Huh, Tony Stark PTSD

"After New York"...."Can't sleep". Yes, easy to understand he flew inside a giant space whale. After the invasion, we all now know why space whales should be hunted.

Plus, after 'The Avengers' Stark is going to be a one woman man.

That is alot for him to handle and then there is that giant breasted creepy bunny in the living room.

Yeah, he has problems to deal with.

• 1 month later...

I'm confused...is the colorful armor War Machine or the Iron Patriot? In the link posted earlier they showed a still that reads Lt Col James Rhodes on the side of the thigh armor.

"After New York"...."Can't sleep". Yes, easy to understand he flew inside a giant space whale. After the invasion, we all now know why space whales should be hunted. Plus, after 'The Avengers' Stark is going to be a one woman man. That is alot for him to handle and then there is that giant breasted creepy bunny in the living room. Yeah, he has problems to deal with.

Those aren't breasts. They're its arms.

I'm confused...is the colorful armor War Machine or the Iron Patriot? In the link posted earlier they showed a still that reads Lt Col James Rhodes on the side of the thigh armor.

It's War Machine....in an Iron Patriot paint scheme. They'll explain it in the movie.

Not sure if this was mentioned before but now that Shane Black is directing, would there be any conflict between him and Jon since he plays as Happy?

Jon Favreau is listed as Executive Producer. Favreau is there to provide input considering he did the last 2 movies, but this is Shane's gig as he's writer and director. So no problem.

this may sound weird but I'm way more bothered by the fact that they replaced the back mounted gatling gun with a nondescript box than by the new paint job.

The nondescript box is awesome. It reminds me of Johnny Five's laser.

I thought Ironman 3 would be Tony Stark sitting pretty facing off with the "bad guy of the week" tired plot fomula

But I like the whole losing everything and fighting back with nothing to regain it all/using his witts type vibe..interesting

I just assumed it was retractable.

I'd LIKE to assume the CGI rig for his suit sequencing has programmed in safe-guards against such an inconsistency. To alert the animators/artists when there are glaring inconsistencies in articulation & coverage flow--rather than just chalk up present day production standards for such a film as purely 'anime-magic'.

Then, there ARE rushed deadlines...

Too many die-hard geeks/fanboys involved in these productions nowadays to easily let something like this slide. Anybody got hard IM suit references handy as justification or to debunk my hypothesis?

Edited by Vespaeda

Might be a conscious decision in order to give him some range of motion, since they can probably add in the neck piece easily in postproduction

I just assumed it was retractable.

I'd LIKE to assume the CGI rig for his suit sequencing has programmed in safe-guards against such an inconsistency. To alert the animators/artists when there are glaring inconsistencies in articulation & coverage flow--rather than just chalk up present day production standards for such a film as purely 'anime-magic'.

Then, there ARE rushed deadlines...

Too many die-hard geeks/fanboys involved in these productions nowadays to easily let something like this slide. Anybody got hard IM suit references handy as justification or to debunk my hypothesis?

they add a lot in.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...