Animated cartoon "Macross 30" TV production hope!

Mari-ja

I too hope for a sort of side-story sort of OVA. Sort of like Plus but around the MacF timeline.

I really would like more about the colonized planets and Human society that isn't out on the frontier. You could do something sort of Bebop-y with a group of New UN police or investigators that hip around planet to planet, fleet to fleet. Throw in a terrorist plot centered on a big galactic pop star or something. BAM, love triangle and music. Because the trianglees won't necessarily be on the some ship it can be more about long-distance relations. Make the terrorists some protoculture worshiping cult and you can even get some ancient-backstory exposition.

Might be harder to have a bunch of new mechs to make toys of...but those dudes are fairly smart, I'm sure they can think of something. Plus you can have a new Macross Eighth or Sixteenth or something. Or One of those neato diamond shaped carrier things (what are those called?).

Edited by Rbstr

I too hope for a sort of side-story sort of OVA. Sort of like Plus but around the MacF timeline.

I really would like more about the colonized planets and Human society that isn't out on the frontier. You could do something sort of Bebop-y with a group of New UN police or investigators that hip around planet to planet, fleet to fleet. Throw in a terrorist plot centered on a big galactic pop star or something. BAM, love triangle and music. Because the trianglees won't necessarily be on the some ship it can be more about long-distance relations. Make the terrorists some protoculture worshiping cult and you can even get some ancient-backstory exposition.

Might be harder to have a bunch of new mechs to make toys of...but those dudes are fairly smart, I'm sure they can think of something. Plus you can have a new Macross Eighth or Sixteenth or something. Or One of those neato diamond shaped carrier things (what are those called?).

Guantanamo-class

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of a cult trying to make usage of evil music to summon demons to bring wars.

I know this idea might seem a bit crazy but you know those giant things in macross 7 (protodevlin) that basara sang to?

I would like to see some research team get attacked by something similar to the protodevlin due to some cult that awakens these creatures from their sleep and this begins an entire war between the cult members who want to use them as weapons and the good guys who are trying to prevent them from taking over the minds of other people.

To defeat an evil spirit they try to trap it using the song energy thing but the pilot is physically attacked by mind controlled humans who are slaves to the spirits due to programming by the cult. (imagine minmay or basara if they had actually died! no easy solution anymore) This is like the characters in the john carpenter movie "the thing" being controlled by the alien and everyone doesn't know who to trust anymore.

The cult rises to power, people like their music, and then over time they join the cult and become a zombie like state. The humans are confused, the zentradi break free of human control after realising they are getting mind programmed, and an anti-religious group rises to power in opposition to the cult to become the new UN after peace between all the races breaks down.

The whole thing ends in a big war between these two groups 1. Anti-ancient-Religion group and 2. "Protodevlin worshippers" (similar to the global wars before the ASS-1 crashed to earth in SDF-M) and then another group comes out of underground who have researched the protodevlin over a long time to free the mind programmed members of cults. (we'll call these guys "deprogrammers") They have the solution which ends the mind control and saps the power away from the protodevlin through music that puts them back to a sleep state where they dream and wake up in the world they came from. (the material world is their nightmare and we are their source of food to keep them alive as they need energy to keep living inside it or they get returned to their home dimension)

When the cult members imagined a world of destruction their own will created those beings when they dreamt for a solution to their problems. They forgot what they were like before they all became bitter and fed off each other;s hatred for life. So they wanted to find out about these protodevlin in the hopes of fixing everything ("kill off all the 'bad guys' using demons to help guide us") which only made it worse when they became enslaved by the spirits which fed off humans to sustain them. They became zombies and lost their souls.

