eMail notification not working

try deleting your cache and then restarting your browser, maybe even the computer. I've been receiving these even though I had it set not to. I've since turned it off. Let us know if it's still an issue.

try deleting your cache and then restarting your browser, maybe even the computer. I've been receiving these even though I had it set not to. I've since turned it off. Let us know if it's still an issue.

I seem to be having a similar problem with my email notifications. I even switched from delayed email notification to inmediate and am still not getting emails from the system.

hotmail is filtering @macrossworld.com at the server side.

If I change my email to gmail.com, everything works fine.

If I change my email to hotmail.com, it won't even show up if I added @macrossworld.com to the safe sender list.

Thanks for the tip. You are absolutely right. I changed my email for notification purposes to a yahoo account and it works perfectly.

Any ideas as to why hotmail would be blocking macrossworld emails?

Micro$oft are arsehats they also for no reason what so ever "filter" some other forums that I use that also have nothing to do with any products they own, they also "filter" one site I use that does mention modifications of a certain White coloured electric door stop I own.

So they now block those websites and sending email from my Android powered Cell phone Time to bin my hotmail account I think, thanks for the last 12 years M$, but Gmail wins.

Edited by big F

• 5 weeks later...

Micro$oft are arsehats they also for no reason what so ever "filter" some other forums that I use that also have nothing to do with any products they own, they also "filter" one site I use that does mention modifications of a certain White coloured electric door stop I own.

So they now block those websites and sending email from my Android powered Cell phone Time to bin my hotmail account I think, thanks for the last 12 years M$, but Gmail wins.

Well, that could be it. But the current admin may want to check the back-end settings.

This is possibly something that can be fixed on the MW side of things. A few years ago (during my tenure as admin), we were having trouble sending to a lot of "free email" services. The problem was that a lot of those services were very picky about the header structure of the emails and rejected the way IPB structures its emails by default. The solution was to add a custom header in the forum email settings (this is something done forum-wide by the admin, not by users themselves). If I recall, the code needed was: -femailaddress@server.com (yes, "dash f" run into a legit email address). At that point, email started getting through to those services.

I wonder if this settings was (easily!) overlooked and not duplicated when the forums were rebuilt during the last major IPB version upgrade?

Best,

H