do have to agree, no chemistry between the leads, but I liked old Arnold.

Upon reflection, I have to agree there was more tension from the constant chasing of the leads over the really big threat of Skynet's activation and subsequent human annihilation. It would have been a cool surprise if, after everything, Skynet actually won, and the whole things starts anew (only this time, Skynet is much better informed, and far more formidable) In the end, this was Terminator-Lite. :) And PG-13, too, with an actress known to doff garments for the sake of her craft. :rolleyes:B))

I saw it over a week ago. I enjoyed it for what it was worth and if the sequels happen I would see them as well. But with that said, it's kind of my opinion that the Terminator series, just like The Highlander series, should have not gone beyond the first film. Like other time travel movies, such as The Final Countdown, the movie is self contained and self full-filling; the attempts to go back in time to change history is what actually became the history that was supposed to have been changed. Terminator 2 was in many ways what the first movie should have been, but now James Cameron had the money, technology, and clout to make this a great film.

And since nobody has posted this anywhere else in this thread... :)

https://youtu.be/bBBw9E2Q_aY

Edited by Apollo Leader

I saw the film again with a co worker today and we both agreed this is far and above better than the third and fourth films and I still left fairly satisfied. Sadly though I wanted to see this with the girlfriend during my visit this weekend but looks like it'll be pulled from theaters after tomorrow.

I was able to catch this film last night. I have to be honest this was underated film and I really liked it. Sure it had its moments where you said "wait...what?" but that's pretty much par for the course for this series of films. Definately an improvement over the previous two crapfests.

I really hope it did well enough to get a sequel as there are a lot of questions this film builds up that are left unanswered.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally saw this the other day. Wow it was terrible. Dull and boring like the the poster above said. Arnie was the best thing but under utilized. The premise was promising but not executed well. The acting was terrible. The twist was stupid and damages the franchise going on. Honestly at this point who even cares. I really appreciate Terminator 3 a whole lot more now. Doesn't seem as bad now as it did when it first came out.

Finally saw this the other day. Wow it was terrible. Dull and boring like the the poster above said. Arnie was the best thing but under utilized. The premise was promising but not executed well. The acting was terrible. The twist was stupid and damages the franchise going on. Honestly at this point who even cares. I really appreciate Terminator 3 a whole lot more now. Doesn't seem as bad now as it did when it first came out.

Exxxxxactly....

It didn't make any sense to me.

I have to admit that it makes a great background soundtrack while I'm doing something that matters...

This was mentioned in one of the review videos posted a few pages ago, but I wonder if anyone here can answer this question:

If Sarah and Kyle travel from 1984 to 2017, how can John Connor exist?

Also, this just in.

Divergent timelines.

- Kyle Reese is in time flux while John Conner is being turned into a nano-cell Terminator. Because of this, he attains memories from two timelines. Assumedly, this Kyle Reese wasn't from the original timeline anyway, and was from a B / C / D route after the events of 2 or 3. We know this isn't the Salvation timelone since the meeting of Reese is different. In this timeline, Skynet rushed nano developement to blitz attack Conner.

Reese travels back in time along the new route created as he was leaving, not the one he was born on. At this point, conjecture based on inference makes me think that Terni-Conner & Skynet both see an importance in maintaining a certain extent of previous events, but wish to skew things a bit more favorably, so they:

- Send a T-800 back in time further to kill Sarah Conners parents, and raise her even tougher. (Note Pops with the RPG as he was walking to retrieve Sarah from the docks).

- Send a T-1000 to 1984 to raise the danger level / ensure Reese still meets Sarah & fathers an incarnation of John.

- Use Pops to ensure the original Skynet & Judgement day don't occur. Send Termi-Conner back to create a more dominating version of Skynet in 2017, and possubly break the cycle of Skynets fall.

You'll note that social media controlling Skynet wouldn't need to immrdiately missile strike to take over, skipped over T-600 & T-800 dev, and atarted along the path of liquid metal to likely move into nano machine dev. I think this time, Skynet planned to turn all of humanity into machines like Conner, but, we'll see if this storyline gets a follow up.

But basically, that's how John Conner can exist in a world he wasn't born into, and why Reese can remember both.

Edited by Keith

Divergent timelines.

