Has Tony build a bunch of unmanned iron man suits/Altron?

Since the movie hasn't reached us yet...

Yes. Between Avengers and this movie, OCD Tony has been busy building stuff. Lots of stuff. And the suit he is wearing for this movie is suppose to be the Mark 40-something. So yes, there will be an Iron Legion.

The trailer did its job, to keep me interested in going to see Iron Man 3 in theaters.

I also agree with some of the funnier responses like keeping up with a gazillion Hot Toys releases and how ridiculous the Hulk-Buster suit looks (but then, it never looked good in comic form either).

-b.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm scared to think of how many of these new Iron Man 3 suits will see release as Revoltech, et al., figures... I don't think my wallet will be able to survive the merchandising aftermath of this movie... :wacko::ph34r:

They get through Mk 47 in this movie. that's 40 more armors for hot toys to make. Just think about the hall of armor setup that will need. :p

Still wondering about the big jump from 7 to the 40. Why couldn't these be 9 and 10 or 10 and 11, for example?

The point is that Tony Starks obsession overtakes him. He's the type to work harder when he's stressed and he see's so many variable possibilities that he starts constructing ridiculous amounts of suits to cover every avenue. It's kind of like a replacement for his alcoholism in the comics. Severe OCD neurosis.