Yamato 1:3000 SDF-1 Macross - unpainted model kit

CF18

post-467-0-68741300-1301838617_thumb.jpg

No price or date yet. Text mentioned Yamato online shop. I expect HLJ to carry this.

Rest of Macross related scans from Model Graphix:

http://mecha-guy.blogspot.com/2011/04/macross-model-kits-model-graphix-may.html

Previously discussed in the toy thread, with a high res scan of the photo-etched part + decal:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=33521&view=findpost&p=896917

From the page, these are the information i could get. (from the number on pictures and description)

1: The broken Cannon will be included as an option part

2: The bottom of feet will have round nozzle and switch-able square shape nozzle.

3: Decal sheet will be included

4: Photo-Etching parts will be included for Antenna, Strike Valkyries and launching Arms..etc

5: Screws and pin shaft are used for assembly.

Other info from article..

It will also include resin cast parts, glow sticker decals

The price will be relatively lower than the toy version.

:ph34r::blink::lol::angry::(:o

• 3 weeks later...

Any indications that any of this extra stuff (glow stickers, decals or PE parts) will be offered separately to those of us who were early adopters?

I'm guessing there will be an influx of extra parts coming out of this. Honestly that price is worth getting the SDF-1 alone and make partial money back from selling off the custom parts. You'd get the Macross for around $200 after all is said and done.

I waited too long to pick up the toy version like a dummy and it seems to have either sold out or had it's price jacked up everywhere. I hope I can catch a second bite at the apple here. hopefully we get a little advanced warning on the release date, a kit version sounds just perfect to me.

~Edit~ Maybe I spoke too soon, I just checked HLJ and they are getting a restock in July so hopefully they announce a release date for this so i can make a decision on whihc verson to get before they sell out again.

Edited by Ghadrack

• 3 weeks later...

Best image of the display:

post-467-0-18708300-1305292595_thumb.jpg

Don't know why HLJ haven't list this one yet after selling most other Yamato exclusive, even the 1:2000. If you want it from HLJ - cheaper than any other proxy - then try email them.

just FYI,

First US retail site to list this item, I believe.

Their price is kinda ..high. asking $249.99 Estimated to Arrive June 2011

Big Bad Toystore

I'm pretty sure HLJ will list this later with actual currency conversion.

I don't know why I'm even posting this since I'm not gonna buy it. I'm done with DYRL SDF-1 :lol:

just FYI,

First US retail site to list this item, I believe.

Their price is kinda ..high. asking $249.99 Estimated to Arrive June 2011

Big Bad Toystore

that's actually not too bad for a US site. after all the 16590 list price works out to about $200 US with the current exchange rate, and keep in mind BBTS estimates shipping for just it at about $12 to the continental US. once you tack on $40~$50 for international shipping, it's actually going to be pretty close.

hopefully these aren't going to be too limited. I'd like to get one but the timing is right in the middle of a bunch of other stuff.*crosses fingers for winter sale*

Any further news about whether any of these upgrade parts/decals will be available separately to previous owners of the assembled toy?

Just got mine shipped from Japan today, awesome kit and will need at lot of time and tlc to build it!

Only issue is maybe those extra bonus parts, which are given to you not in the correct pre-colour molded plastic but instead in natural resin (just like Yamato's advertising campaign).

Delivery guy came but I was out.

I'll receive it tomorrow instead.... To be honest I have no idea when I'll be able to start this thing, let alone finish it. :unsure:

One thing is for sure: Kye-kye's step-by-step build up will no doubt prove INVALUABLE. B)) Too bad mine will not look anywhere near as good.

Delivery guy came but I was out.

I'll receive it tomorrow instead.... To be honest I have no idea when I'll be able to start this thing, let alone finish it. :unsure:

One thing is for sure: Kye-kye's step-by-step build up will no doubt prove INVALUABLE. B)) Too bad mine will not look anywhere near as good.

Don't worry. If it looks half as good I'm sure it'll be great. It just has to be 100% done. Good luck man!

I just got the payment request from HLJ, as expected the shipping cost stings a bit more than on the prebuilt version but it's still a much saner deal... providing the build process doesn't push me on the edge of madness :wacko:

btw can someone confirm if there are also a few 1/3000 valks on lauch arms on the etching parts sheet?(I'm not sure if I'm not confusing this with stuff from the 1/2000 thread though)

--edit : just read kyekye translation above, 1/3000 valks yay!!

Edited by Frogze

I just got the payment request from HLJ, as expected the shipping cost stings a bit more than on the prebuilt version but it's still a much saner deal... providing the build process doesn't push me on the edge of madness :wacko:

btw can someone confirm if there are also a few 1/3000 valks on lauch arms on the etching parts sheet?(I'm not sure if I'm not confusing this with stuff from the 1/2000 thread though)

--edit : just read kyekye translation above, 1/3000 valks yay!!

Yes, it's from the unpainted 1/3000 kit. It's really tiny... .I meant really tiny..... :lol:

321-1.jpg

321-2.jpg

321-3.jpg

Edited by Vi-RS

Well, if anyone doesn't want or intend to use the PE parts (they might be too small and bad for your eyes!) ;-) - you've got someone (ME!) more than happy to take it off your hands!

Keep me in mind.