Shawn

Upgraded to the current IPB tonight

Hi everyone,

I upgraded us to the most recent version of the IPB software. Please put any issues you have in this thread and we will fix them over the next couple days.

Thank you!

Shawn

The main forum page is hugging the left margin, and not full screen whereas the other forum pages are full screen.

Also, there's some weirdness going on near the search box.

Thanks for the upgrade!

noted-thanks!

I was able to replicate the view counter not incrementing on a local copy of the forums I have on a dev machine.

I will run a trace and see if I can find out why the counter is not updating

S

ok-fixed the view counter issue

in the admin panel there is this setting

Update Topic Views Immediately

If enabled, the topic views counter will be updated as one loads a topic. If not enabled, the topic views will be written to another table and the topic views updated every 3 hours. This will significantly reduce overhead on the topics table if you have a very busy board as it overcomes the write lock initiated when the topic counter is updated.

it was set to false.

LOL I traced the db, repaired all the tables, etc and nothing worked

then i thought it might be cache related-and then stumbled across that setting in admin panel

now I can focus on getting the main page back to normal :p

S

When you say it's hugging the left, there should be a little button with an arrow or an "X" in it. Newer versions of IPB have this "What's Hot Right Now" box or some "Hot Topics" box that shows up. It should be directly under the "View New Content" button on the right side (next to the RSS feed button). By click on that arrow or X-button should expand or collapse that panel. We have never implemented it which is probably why we've never noticed it.

post-15-0-14105200-1299451319_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-91394800-1299451329_thumb.jpg

When you say it's hugging the left, there should be a little button with an arrow or an "X" in it. Newer versions of IPB have this "What's Hot Right Now" box or some "Hot Topics" box that shows up. It should be directly under the "View New Content" button on the right side (next to the RSS feed button). By click on that arrow or X-button should expand or collapse that panel. We have never implemented it which is probably why we've never noticed it.

Aha! Thanks for clearing that up. Now the only issue I see is what looks like some missing images or formatting near the Search field.

Looks and functions fine on my Android smartphone.

Graham

I looked at the code and it appears there should be some radio buttons being generated near the search field...

<div id='primary_nav'> 
				<div id='search'> 
					<form action="http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1" method="post" id='search-box' > 
<fieldset> 
	<label for='main_search' class='hide'>Search</label> 
	<span id='search_wrap'> 
		<input type='text' id='main_search' name='search_term' class='text_input' size='17' tabindex='6' /> 
		<span class='choice ipbmenu clickable' id='search_options'></span> 
		<ul id='search_options_menucontent' class='boxShadow' style='display: none'> 
			<li class='title'><strong>Search section:</strong></li> 

<li class='special'><label for='s_topic' title='This topic'><input type='radio' name='search_app' value="forums:topic:34765" class='input_radio' id='s_topic' checked="checked" /> <strong>This topic</strong></label></li> 

<li class='special'><label for='s_forum' title='This forum'><input type='radio' name='search_app' value="forums:forum:28" class='input_radio' id='s_forum'  /> <strong>This forum</strong></label></li> 

<li class='app'><label for='s_forums' title='Forums'><input type='radio' name='search_app' class='input_radio' id='s_forums' value="forums"  />Forums</label></li><li class='app'><label for='s_members' title='Members'><input type='radio' name='search_app' class='input_radio' id='s_members' value="members"  />Members</label></li><li class='app'><label for='s_core' title='Help'><input type='radio' name='search_app' class='input_radio' id='s_core' value="core"  />Help Files</label></li> 

</ul> 
	</span> 
	<input type='submit' class='submit_input clickable' value='Search' /> 
	<a href='http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums' title='' accesskey='4' rel="search" id='adv_search'>Advanced</a> 
</fieldset> 
</form> 
<script type='text/javascript'> 
document.observe("dom:loaded", function(){
	ipb.global.contextualSearch();
});
</script> 
				</div>

Was able to find the code for the sidebar and disabled it. When we bump up to 3.2, we'll try it out again.

S

Looks and functions fine on my Android smartphone.

Looks like they update the Lo-Fi skin for mobile phones now. It actually looks and is sized correctly for my iPhone.

I looked at the code and it appears there should be some radio buttons being generated near the search field...

I can see the buttons but I think it's a skin issue. We probably don't have that code in the skin so that's why it's odd.

post-15-0-77573600-1299456070_thumb.jpg

The upgrade also added in a couple new search options (see attached pic in the default skin)

Our skin does not support that, yet. Not sure if we need really need to search for members or help

S

post-10-0-09684100-1299457155_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the code extract Mechamaniac-I was able to zero in on the Search option and fixed it

S

Thanks for the code extract Mechamaniac-I was able to zero in on the Search option and fixed it

S

Happy to serve. B))

Wow. A little bit of difference looks good, specially the smart phone scheme, maybe it'll keep me from accidentally pinning threads.

