blah, i could give 2 sh*ts about suits... is Tony gonna deal with his DRINKING PROBLEM? thats what i want to see, something that hits home for the actor himself (just as long as he doesnt hit the rocks himself mind you)...

Here ya go: http://www.amazon.com/Days-Special-Edition-Sandra-Bullock/dp/B00004UEDQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1338505412&sr=8-2

Now me, I want to see some hot powered suit on powered suit action.

Licensing Expo 2012 has produced these images:

(Spoiler'd for size)

hrlicensingexpo201228.jpg

im3y.jpg

I'm getting too much of the Bleeding Edge-armor feel in there. I'd prefer a bit more...red.

Also this:

EXCLUSIVE! Iron Patriot is NOT in ‘Iron Man 3′ (Latino Review)

How much faith you want to put into that source is your prerogative.

But I would be disappointed if it doesn't make it's way back into the classic War Machine colors.

Licensing Expo 2012 has produced these images:

(Spoiler'd for size)

hrlicensingexpo201228.jpg

im3y.jpg

I'm getting too much of the Bleeding Edge-armor feel in there. I'd prefer a bit more...red.

So now Tony recycles old helmets as shoulders?... Or maybe he saw Gurren Lagann and wants to homage it's awesomeness by using a suit made out of Iron man faces.

Edited by Twoducks

Uh no, the cosmic cube was all ready created like thousands of years ago. It was lost on Earth and then uncovered in World War 2 by the Red Skull. Watch Captain America for the background on the film version of the cosmic cube

Uh no, the cosmic cube was all ready created like thousands of years ago. It was lost on Earth and then uncovered in World War 2 by the Red Skull. Watch Captain America for the background on the film version of the cosmic cube

Ok thanks.

Also this:

EXCLUSIVE! Iron Patriot is NOT in ‘Iron Man 3′ (Latino Review)

How much faith you want to put into that source is your prerogative.

But I would be disappointed if it doesn't make it's way back into the classic War Machine colors.

Dude! If they are right....then that is so wrong ruining an established design. It has to go back.

It's also going to carry over to Captain America 2 and probably Thor 2. They'll still be separate entities, but they'll draw some minor things from The Avengers. I've heard (and felt) Marvel Studios liking this idea of a linked movie universe. I'd find it unlikely since Sony Pictures currently has the rights to the Spiderman-movies, but if Samuel Jackson shows up in Amazing Spiderman, I won't be surprised.

It'd be cool on a blu-ray release when mention or conversation refers to a previous movie you'd see an * and a pop up saying "For more on this, check out Avengers Movie." just like the old comics used to do hehe...

Also I do not like the Iron Patriot idea...

Edited by Zor Primus

• 2 weeks later...

People keep saying Iron Man 3 is going to take inspiration from the Extremis story arc, but I swear the more concept art and promo pics I see the more I'm reminded of the suit after the Extremis suit (his current one).

Closeup shots (Comic Book Movie.com)

Design-wise, at least the bulk of the Mark VII is cut down. That's nice.

Color-wise.....oh where do I begin....1st off: TOO. MUCH. GOLD. Make the upper torso, shoulders, and boots red. That's just too much gold. Why even have the red in there at all.

Closeup shots (Comic Book Movie.com)

Design-wise, at least the bulk of the Mark VII is cut down. That's nice.

Color-wise.....oh where do I begin....1st off: TOO. MUCH. GOLD. Make the upper torso, shoulders, and boots red. That's just too much gold. Why even have the red in there at all.

Agreed. also the triangular chest piece could work better.

Last piece of news from the CCI IM3 panel:

Stephanie Szostak will be joining the cast in an yet-to-be-named roll.

Also as many have suspected:

Ben Kingsley is portraying The Mandarin.

And we can't finish without some footage...or at least some description of it: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=63848

Marvel should just post it on Youtube or something. It will save the lawyers the trouble of takedown notices.

Also as many have suspected:

Ben Kingsley is portraying The Mandarin.

Given the extraterrestrial aspect of the character's powers (alien rings and all), I wonder if it'll detract too far from the previous two movies' more grounded setting--I mean, only human technology has been featured so far.

Edited by GU-11