Variable Fighter Master File VF-25 Messiah

Bet it won't come out on schedule. None of the other books in the series have............LOL!

Probably end up being released in July!

Wonder if this means the VF-4/VF-3000/VF-5000 book is a hoax or just planned for later.

Graham

Haha, I knew this would be the next one. It was only a matter of time. Hopefully it will include some good YF-24/YF-24 Evolution info too, since all we get in the show is a top and side profile.

I hope they do the VF-4/3k/5k book too. I would probably expect it to be next after this one.

Hmm, remember all the people saying the VF-19 book would be the last one in the series....?

Haha, I knew this would be the next one. It was only a matter of time. Hopefully it will include some good YF-24/YF-24 Evolution info too, since all we get in the show is a top and side profile.

This is pretty much guaranteed, as both the VF-1 and VF-19 books have spent multiple pages on their immediate predecessors and development (so, expect something on the YF-25, too).

I hope they do the VF-4/3k/5k book too. I would probably expect it to be next after this one.

It would be nice, but I'm considering it a joke publication. I think something on the VF-17/171 or VF-11 is more likely.

Isn't canonically SMS the only people who field the Messiah? How are they going to introduce variants and new colour schemes?

No. Canonically, the Macross F fleet is the only one that fields the Messiah (SMS is testing it in combat for eventual adoption by MF's NUNS).

That said, I've translated/read somewhere that if an Emigrant Fleet or Planet comes up with a working design, they have to transmit the plans to the rest (Monkey Model or otherwise). Macross Galaxy has gotten around this by not officially announcing the existence of the VF-27, claiming it's an in-development YF-27; and as the plans for YF craft don't need to be transmitted, you can start to appreciate why the VF-25 was at a major disadvantage when facing the VF-27.

Bet it won't come out on schedule. None of the other books in the series have............LOL!

Probably end up being released in July!

Wonder if this means the VF-4/VF-3000/VF-5000 book is a hoax or just planned for later.

Graham

I hope that book isn't a hoax, the 3000 kicks ass, I LOVE that design! Looks more like an F-14 turned VF moreso than the VF-0/1 already do. Plus I like these books, the more volumes, the better!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

March 30th, 31st.

Note: this will most likely be delayed.

NOT because the publisher has consistently rolled back publication dates on the preceding 3 books in the series, but because of the affects of the earthquake and the backlog of publications (there's one weekly that I follow which wasn't on the shelves earlier this week).

Note: this will most likely be delayed.

NOT because the publisher has consistently rolled back publication dates on the preceding 3 books in the series, but because of the affects of the earthquake and the backlog of publications (there's one weekly that I follow which wasn't on the shelves earlier this week).

Indeed, Amazon now lists it for May 2nd :mellow:

Indeed, Amazon now lists it for May 2nd :mellow:

To be honest, I don't think it's because of the earthquake. The creative staff are either overambitious in their initial deadline estimates, or get bogged down with other stuff and can't complete their assignments by the deadline. These month - 2 month delays have been consistent from the start of this series. T.T It sucks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sherly @ Alto~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2064年のシェリルは一時的にオリンピア船団に活動拠点を置いている。

個人専用VF護衛部隊を雇っていて、ツアー中はパイロットもSSとして行動を共にし、コンサートで上空飛行を披露。

機番は#1123と#727の2機。

アルトの偽名は上草シオン大尉で、「Vexation」(=不快の原因)を日本音にあてたものらしい。

24582_9db16ad606f6484222c66610d872e989.jpg

24582_0fc70ffa72fbca722e566c4acba317ce.jpg

Sherly @ Alto~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2064年のシェリルは一時的にオリンピア船団に活動拠点を置いている。

個人専用VF護衛部隊を雇っていて、ツアー中はパイロットもSSとして行動を共にし、コンサートで上空飛行を披露。

機番は#1123と#727の2機。

アルトの偽名は上草シオン大尉で、「Vexation」(=不快の原因)を日本音にあてたものらしい。

24582_9db16ad606f6484222c66610d872e989.jpg

24582_0fc70ffa72fbca722e566c4acba317ce.jpg

SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED in the disclaimer that the back of the book not to be part of the "Official setting" of Macross... :wacko:

By the way, I picked up the book today. Very brief run-downs on the FAST and Armored Packs (and nothing about the VF-27) give me hope that we'll see another Messiah volume later on.

Again, the little typy stuff is too tough for me to read, so I'll let others handle that and just groove on the artwork...

By the way, I picked up the book today. Very brief run-downs on the FAST and Armored Packs (and nothing about the VF-27) give me hope that we'll see another Messiah volume later on.

Again, the little typy stuff is too tough for me to read, so I'll let others handle that and just groove on the artwork...

What's the image to text ratio like? That last Space Wing book was a tad too much text for a non-speaker/reader like myself.

I forgot to mention it in my post above, but my question was aimed at you, Gubaba. The mobile version of the site didn't have a quote button and I was typing from my phone. :lol:

Ah. Please forgive me if I'm still a little annoyed at the hatchet job you pulled on me in the other thread a while back. ^_^

Anyway, yeah...lineart of the YF-24, and a section devoted to it, but no detailed schematics. And I *may* be mistaken, but it *looks* like they don't draw a distinction between the YF-24 and and the YF-24 Evolution.

Ah. Please forgive me if I'm still a little annoyed at the hatchet job you pulled on me in the other thread a while back. ^_^

Anyway, yeah...lineart of the YF-24, and a section devoted to it, but no detailed schematics. And I *may* be mistaken, but it *looks* like they don't draw a distinction between the YF-24 and and the YF-24 Evolution.

I'm still sorry about that, it was mostly a misunderstanding (especially on my part).

Anyway, ah, I see. Hmm, drat, I was hoping we'd get to see more of the camel YF-24 with the hump. Oh well.

Thanks, Gubaba!

Anyway, ah, I see. Hmm, drat, I was hoping we'd get to see more of the camel YF-24 with the hump. Oh well.

Likewise... I was rather hoping that Master File would shed some more light on the YF-24, and maybe give us a look at its battroid mode. Just ordered my copy an hour or so ago, so I should have it before next Friday.:D

Is the Tornado Pack for the VF-25 covered in the book at all?

No.

Ah, that's kind of disappointing... I was hoping for detailed coverage of the Super, Armored, and Tornado packs. ESPECIALLY for the Super packs, since they've never actually shown the alternate armament loadings for that which replace the micro-missile launchers with beam cannons or reaction warhead containers. If it's not an imposition, do they show/talk about that at all?

Also, any mention or pics of the YF-29?

Yes.

Hm... not too surprising, is it just a brief mention like the VF-4/VF-3000/VF-5000 got, or is there some actual length and detail to it?

(I only just got the "Your package shipped" notice for my copy, so I've got a couple days yet before I can dig into it)

Is the Tornado Pack for the VF-25 covered in the book at all?

Scratch my earlier response... There IS a page about the Tornado Pack. I missed it before because there's no lineart or diagrams of it (nor for the Armored Pack).