How big would a 1/48 YF-19 be?

TheLoneWolf

I was thinking, if Yamato made a 1/48 YF-19, how big would it be? So I pulled out my 1/72 HCM Hikaru and my 1/72 VF-19A for some comparison shots. DAYAM! I always knew the VF-19A is taller, but I never knew just how badly it towers over the piddly VF-1! I don't even think my display area could accomodate a 1/48 YF-19 in fighter mode :lol:

BTW, the backpack definitely is not in scale. If you mentally erase it from the picture, the VF-1 looks even smaller.

post-4-1061776837_thumb.jpg

:blink: Four hands to transform it. Eight hands to fly it around town. Good Lord, I can already see the price tag on this 1/48 YF-19 (and 21). If you though the price for the Monster was bad, this one is going to be just as painful. :p

You know Yamato will probably produce a 1/48 YF-19, there are all those varients they can make $$$ from the same molds. Just like they're doing with the VF-1. I know it's gonna tower over the VF-1s, but that's just what I want. The Chunky Monkey is almost the same size as the 1/48, and the 19 would really stand out. :) I also wouldn't mind an 11 and 21. :D Isn't it the 10th anniversary for Mac+ next year? ;)

Oh come on, it's still no comparison to the monstrosity (no pun intended) that is the 1/60 Destroid Monster. That thing's gi-normous! The VF-1X 1/48th goes for $125, I don't see a YF-19 going for more than $200. Probably more like around $175. Less if we see domestically released Macross toys in the next year or two.

I for one hope that Yamato does get around to a 1/48th scale M+ and Digital Mission:VF-X line, for those of us that love our Valks super-sized and in scale to each other!

I dunno... probably only get a 1/48 of the YF-21... those are just too big for me to get em all and the 19 is in distant 2nd to the 21 in my desires to have... plus it will be no doubt ugly expensive.

The Yamato's -19 wings are too small (and I've alsways thought the nose was too short). It should actually be even bigger in fighter mode. :)

Anyone got a Hasegawa VF-1 and YF-19 in fighter mode to put together and photograph? That'd give us a better sense of size, since they're both very accurate to the anime. (As a 1/48 YF-19 hopefully will be)

<_<

Yeah, let's look at the combination:

Yamato

1/48

Quality

Poseability

Ok, this drops a Very Cool mecha. Sure, and if there is not Q/C issues, then the thing is damn great... OMG, the next question in this combination is:

My wallet is gonna hate me:

1.- Very much

2.- Like Hell

3.- Where's my wallet?

4.- I need a new work

5.- all of the avobe

6.- none of the avobe...

BTW, I'm beggining to afford...

Damn Yamato...

(BTW, thanks Yamato!!)

mcpaz

PD: yeah, the world and its contradictions... :(

The Yamato's -19 wings are too small (and I've alsways thought the nose was too short). It should actually be even bigger in fighter mode. :)

Anyone got a Hasegawa VF-1 and YF-19 in fighter mode to put together and photograph? That'd give us a better sense of size, since they're both very accurate to the anime. (As a 1/48 YF-19 hopefully will be)

We could use wm cheng's help here :)

He's got both the VF1 and 19 from Hasegawa. Just gotta persuade him to snap a side by side pic.

I think it would be safe to presume that the size of the -19 would be in or around the old GI Joe Tomcat toy (probably a wee bit shorter...)

I think it's worth the price, however. THe -19's just too cool of a design to pass up.

You know Yamato will probably produce a 1/48 YF-19, there are all those varients they can make $$$ from the same molds. Just like they're doing with the VF-1. I know it's gonna tower over the VF-1s, but that's just what I want. The Chunky Monkey is almost the same size as the 1/48, and the 19 would really stand out. :) I also wouldn't mind an 11 and 21. :D Isn't it the 10th anniversary for Mac+ next year? ;)

But there's "only" 2 kinds of '19s - the ol' YF and the blue VF-19A. That means... tada! Extra big ticket item! Be prepared to fork it over folks :)

If they follow the style of manufacturing as per the 1/48s, there won't be much diecast in it, so I don't think we'll really need 2 pairs of hands to transform it. Hopefully, they'll have a real spring-loaded "tab-b" at the dorsal spine. I 'm quite sure they won't have ugly exposed pivot screws at the wing roots either (not on top, anyway!) The 19 is so gangly looking in battroid mode, I doubt that optimizing the fighter mode would result in a battroid that's any worse off than what we already have in the 1/72. Our best gauge would be the release of the resculpted 19... probably due in 2004.