Is there any way to get the "Back to top" button threads?

Also this issue is really bothersome

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=33548

It tells you that you can't post more than 10 pics at once, but when you try to put up a separate new post it tries to merge it to the previous post, which in turn tells you you can't have more than ten pics at once. It's annoying to people that try to put up pics in the for sale section and the customizer's WIP threads.

Wow. A little bit of difference looks good, specially the smart phone scheme, maybe it'll keep me from accidentally pinning threads.

Is there any way to get the "Back to top" button threads?

By default, the "Back to Top" button is disabled in the current IPB revisions. I have edited the stylesheet to re-enable it. Not sure what will happen if we upgrade again, but it should show up now.

Also this issue is really bothersome

It tells you that you can't post more than 10 pics at once, but when you try to put up a separate new post it tries to merge it to the previous post, which in turn tells you you can't have more than ten pics at once. It's annoying to people that try to put up pics in the for sale section and the customizer's WIP threads.

It's the flood control. By default, any posts made within 5 minutes of each other are merged. I have adjusted the limit on the number of pics however from 10 to 20 now.

These guys are rockstars!!!

If there's any way to turn off that flood control it'd be cool. Doesn't really deter from member spamming. But thanks for that.

By default, the "Back to Top" button is disabled in the current IPB revisions. I have edited the stylesheet to re-enable it. Not sure what will happen if we upgrade again, but it should show up now.

It's the flood control. By default, any posts made within 5 minutes of each other are merged. I have adjusted the limit on the number of pics however from 10 to 20 now.

Still some weirdness going on with the PM notification area. Notice how it shows the number twice.

post-78-0-78498900-1299771075_thumb.jpeg

I just realized that the "search this topic" and "search this forum" boxes are gone. It was so much more useful to type directly into them than than to go through the "advanced search".

Also---is there a way to "close" the notification/sign-out box? Even with the font size set to "smallest" it still overlaps the search box/advanced search area on my monitor. It's in the way/annoying.

Still some weirdness going on with the PM notification area. Notice how it shows the number twice.

Probably a skin issue...

I just realized that the "search this topic" and "search this forum" boxes are gone. It was so much more useful to type directly into them than than to go through the "advanced search".

Also---is there a way to "close" the notification/sign-out box? Even with the font size set to "smallest" it still overlaps the search box/advanced search area on my monitor. It's in the way/annoying.

I think when Shawn disabled those Search functions when the skin won't render that Search box correctly.

Guess we'll need to fix this skin.....crap.

yeah-when I 'fixed' the search I went nuclear on it and accidentally pulled too much code. I just restored it to the original version. We can fix this weekend. Sorry

S

Not sure if you already know but the email topic reply notification is not working for me, It's not a browser thing as my mail gets pushed independently of my browsers refresh etc.

That said it looks good and seems to load faster :)

Not sure if you already know but the email topic reply notification is not working for me, It's not a browser thing as my mail gets pushed independently of my browsers refresh etc.

That said it looks good and seems to load faster :)

Hotmail appears to be blocking MW from their end. If you are using Hotmail/Live.com, you may want to talk to them.

For more info, we have a thread in the Feedback section.

Hotmail appears to be blocking MW from their end. If you are using Hotmail/Live.com, you may want to talk to them.

For more info, we have a thread in the Feedback section.

Thanks for the heads up.

I have told M$ what I think of their blocking sites without my say so. Suffice to say Google have no such blocking plans.

Need notification help:

I fiddled with the settings a bit, but still can't get it right---if I get a PM, and read it, even if I click and open in a new window---the notification doesn't go away until I manually delete it. Very annoying. What's the setting to have it behave like every other forum and like how MW was a week ago----you see a "1" notice for new PM's, you go read it, then the notification goes away.

I keep deleting "so and so started a new conversation with you" alerts constantly...

Similar issues as my last post---"notifications" are still annoying/persistant. I didn't do anything, but now whenever I click on the little number that indicates a new notification etc I get a pop-up list of "so and so started a new conversation" along with the last dozen notices reaching back for a week (so and so replied, so and so replied, etc). And all the little icons in that list are red X's.

And again--reading the PM doesn't make the notification go away, it'll still say "1" or "2" or whatever until I click the item in that list, too. So I basically have to click on every PM twice.