• 2 weeks later...

Damn, talk about hook, line and sinker. Iron Man 3 has one of the most ingenious plot twists in cinema history. I never thought the Mandarin would translate well on the big screen, but Ben Kingsley really pulled it off. The first Iron Man started the whole series with a bang, but this one ends with an all-out explosion.

Saw it today. Not bad...not bad..enjoyable like the others but not as good. first half of the film is fantastic,second half kind of wobbles abit and depending o your mood or zelousness of Marvel characters the twist may leave you abit disappointed. I left the cinema with a happy yet meh feeling.

NO SPOILERS.

I saw this last night.

It was fantastic.

There were some very nice plot twists, including one that you will not see coming.

Much, much better than number two (which I quite enjoyed), with quite a different style to the two previous ones.

A stylistic change is that Tony Stark often speaks directly to the audience in voiceover, and whilst I'm usually not a fan of this sort of thing, here it works surprisingly well.

Another item that could have descended very quickly into sentimental and maudlin territory is Tony's relationship with a young boy. Instead it's kept whip-crack smart and sharp by some well-written dialogue.

The only thing I was not enamoured of was the tech from Tony's opposition. It simply defied the laws of physics and if this kind of tech was available and unleashed, it would be very difficult to put the genie back into the bottle - it would change 'everything'.

The summer movies are starting to be released in foreign markets first... plus the additional preview screenings.

Oh I should mention - 'foreign markets' actually means the USA, to anyone outside of the USA, like me and many others in this forum!

Saw it in HK two nights ago. Definitely a fun ride, but the first Iron Man is still the best. Also glad that they didn't show the PRC version in Hong Kong that supposedly had additional scenes catered to the Chinese market. Why? Because Shane Black was quick to claim that he had nothing to do with the Chinese edition.... which is always a bad sign. Anyway, remember to stay till end of credits for a pleasant surprise.

A foreign market for film is what ever place a film is showed that wasn't its country of origin.

That's an interesting definition. So The Matrix and its sequels for Americans, would be a 'foreign film'? Or two of the Star Wars prequels? The latest Wolverine movie? Would you classify The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit as foreign films? Personally, I think calling something a 'foreign film' is becoming increasingly irrelevant. It's increasingly a global market, especially when film makers are looking to the 'foreign markets' for their profit...

They are not considered foreign as the films are made by American studios. Locations where they are shot doesn't matter, it's where the studio or production company originate from thus all the previous films are American films. Or rather to truly simplify it all, it's where the money comes from. US dollars are producing the film, it's an US film.

Edited by kanedaestes