How big would a 1/48 YF-19 be?

TheLoneWolf

I wonder what the japanese market wants. The status on MW right now is that a few o us are crazy enough to buy 1/48 Mplus toys. While the majority wants the midscale 1.60.

I think there was a poll on the old forum about this.

I can't remember exactly, but I think the whole 1/60 vs. 1/48 thing was pretty evenly split. I for one would pay premium for any Macross Plus item in 1/48. the VF-1 may be the classic, but the 19 and 21's are the badasses.

While I would rather them use 1/60th for a large scale YF I would take a 1/48 scale one. All I say is yamato, don't make an intermediate line, I don't want you to make a 1/60th only to make a 1/48 later. either announce the two scales togeather, offering a 1/60th or 1/72 for people strapped for cash and then a 1/48 to be released along side it. Graham if you are listening relay this to Yamato. We want any macross plus valks in either 1/60th or 1/72. !/48 is insane. It is not even a matter of money anymore with their stuff its a matter of space!!!!!!

On a side not what do you think a 1/48 scale Mac + valk would cost? 175? 200? 300? If it hits the 300 celing forget it!

Edited by GobotFool

I for one would buy any and all Mac Plus 1/48 toys.

Especially a big ol' hinkin' VF-11B!

Ditto. Bigger is always better, and with the Valkyries, 1/48 is the gold standard. If Yamato were to release 1/48 Mac + Valkyries, I'd buy them all. Yes, even the Purple People Eater.

Btw, is it just me, or didn't this thread have a third page? :o

A really nice 1/60 '19 and '21 would go down reeaaalll well with a 1/60 Monster, don't you think? I too skipped on the 1/72 FPs. Somehow, I still think a 1/48 version is not impossible - Bandai has managed to design, produce and market some pretty big kits and toys over the last 2 years: 4-feet tall Zaku, anyone? (It sells!), 1/144 Dendrobium? 1/400 White Base? So Yamato can conceiveably go the same route. The only question is price... If a 1/48 VF-11B can promise better tailfins and fit/finish - I'm sold twice over because I'd get a really improved 1/60 too.

purple people eater.... or in alta vistas translation "flying eggplant machine" :huh:

1/48 all the way! Someone did say after all the 1/60 th scale is all said & done for the DYRL series including enemy mechs & destroids that the perfered scale for Yamato will be 1/72 and 1/48. I don't know why everybody is complaining about size when the 1/60th Quad Raus will probably tower over the 1/48 YF-19. Even 1/60th Monster will take up more real estate than a 1/48 yf-19.

well alot of us don't feel the need to buy a monster, personally I can live without a monster (major denial here) but I want a nice YF-19 at a reasonable price and easy to display. last I saw the Q-rau was only slightly taller than a Vf-1 1/48, the YF-19 and expeciaslly the YF-19 in the anime was bout the same size as zentradi armor.

Ditto. Bigger is always better, and with the Valkyries, 1/48 is the gold standard. If Yamato were to release 1/48 Mac + Valkyries, I'd buy them all. Yes, even the Purple People Eater.

Maybe bigger is great if you're loaded, but some people (like me) can barely scrape together the money for a 1/60 VF-1 or a 1/72 M+. If everything is the size of a 1/48 VF-1, I won't be able to get anything.

A really nice 1/60 '19 and '21 would go down reeaaalll well with a 1/60 Monster, don't you think? I too skipped on the 1/72 FPs. Somehow, I still think a 1/48 version is not impossible - Bandai has managed to design, produce and market some pretty big kits and toys over the last 2 years: 4-feet tall Zaku, anyone? (It sells!), 1/144 Dendrobium? 1/400 White Base? So Yamato can conceiveably go the same route. The only question is price... If a 1/48 VF-11B can promise better tailfins and fit/finish - I'm sold twice over because I'd get a really improved 1/60 too.

A 1/48 Macross PLus valk from Yamato is NOT impossible, I have to agree with that, however, and IMO only, I think it's rather impractical.

For one, the size would be figgin huge! Remember the pic Graham posted? The one with the Club M (??) YF-21 chestplate, placed next to the 1/72 from Yamato? That chestplate piece was already as bigger than Graham's palm!

I don't even want to imagine what the price of that thing would be. :unsure:

If ever Yamato will release resculpted and redefined Macross Plus Valkyries, the 1/60 is the most practical for me. It's going to be big enough to incorporate major details and engineering that was impossible on a smaller scale.

the dendrobium is nice..... I do have this..... glad I have it, am I happy bout what I paid for it....... Nope! :angry: This will proabably be the case with the monster.... and if they make 1/48 macross plus valks..... you know if they stagger the realeases of the macross plus valks by 3 to 5 months, giving us time to recover our money, then it would not be so bad, but if they pull a once a month release on a 1/48 line of valks....... <_<

I'd definitely go for a 1/48 YF-19, and probably a VF-11. The YF-19 is my favorite Macross valk, so I'd scrape the money together to get one. It would be pretty expensive and maybe a little insane, but I hope they do it.

I remember the good old days when someone suggesting a 1/48 YF-19 would get a couple of "you're an idiot, Yamato would never make something that big." responses. Then they unveiled their 1/60 Monster proving they at least have the idea of going over the top. I don't know if they'd gamble on 1/48 M+ valks, but the idea doesn't seem all that crazy anymore.