music differences between VO and VOXP?

charliewinds

i've finished reading the entirety of this thread.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=6412

VOXP have less running problem, better option on control (which you can actually pick and choose). VOXP also have a rearrange animation clip, no different from the original VO just rearrange animation no more or less. Yet there was an older thread talk about it,

and this:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=8519&pid=153394&st=0entry153394

Differences:

1) Macross VOXP have rearrange the beginning animation , only rearrange no more or less.

2) Macross VOXP have a bunch of bugs fix, ex. better hit & miss count, fix pixel problem, window XP run time problem and more.

3) Joystick control option in Macross VOXP enable you to pick every key as option which VO doesn't.

4) Better network play in VOXP then VO (crash quite often when too many ppl are playing ~6ppl)

5) VOXP also have 2 add on skin for your game play. (VF-1D & VT-1 'Super Ostrich' )

6) "Flare" option durring game play to dodge enemy missles.

Similarities:

1) Pretty much the same game, VOXP just a bug fix verison for windows XP with some add on.

2) Same amount of levels and graphics

and at VO hanger:

The article mentions that there will be no changes in the campaign mode, graphics, game modes, etc.

why does everyone here says that version differences are only limited to the video intro and minor graphics improvement ingame? and for so many years too?!

my disc image 430mb verison of the original macross VO doesn't even have a single music track that is anything...that is even an ounce of what VOXP has, infact, ALL the music in my copy are those AWFUL macross original tv series music, with the intro accompanied by a horrendous non vocal trumpet version of "MAAAAAA--CROOOOOSSS!!! MAAAAAA--CROOOOOSSS!!!!! DAAAAAAA-DA!!!"

and yet, everyone, everyone is claiming that the difference between VOXP and VO, aside from the rearranged intro, shinier VFs, and the added lobby feature, have no other significant difference, and...well, go figure! and indeed, why is that so?

am i the one who's missing something here? my VO verison seems to be the super happy torrent bundle everybody elses here has. so my question is, why hasn't anyone noticed it? VOXP and VO clearly has differences in music! and the ones in VO are just terrible, they are AWFUL! and they're not the same as VOXP!

so why do ppl still keep on saying, even on that robocrap forum, that these 2 have are largely the same?

i'm absolutely sure i don't have the robocrap x spanish x "WII WILL $HIT!" x robocrap total crap mod verison, again = mine is downloaded from the bundle on TPB and I$OHUNT, its 430mb.

but if i'm wrong, do let me know and i'll take back everything i just said.

[EDITED UPDATE]

google translate:

MACross VOXP (Windows 98/Me/XP)

(VO) in June 2001, (VOXP) launched in July 2002. BOTHTEC. CD-ROM. 7800 yen.

3D flight shooting. Other training mode and Campaign mode protection is provided up to eight people play online. "VOXP" minor upgrade version of Windows XP that adds support and additional elements.

"VO" As the first award of the Nichimo VF-1S (Walk Guide, Battroid) Model has been shipped .

Edited by charliewinds