New 1/72 Macross release by Hasegawa

ahiachris

Just saw in HobbyLink that Hasegawa is already planning for release of a 1/72 VF-11B in fighter mode this year. They are already accepting preorders. Too bad I just bought an original kit by Tanmen.... But it won't stop me from getting an injection kit :)

Anyways, below is the link to the announcement.

http://www.hlj.com/product/hsg65722

Maybe they saw how well the Yamatos sold. Nice to see them doing something new! Maybe someday they'll get to the vf 4 or 5000...

Don't mean to sound bitter or unappreciative, this is flipping sweet!

Edited by Kelsain

About freaking time. Remember when someone had posted the link to "Request Hasegawa's next kit" a while back? I'd like to think my vote made a little difference.

Here's to hoping that Hase can acquire the Macross Frontier license in the near future, as well.

YES. So glad to see they're continuing to develop their 1/72 kit line. I might have to preorder a few, though I'd love to see some pictures first.

My big question now though.. will Hasegawa use this to get a foot in the door for more Mac7 stuff? I mean, technically they already did with the VF-22 kits, so they obviously have (or at least had) the rights to do Mac7 stuff in 1/72. But I would LOVE to see some VF-19s in 1/72 done up Hasegawa style (especially if they tap the VF-19 Master File for schemes and variants), or even a 1/72 MAXL kit done up as a realistic aircraft.

Oh, and the thought of them expanding the line further into 1/48 has me drooling profusely.

Woohoo!!! I've been waiting for this for so long. This is a must build, hopefully be able to tear me away from my daughter for a few months ;-) So happy that they are continuing their 1/72 line too!

Just saw in HobbyLink that Hasegawa is already planning for release of a 1/72 VF-11B in fighter mode this year. They are already accepting preorders. Too bad I just bought an original kit by Tanmen.... But it won't stop me from getting an injection kit :)

Forgotten about the other VF-11 release by Repptu..... Anyways, already preordered two kits at HLJ

Word - I voted for the VF-11 too!! So I sure as hell put down an order for one... or two! :D Weeee!

Me three!!

Woohoo!!! I've been waiting for this for so long. This is a must build, hopefully be able to tear me away from my daughter for a few months ;-) So happy that they are continuing their 1/72 line too!

Me too!!! this is a grail kit for me I sooooo can't wait for this!!!

Chris

Couldn't help myself, just pre-ordered 2!! This has been a great day for me for kit announcments first was JT-Graphics Battlestar Pegasus kit and now this!! I freaking love days like this!!!!!

Chris

I knew you'd practically jump outta your chair. Now, which am I looking forward to more, owning it, or reading your build-up? Hmmm...

I know David would kill for a MAXL.

Yup. I still have an extra un-built 1/144, so that I can do a better job than the last one.

As for the standard VF-11: The thing is, the "official" side-view you see just doesn't match the animation. The VF-11 has big, triangular fins. But that one "official side-view drawing" every publication uses as a reference, doesn't match at all. If Hase bases the kit off that---it won't match Plus/7/VFX/etc.

Here, I made this a while ago---it's not right for SIZE but it is correct for SHAPE---the top is the original/official drawing, the bottom is my "tweak" to make it actually match what we see on-screen and in Kawamori's sketches:

post-16-0-71862700-1302717822_thumb.jpg

Considering it's marketed as a Macross Plus kit, I don't see what else they'd paint it as. But in all honesty, screw the Mac+ scheme, I want Ravens decals. And I'd love to see them milk this one like they have the VF-1 kits, especially if they start releasing more tribute scheme decals. I know I'd never have the guts to repaint a 1/60 in a VF-84 scheme, but I know the first VF-11 I build will be getting one of my spare sets of 1/72 F-14 decals. Though.. now that I think of it, a nice VF-111 sharkmouth might really go well on the VF-11's nose. :D

For the tails, yep, the triangular ones are much closer to what is seen in Mac+, and nigh identical to what Yamato put on theirs. Not that the bigger ones don't look a bit more pleasing aesthetically, but the triangular design does lend itself more to folding into the leg. Fortunately, regardless of how Hasegawa decides to do it, it's relatively very easy to make a set of tails if you want one style over the other.

As far as the MAXL goes, yes, the plane is pretty super robot-ish to begin with, but as long as we don't care about it transforming, you can tweak the design to make it into a fairly believeable aircraft (speaker bumps not withstanding).

Plus, I really really want some nice VF-19 kits. Throw in the MAXL, and you're well on your way to finishing Sound Force, which would leave things wide open for a Hasegawa VF-17. Yes, that one would be a trainer, but given their history of mold milking, doing Diamond Force would probably be a bygone conclusion.

Eh, it might not be likely. I kind of wonder if this VF-11 isn't meant to just test the waters on other designs. The Macross kits have tapered off considerably (except for the few 1/48 kits recently), and I'm really surprised they didn't put out the VF-11 years ago, when they could have sold it alongside the YF-19 and YF-21 kits (and by extension, the Mac7 VF-22 releases).

Anyone else think that it's wishfull thinking for a June release?

As for markings, the standard VF-11 markings are a given, but since Hasegawa usually has 2 or 3 different markings included maybe we'll get somethin a bit more cool. I like the markings that HLJ is using in the Hobbyshow info section.

Chris

They could include many schemes on a single decal sheet---if the modeler is intended to paint the leg striping, then there's very few markings needed for the basic Mac+ and M7 schemes.

PS--yeah, I'd prefer a Perfect Grade battroid mode MAXL from Bandai, but I'll take what I can get. :)

Just fantastic!! I want an entire fleet!! biggrin.gif

I have a resin Club-M too, but who cares!! I want my highly-detailed Hase. And with Jasmine Models Photo-Etched parts!!cool.gif

Great news indeed :) I can't wait for possible variants even 1/48 version. Hopefully they'll get to the VF-17 too.

Looks like Tenjin has already got in the box-art:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10144485a/20/1

On sale at Hobby Search also:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10144485

My big question now though.. will Hasegawa use this to get a foot in the door for more Mac7 stuff? I mean, technically they already did with the VF-22 kits, so they obviously have (or at least had) the rights to do Mac7 stuff in 1/72. But I would LOVE to see some VF-19s in 1/72 done up Hasegawa style (especially if they tap the VF-19 Master File for schemes and variants), or even a 1/72 MAXL kit done up as a realistic aircraft.

Oh, and the thought of them expanding the line further into 1/48 has me drooling profusely.

Something along the unfinished lines of this (kitbash drawing of the Hasegawa YF-19 and Master File VF-19F/S)?

vf19ftest2x.th.jpg

I'm definitely excited to see a new mold coming from Hasegawa. Maybe it'll be time to work out a resin (baseline, not Sound Force kai model) VF-11D trainers and VF-11MAXL. :p