Wow, what the hell did they do to the armor scheme? I knew it was going to have more gold from the poster promo but the actual suit is all kinds of ugly.

Edited by mass driver

New Iron Man 3 Mark VIII Armour A Surprise Unveiling On The Floor Of Comic-Com.

post-8744-0-16823300-1342285232_thumb.jpg

Yup, that is a horrible color scheme. Overall, I hoped they'd aim for something like the Extremis Suit (my favorite IM suit), since the movie is loosely based on that story arc.

• 2 months later...

I just keep thinking "It's a bit ostentatious, don't you think?"

Not really, considering my meager collection. I don't currently own any Iron Man figs, and the ED is still in its prototype stage, meaning I've got at least six to eight months before we even see an announcement for pre-orders. And given HT's frequent delays, I'd probably have about a year or so before having to put down any money for it.

** EDITED FOR GRAMMAR MISTAKES **

Edited by GU-11

Not really, considering my meager collection. I don't currently own any Iron Man figs, and the ED is still in its prototype stage, meaning I've got at least six to eight months before we even see an announcement for pre-orders. And given HT's frequent delays, I'd probably have about a year or so before having to put down any money for it.

** EDITED FOR GRAMMAR MISTAKES **

I could be wrong, but I think Greyryder's referring to Iron Man's armor, not the toy.

• 3 weeks later...

Mk IX shots seem to look more tan than gold so might be the lighting. Thought I would hate it from the description but looks surprisingly good. I am still kinda hoping it's more like the Mk V and he'll have a "real" more red Mk X for later on.

I was thinking it would be armor made for Captain America? Each of the Iron Man movies had 3 versions while Avengers had 2 (one original). I'd expect at least 2 suits for Iron Man 3, if not 3 again.

HD versions:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/ironman3/

A TDKR-version of Iron Man...

Except they can't kill off Tony Stark or really end his story since they need him for Avengers 2.

BTW, here's the official synopsis:

Marvel Studios’ Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?

Starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce, Rebecca Hall, Stephanie Szostak, James Badge Dale with Jon Favreau and Ben Kingsley, Iron Man 3 is directed by Shane Black from a screenplay by Drew Pearce and Shane Black and is based on Marvel’s iconic Super Hero Iron Man, who first appeared on the pages of Tales of Suspense (#39) in 1963 and had his solo comic book debut with The Invincible Iron Man(#1) in May of 1968.

Iron Man 3 is presented by Marvel Studios in association with Paramount Pictures and DMG Entertainment. Marvel Studios’ President Kevin Feige is producing and Jon Favreau, Louis D’Esposito, Stephen Broussard, Victoria Alonso, Alan Fine, Charles Newirth, Stan Lee and Dan Mintz are executive producers. The film releases May 3, 2013, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.

And blowing up his place in California means he'll have to move into Stark Towers permanently for any follow up/Avengers movies.

Yeah, he could never afford to buy a new mansion, I'm sure. :p