The Yamato's -19 wings are too small (and I've alsways thought the nose was too short).  It should actually be even bigger in fighter mode.  :) 

Anyone got a Hasegawa VF-1 and YF-19 in fighter mode to put together and photograph?  That'd give us a better sense of size, since they're both very accurate to the anime.  (As a 1/48 YF-19 hopefully will be)

Let's try this!

Disclaimer: Hasegawas not mine. All belong to MW's master modeler, WM_Cheng.

post-4-1061949288_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stormrider

I tried to work out the scale once and I think I came up around 15 inches length for the fighter mode. MASSIVE. And that's not going into total surface area to include wingspan. Going to 1/60 scale alone would make it around the size of a 1/48 VF-1. A 1/48 YF-19 would look gorgeous I'm sure, but that might be a little too big for me. I'll probably settle for 2 of the new 1/72's instead. Imagine the footprint a 1/48 YF-21 would have, too.

Heh heh. I'd probably have to discretely crowd my mom's Japanese display plates in the corner to accomodate those babies.

Still, it makes sense that Yamato would make a larger more highly detailed YF-19/21 after making the smaller scale models wouldn't it? Like the VF-1 series?

I'm a bit puzzled as to why they would release two scales of the VF-1 series. Was it to provide as much quality as your wallet was prepared to pay for? :huh:

You know....I'm thinking that a 1/48 YF-19 might just be a little too much Valkyrie. I like big scale models and toys, but that might just be pushing it. :(

What he said!

The 1/48 VF-1 is crazy already. A 1/48 Macross Plus Valkyrie (19, 21 and 11B) would be a much too much.

The possible price on that thing (if ever it will be produced) won't be anything near affordable.

Gobotfool has the best scale in mind. 1/60 would be perfect, AND, you can display them side by side with the 1/60 VF-1's.

... in which case the current FP VF-11B and YF-21 are kinda redundant. I wonder if the jump from 1/72 to 1/60 would be a hot enough proposition to get everyone to buy them again?

Hey, so long as they make it look good and as close to how it looks like on the anime ( like the 1/48 VF-1), I'd be willing to work overtime for a few weeks to buy it. The YF-19 is one of the sweetest looking Mecha in Macross.

... in which case the current FP VF-11B and YF-21 are kinda redundant. I wonder if the jump from 1/72 to 1/60 would be a hot enough proposition to get everyone to buy them again?

I purposely skipped on the FP versions for the 11B and 21, but plan to get them at a [very] later date.

However, if Yamato [ever] decides to release the 21 and 11B, resculpted, detailed and refined, in 1/60 scale, I'm sold.

yeah I have to agree with Omni here.

A 1/48 Macross Plus line would be unpractical and unaffordable. A 1/60 YF-19 would be about the same height as the 1/48 VF-1 , and as we´ve already seen , that size is big enough to make a great toy with lots of detail , so if you think about it , a 1/60 YF-19 would be just as good as the current 1/48 line.

Yamato is loosing sales even before they release the re-sculpted 1/72 YF-19FP because of the 1/48 craze ,maybe they´ll scrap it and go directly to 1/60...who knows , maybe they´ll make a uber-huge 1/48 YF-19 afterall, but I doubt they´ll get as many sales as with something smaller.

I even wonder why they bother announcing a 1/72 M0 line when people will eventually just buy 1/48 toys and nothing else , and if even if they decided to go everything-must-be-1/48 then there´d be nothing special about the 1/48 line because it would be the standard line and that would suck...

if they decided to go everything-must-be-1/48  then there´d be nothing special about the 1/48 line because it would be the standard line and that would suck...

For me the 1/48 is the standard line. The 1/60 VF-1x is the new chunky monkey. ;) But I do agree with you, as I said in another thread, if a 1/60 YF-19 is produced instead of a 1/48 it would be big enough to allow for accuracy and uber-detail.

I wonder what the japanese market wants. The status on MW right now is that a few o us are crazy enough to buy 1/48 Mplus toys. While the majority wants the midscale 1.60.

i rthin the Yf19FO got delayed for a REASON.

But you all have to also keep in mind yamnato's CEO will do whgat it takes to make a name for the company. So if a 1/60 monster is HUGE. Just think...

1/48 macross plus toys are considered CHEAP in comparison to that...