is there a VF-171 kit or model?

whistler

40 members have voted

1. 1. would you buy a VF-171?

call me crazy, but i happen to think that the VF-171 is awesome. she may not have the flash of the Messiah, especially in her base configuration, but the EX models just look dangerous. they remind me of the Strike Valkyries from Do You Remember love, and i tend to think that the -171 finds a nice middle ground between the lean-and-mean Messiah and the heavy-hitting Lucifer. and while i do prefer the Messiah's battroid design to that of the Nightmare Plus' (and the name for that matter), the -171EX's fighter mode takes the cake.

now while i completely understand the release of the new Tornado variants and the VF-29 (still trying to get used to that weird little kitbash), i find myself both surprised and disappointed by the fact that there don't seem to be any VF-171s available. After all, Macross Frontier came out in '07 (with the Nightmare Plus being featured before the mighty Messiah) so i figured that it would have put into production already, if only because Alto flew one for several episodes and half the finale. but as far as i can tell, aside from the random Bandai Fighter Pack 4 there are no Nightmare Plus models out there. :mellow:

so please tell me, am i just looking in the wrong places, or has no one actually made a VF-171? they even took the concept of the "GRAVE" nose art on the back of an EX and made Messiah kits crammed full of decals, but no 171s? <_< if there are no -171s around, is anyone planning to release one in the future? any information or insight would be greatly appreciated.

an somewhat unrelated question, so pardon my noobishness, but how exactly do the scales for Macross models work out? i tend to see 1/100 as the most common, but how big is that? how big are the 1/200 scale Bandai Fighter Pack models? i assume they are fairly small, but actual measurements would help give me a better idea. i have experience with Battletech minis and painting but almost none when it comes to model kits and / or high-end toys.

thanks fellas ^_^

There's also an RVF-171 available, too.

Please note that the prices listed on these auctions are double the price they were offered for at Wonderfest.

Everybody singing !

Help me Captain, help me !

Save my day ! Save me from insanite !

Give me a Nightmare !

Give me a VF-171 and make me happy !

I don't hanna a toy

I'm a modeler, damm !

Give me a Vf-171 and make me happy !

Well i'm not a musician but you got the point...

sorry, i guess my use of terminology is a bit off... i meant to ask if there are any of the toys like the Bandai VF-25s and the like coming out, in addition to model options.

can you tell me more about these resin kit? unfortunately my Japanese skills are almost nonexistent. do any of these kits remain, and are there DX versions as well?

thanks for the replys fellas ^_^