GI Joe 30th Anniversary Line Fall 2011

Yeah, I know GI Joe doesn't perfectly follow the real military, but the custom markings for the pilots should go on the nose, not the tail. IMHO, don't replace the tail stickers---add them to the nose. That's how it's been done since the early days.

PS--the Skystriker has always had its weaponry layout wrong. Basically--put nothing where Hasbro says, and you'll be correct. :)

Yeah, I know GI Joe doesn't perfectly follow the real military, but the custom markings for the pilots should go on the nose, not the tail. IMHO, don't replace the tail stickers---add them to the nose. That's how it's been done since the early days.

PS--the Skystriker has always had its weaponry layout wrong. Basically--put nothing where Hasbro says, and you'll be correct. :)

Yup, plus the Snake Eyes markings wouldn't even show up on the tailfins.

As for weaponry layout, agreed. Problem is, the pylons/hardpoints are in the wrong areas, the only one that matches is the glove pylon, if that. I wish the middle canopy frame would've been removed too, as having the seat positioned directly under it doesn't make sense.

Dammit why is the Snake Eyes POC 1101 so dang hard to find.

It is a sea of Destros and Dukes around here.

They're losing money if you count all the people like you and I who would be collecting this line if the toys were possible to find.

How's this for a nice skystriker custom:http://www.joecustoms.com/customs/customs_specific_item.php?kind=vehicle&id=880

How about this?

Custom Modern Era XP-14F Skystriker/F-14D Super Tomcat/Bombcat Conversion

Dammit why is the Snake Eyes POC 1101 so dang hard to find.It is a sea of Destros and Dukes around here.

He's starting to show up at Walmart since they've been getting revision cases in.

Dammit why is the Snake Eyes POC 1101 so dang hard to find.

It is a sea of Destros and Dukes around here.

I got two of them and saw 3 at a store once and haven't seen a new figure on the shelves since Feb.

Sky Striker XP21F Preview

Added the Snake Eyes sticker aft of the cockpit...more for the symbolism rather than the name, I would never have Snake Eyes himself piloting any of my aircraft. Used the alternate yellow/black trim. The front windscreen stickers do not have cutouts...I manually cut a piece off to make room but still had creases.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Nice review, Shin.

I wasn't feeling it at first, but the yellow and black trim reminds me a certain sempai's iconic ride. Still gonna go with the red and black trim, but it was tempting.

Hopefully, this bird will look good with it's panel lines filled in too.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice review, Shin.

I wasn't feeling it at first, but the yellow and black trim reminds me a certain sempai's iconic ride. Still gonna go with the red and black trim, but it was tempting.

Hopefully, this bird will look good with it's panel lines filled in too.

Thanks man! Also...to make it look like the Roy Focker special...

Post Your Sky Striker Sticker Suggestions For Cobrastickers.com

Wow, killer review man. I don't think I've ever seen a 'mag have a review that deep. In any case, a lucky friend picked one up for me-haven't seen them anywhere since then. I haven't taken it out because I actually dig the box...

Credit Hisstank for this one, but if you go on Target.com, you'll find that they have the Sky Striker listed on it.

Now of course, it's currently out of stock at the online store. But if you click the "Find it at a Target store" link and input your zip code or City, State combo, they'll tell you which Target stores have them!!! It'll even say whether they're in stock, limited stock, or out of stock at the specific Target location.

That's how I was able to pick mine up.

When I first saw the box, I was a little worried that the plane would be a bit on the small side (especially when I considered the size of the Phantom X-19).

But once full assembled and out of the box?

Damn, that bird got some good size to her!! B))

I've already panel-lined her, painted in a few details, and put a few custom touches on mine. Once I get a free moment, I'll post some pictures up.

I found a simple and easy cosmetic mod for the Skystriker intakes. The lack of turbine fans inside the intakes bothered me. Luckily, Hasbro has some molded on the front of the removable engine tubes.

So just remove the engine and cut about 1/4 inch off at the front. Then trim the sides of the turbine fan so you can pop the fans into the front of the intakes.

dsc1799s.jpg

dsc1798h.jpg

This is actually one of my main annoyances with valk toys---the fans are WAY too far forward, going off of both lineart and real planes. Real fighter planes (like the F-14) do not have their engines mounted right behind the intake lips. There's many feet of intake trunking. Most fighter planes--you see nothing/darkness when looking into an intake. Unless you take a flashlight or the sun is at just the right angle---the compressor fans are too deep inside to see.

PS--not turbines. Compressors. The turbines would (possibly) be visible when looking from the rear. Never visible from the front.

Wow, killer review man. I don't think I've ever seen a 'mag have a review that deep. In any case, a lucky friend picked one up for me-haven't seen them anywhere since then. I haven't taken it out because I actually dig the box...

Thanks man, the photoshoot and review took a couple hours to complete, felt like a marathon. Very sturdy toy, fun to play with.