Since that time, the two main powers are the antireligion guys, (these are like rogue zentradi in terms of wanting to fight all the time, and are right wing in their beliefs, very materialistic and seek more power through control of technology; some of them are like the mad scientist in macross plus who want all humans to trust in machines more than themselves) and the underground rock group who fought off the protodevlin and are closer to being leftwing and want to protect the environment and space whales so that people don't need to compete with each for resources and start wars. (they see the events in macross 7 and basara's defeat of the PD as their solution to everything but are too idealistic for most people to take seriously)

They both fight like "dwarves vs elves", or "cowboys vs indians" over what is the best future and the people in the middle of it are stuck between the two sides. Since you can't defend a rock star unless that rock star is also a good pilot, the antireligion guys argue that they are necessary to defeating evil in the galaxy, while the other side believes you can't use weapons since it hurts the victims of the mind control. (Basara is their messiah)

This story is like the choice between a minmay girlfriend or a misa hayes girlfriend because one is involved in defending lives and the other is about rescuing victims. I mean they both have their place but there is no perfect solution. Much more realistic than macross 7 since in 7 basara could do anything he wanted and was never wrong in any situation throughout all 52 episodes of the story. Even when "basara dies" it's just a trick to make us think he can die. This way basara-type character can be labelled as terrorists who are just religious fundamentalists, and the technology and science guys (always looking to perfect things with machines) as polluters of planets and exploiters of the poor who join the military and die for nothing. The two sides try to control the other and this way you got lots of stealing of military secrets between the two.

Anyway that would be my macross 7 sequel. Make the protodevil closer to actual demonic spirits or something. Like actually scary beings that can appear good if they wish. (ie star wars "sith lord" type deception) But don't make it so they are just misunderstood. Have it so they are scared to die if they don't eat or feed off others and then the music reminds them of who they are, and then when they 'rest' they go back to the real world where they belonged all this time. (we don't befriend them, they just wake up from the material world and go back to their own world where other spirits are and they don't cause us to suffer by haunting ships and abandoned ruins)

I think one of the themes of all the stories is the "memories" and "dreams" people have and in the sequel instead of having the dream come true it would be closer to coming back to reality. Why did the humans survive SW I? Was it because of technology? Or was it because they were lucky that the aliens were scared? What if hikaru never became a pilot and had never rescued minmay from the zentradi regult that almost stepped on her? Is it really just basara's music alone that can singlehandedly rescues people? What if he got shot or died? At some point you got to see the truth which is really somewhere between the two sides. The money basara doesn't make singing music is money needed to keep his valkyrie quick enough to dodge the alien fire. He is still using military tech to save his own butt from being hurt while he is singing because he wouldn't have enough money to buy this stuff himself. He can benefit from the technology and the humans can benefit from his creativity and music and at the end of the day not all zentradi became convinced through minmay's singing in SW 1.

One of the things I liked about macross II was how the characters were a lot more cynical and the minmay defense was not a perfect thing. They questioned whether the military should just get lazy and rely on that one little trick to save their butts all the time and in a sense it tried to bring macross back down to being a real robot show and not just about singing = automatic win.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

• 3 weeks later...

Signature TV-anime "Macross 30"TV production like!

The people who agree with Macross video, site approval signature by all means at all costs!

Macross signed English site

http://translate.goo...3D6Ni3KZE6xt8zQ

Created a signature commercial activities because of the fans around the

world people have hope that the creation of the new Macross series.

YouTube - Macross Commercial

Edited by Mari-ja

• 1 month later...

30記念日はまだ来年ですね?

Perhaps, but...

The 30th anniversary of the birth OF ME is in just over two weeks! WHY NO MESSAGE OR VIDEO OR SIGN PETITION??

Edit -- "Is this a dagger I see before me..?"

Edited by Renato

Perhaps, but...

The 30th anniversary of the birth OF ME is in just over two weeks! WHY NO MESSAGE OR VIDEO OR SIGN PETITION??

Edit -- "Is this a dagger I see before me..?"

Birthday wish, up to 30 days. I have the time to be pleased and heartful!

I just want more macross, so I'm in. :lol:

indeed, a remake of SDF MACROSS, heavily modeled off MACROSS; THE FIRST,

with the best of today's production values, would be a most smashing idea, IMO...

Edited by Shaorin

How the hell have I not heard of that first song until now?

Dude, you missedt he re.fire album? Came out a couple years ago around the same time as Ultimate Frontier (PSP Game).

As THERE IS going to be an animated project based on Gundam Origins (apparently, though they only revealed it a few days ago, they've been working on it for a year now), the possibility for a future Macross the First animated project are concrete. Maybe for the 35th anniversary...

Edited by nexxstrait