- Kyle Reese is in time flux while John Conner is being turned into a nano-cell Terminator. Because of this, he attains memories from two timelines. Assumedly, this Kyle Reese wasn't from the original timeline ajyway, and was from a B / C / D route after the events of 2 or 3. We know this isn't the Salvation timelone since the meeting of Reese is different. Ib this timeline, Skynet rushed nan9 developement to blitz attack Conner.

Reese travels back in time along the new route created as he was leaving, not the one he was born on. At this point, conjecture based on inference makes me think that Terni-Conner & Skynet both see an importance in maintaining a certain extent of previous events, but wish to skew things a bit more favorably, so they:

- Send a T-800 back in time further to kill Sarah Conners parents, and raise her even tougher. (Note Pops with the RPG as he was walking to retrieve Sarah from the docks).

- Send a T-1000 to 1984 to raise the danger level / ensure Reese still meets Sarah & fathers an incarnation of John.

- Take use Pops to ensure the original Skynet & Judgement day don't occur. Send Termi-Conner back to create a more fominating version of Skynet in 2017, and possubly break the cycle of Skynets fall.

You'll note that social media controlling Skynet wouldn't need to immrdiately misdile strike to take over, skipped over T-600 & T-800 dev, and atarted along the path of liquid metal to likely move into nano machine dev. I think this time, Skynet planned to turn all of humanity into machines like Comner, but, we'll see if this storyline gets a follow up.

But basically, that's how John Conner can exist in a world he wasn't born into, and why Reese can remember both.

Holy crap that makes a lot of sense.

Skynet is known for its arrogance and its failure to understand how far humanity will go to survive. Dang.

• 2 weeks later...

Another bad Terminator movie. There are few directors that can compare to James Cameron. Everyone that attempts a Terminator movie are just collecting a paycheck and proving how far off they are. There are few good things about this movie. A few passable action scenes. An ok performance from Emilia Clarke once you understand she's basically like John Connor from T2 in that she's a young girl who was raised by a Terminator and not a human. But it's far from the level of Terminator 1 and 2.

I could go on and write a post like I did with Star Trek into Darkness. I'm tempted but I think I'll hold off and see what the next big sequel is like.

Just saw it, and it committed the cardinal sin for an action movie - it was boring. The 'romantic' bits were cringe worthy to boot.

Sad though, it had potential that just was not realized

Yup, I've seen better chemistry between two sticks than those two...

• 1 month later...

That's some what interesting to know that Cameron will get the property back in just a couple more years, at which in that point a 6th Terminator film will certainly not happen.

I think it's too early to say that. Who's to say that someone (Arnold) won't come to him with an idea on how to make a lot of money off of the franchise?

Personally, I think a Terminator movie directed by Cameron won't be happening at all, unless the Avatar sequels really tank.

Well the Avatar sequels are on indefinite hiatus so he might have some free time. I would gamble that the Terminator franchise is dead until at least 2020 at which point we might get a full-fledged reboot in the horror vain of the first film.

I think it's too early to say that. Who's to say that someone (Arnold) won't come to him with an idea on how to make a lot of money off of the franchise?

I think Arnold's days with Terminator are done. Considering his last few films have been mediocre box office at best he is in trouble of being sidelined for good. Hopefully King Conan will be a winner.

• 7 months later...

this is only slightly related, but I re-watched terminator 2 recently. gotta say it wasn't nearly as good as I remember it. John and sarah annoyed the crap out of me and the whole movie felt kind of slow. Also i feel like T2 has the weakest plot of all 5 films.

Edited by anime52k8

this is only slightly related, but I re-watched terminator 2 recently. gotta say it wasn't nearly as good as I remember it. John and sarah annoyed the crap out of me and the whole movie felt kind of slow. Also i feel like T2 has the weakest plot of all 5 films.

As I like to say... Terminator 2 has plot holes big enough to drive a truck through, but no one cares because they DO drive that truck through. And then the truck blows up. And then they do it again a half-hour later.

Pretty sad the TV series was actually far better than the recent films.

No, the only sad thing about The Sarah Conner Chronicles was that it didn't get a third season.

But yeah, Genisys isn't exactly a high point for the franchise. Not as bad as T3, though.