Anime Expo 2011 LA Convention Center.

I know its only early March and Anime Expo 2011 isn't til July, but are there any MW members planning on going, wanting to go? I haven't been to a major Con since 2003 so I've been out of the loop for awhile and ready to get back in, Also after reading that Megumi Nakajima (Ranka) & May'n (Sheryl Nome)of Mac Frontier will be performing together and signing autographs thats I'll I needed to hear!! Plus a mystery guest will join them on stage as well. :D

http://www.anime-expo.org/archive/ax2010-guests/mayn/

Anyone going the Cosplay route or just regular...?

Actually, it's about time they start lining up and announcing the Guests of Honor. So we'll leave the thread open. Heck, only 3 more months and change before it comes. Might as well start planning now. :)

Thanks for keeping this open azrael, like you said with just over 3 months to go, correct & Accurate info should be announced soon. Though I might not get lucky enough to see Ranka & Sheryl perform live again this year , I'd still love to go! :)

• 3 months later...

I'll be there all 4 days. Concert last year was awesome. Hope they would put it on a DVD at some point.

I'll be going all 4 days as well. Looking forward to this year. I don't know if I'll buy anything big, but seeing new stuff is fun. Going to the Hatsune Miku concert on saturday night.

I'll be going all 4 days as well. Looking forward to this year. I don't know if I'll buy anything big, but seeing new stuff is fun. Going to the Hatsune Miku concert on saturday night.

Even though I love vocaloid work, I'm sitting this convention out :unsure:.

I know it's not gonna be as elaborate as the Sega concert, but do let us know how the Miku concert turns out ^_^ .

Anyone going to the Kalafina concert?

I went Saturday and exhibit hall was quite packed.

I was hoping to see if any dealer carries Macross items particularly DX VF-29, but nooooooo. Almost nothing Macross related toys exept for some PVC prize figures.

Only one dealer had Macross Fighter Collection Vol.4 and I bought one full case. So disappointed.

I went Saturday and exhibit hall was quite packed.

I was hoping to see if any dealer carries Macross items particularly DX VF-29, but nooooooo. Almost nothing Macross related toys exept for some PVC prize figures.

Only one dealer had Macross Fighter Collection Vol.4 and I bought one full case. So disappointed.

We were there all day as well. If you go tomorrow, look for us. Tomorrow is specifically for shopping for Cheryl and I.

I know it's not gonna be as elaborate as the Sega concert...

Well, I'm gonna have to eat those words, saw some streams of the concert and boy was I wrong... Practically the same concert as the "Thanksgiving" concert but with upgrades. Accompanied by a live band (seems to be the same band too!) and a small orchestra.

Also, I lol'd and daww'd,

anime-expo-2011-120.jpg

anime-expo-2011-121.jpg

Edited by shiroikaze

This is what makes going to AX so much fun. This year, the calibur of anime cosplay girls seemed much higher than previous years. Not just in costume, but in the hotness scale. It was also nice seeing girls in the older range (20-30s) cosplaying.