New 1/72 Macross release by Hasegawa

ahiachris

Hey David, in that link with the box art there are plan views and it looks like they use the Anime typ Stabs that you like instead of the "official" version. Maybe they will make the June release! :)

Chris

Just thought of something else.............

We also get to have some awesome VF-11 box art by Tenjin most likely!

Chris

I know. At LONG LAST Hasegawa moves on to the VF-11, but it is too late to include the Box Art in Tenjin's Valkyries Second book.

Argh. I always felt that this was something that was really missing from those books. Never mind, though, I'm sure Hasegawa will milk this mold for all it's worth and even more -- perhaps even enough to fill a third Tenjin book! B))

Time for heady anticipation to lead to random speculation! What can we expect or would we like for the mold milking possibilities? Macross 7 scheme is the most likely, past history being indicator of future performance. Only physical change from VF-11B to VF-11C would be the gun pod, IIRC. Fast Packs, naturally. Pink Peckers is "official", though eye-bleedingly garish. I personally liked the dark blue scheme that was shown in the instructions of Bandai's 1/144th VF-11C. I wouldn't imagine we'd see more than three or four extra releases over the years. Only the VF-1 seems to have inspired an endless stream of variations. VF-19 and VF-22 only saw a few.

Great news indeed :) I can't wait for possible variants even 1/48 version. Hopefully they'll get to the VF-17 too.

Looks like Tenjin has already got in the box-art:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10144485a/20/1

On sale at Hobby Search also:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10144485

w00t! Looks like the v-stabs are what DH was hoping for!

Edited by Kelsain

Pretty close to the triangular tails, yep, but it's almost like a hybrid of the two styles. Nearly vertical trailing edge like the canon, with what looks like a slighty more swept overall shape, and a more pronounced angle on the rear lower section of the tail.

I'm also interested to see how they shape the upper surfaces of the.. back plates I guess? The areas where the boosters attach. Yamato made them really sharply angled boxes, along with the backs of the lower legs, but the art shows them much more rounded off, like I think they were supposed to be. I think some concept art shows those big panels popping up into a dual airbrake as well, so I wonder if they'll include that feature.

I'll be very interested to see the production pics on this one, and barring any complications, I'm pre-ordering two. If any delays happen though, I'll have to cancel and reorder later, since my shipping address will change in late July. If things work out according to schedule though, and they get released in June, I should have no problems. :)

Good to know that Hasegawa finally decides to release the VF-11B fighter kit!

There was rumour years way back ago when the release of this kit was briefly mentioned in one of the japanese articles.

Hey David, in that link with the box art there are plan views and it looks like they use the Anime typ Stabs that you like instead of the "official" version. Maybe they will make the June release! :)

Chris

w00t! Looks like the v-stabs are what DH was hoping for!

I pointed them out at the top of this page, then Kelsain later. B))

The HLJ page has been updated with a few pics. Not sure if the profile views are new, but it's the first I've seen of them.

That's awesome news. Just last month I was very tempted to get a resin version off of eBay for $200. I didn't think Hasegawa would ever bring this out. They better bring out a VF-4 soon because I'm getting tempted to to buy a Retppu copy from Monsters in Motion, which could be an absolute disater.

Anyways, the question now is whether Hasegawa will ever bring out the FAST packs for this VF-11. They never brought out this for their YF-19 or YF-21.

The resin VF-11 on ebay comes with the FAST pack, so it's still kind of tempting.

Well considering how simple the VF-11's packs are, I wouldn't be too concerned. The legs don't have to move to attach them, so no conversion there, you just slap the pieces on over the sides.

If you wanted to make a set yourself, the pieces required would probably be on the relatively easy end of scratchbuilding. The leg plates might take a little work, but they're not very complex. The boosters though are mostly just big blocky constructs with nozzles. You could practically build them papercraft-style using sheet styrene.

LOL most of us here have one of those :)

At the rate I'm going now, I need a new basement to store all of these kits, or a second retirement to get enough time... :lol:

Indeed, it's 16 more yrs until my retirement... So few kits being built and yet still buying....

Yah man! I think this is more like a disease we all have... ^_^ I mean I started collecting WW2 model planes then car then battle ship then I discovered Gundam kits in mid-80 and that open a whole big ass door to the rest of the Anime model kits... However, I never got into toys though :unsure:

I'm only 27 and the modelkits start to pile up ...

LOL I just turned 40 and I still have unbuilt kits from when I was 21 and unfinished ones way before that... :lol: Like I said, this is a disease man ^_^'

Edited by guncross2

A few years after my Grandpa died, they had to redo the roof at his house. The roofers discovered that the attic was full to the rafters with old 1/35 car models that I'm sure he intended to get to someday. That had me wondering if there was a genetic component to this. Needless to say, my sweet yet stingy Grandma was less than pleased by the revelation... ^_^

A few years after my Grandpa died, they had to redo the roof at his house. The roofers discovered that the attic was full to the rafters with old 1/35 car models that I'm sure he intended to get to someday. That had me wondering if there was a genetic component to this. Needless to say, my sweet yet stingy Grandma was less than pleased by the revelation... ^_^

Well, my father and 2 of my brothers happen to pile up alot of modelkits and so on, so there probably is a genetic component to this habbit. Oh ya, I still got some kits around here from when I was 15.

Anyway, back to Topic, my fingers are tingling when thinking about the VF-11

And you call yourself a modeler... :p

The typical model builder is an obsessive compulsive, borderline hoarder, ADHD riddled dreamer whose imagination often outstrips his/her ability and available time. I should know... I have a pile of unbuilt kits going back years; and yet, every time some new kit, regardless of subject, catches my fancy I find my mind spinning with possibilities and I end up pulling the trigger on another purchase, until the next plastic siren comes along and the process starts all over again.

I'm sick man, I tell you... :ph34r:

And the 1/72 VF-11B is going to join my stash, of that I'm certain.

Edited by mechaninac

I don't allow myself to pile up more than 3 at a time. When i finish a build, I can add back to the pile of 3. That way I'm never TOO far behind! :lol:

Tried that last year, my wife gave me an ultimatum, for every kit I completed I could buy a new one... it work like a few weeks... I'm lucky she cant make any diff between them so I ... "ts always been there honey" lol I'm going to hell for this ^_^'

But yes, when is the VF-11 coming out again? ;)

My oh my she looks beautiful!! I wonder if there will be any alternate markings included or if it will just be a standard VF-11. Probably just the standard and then an eventual re-release with custom markings. So excited for this and I just about finished my Moon-Shooters VF-22s too.

Chris