Would you buy a 'Macross The First' VF-1J?

Graham

Would you buy a 'Macross the First' version Yamato 1/60 VF-1J?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a 'Macross the First' version Yamato 1/60 VF-1J?

• Yes.
    • No.

As this is a "Market Research" post, I want to take this opportunity to yell for

- PHALANX (you owe me this one Yamato)

- SPARTAN (ditto to a lesser extent)

- SDF TV version (I believe the SDF DYRL has been doing well)

- Niche item I believe, but I don't mind an 1/60 DYRL cannon fodder VF-1A

- VF-1S Minmay Guards (both) (One can always hope)

- Reactive Armor (I don't mind to get an extra VF-0S if they decide to make it a combo... Bandai did this for VF-25S Armored)

And I believe if they make GNU Regult and Glaug, they would sell okay.

I'd buy it. I like the head sculpt and the paint scheme is fine. If I can buy a purple(vF27) and pink(VF-22M) valk there is no reason to poo on an a valk with orange on it.:lol:

At least it's not another repaint guys :)

Edited by logos

I'll buy one if they can make the credit card valk (1/48) that I couldn't buy.

Remember in SDFM when people swore they saw a black valkyrie in a hangar and they called it a stealth valk? (then people said it was just a valkyrie in shadow?

Well I want that valk to be official valk in the canon of the story.

Some guy actually used a black valkyrie and he was a spec ops battroid that would be called in ahead of the others to find enemy weak spots and he would have had to receive special training to go in quiet. (some distraction was needed to hide him similar to the battlepod attack on the sdf-1 on earth.

It's has to be a vf-1j because I think that the face and visor look like a ninja wearing a night vision goggle of some sort. Kinda like the guy on the poster for alien vs ninja but with goggles. It doesn't work as well with 1A.

• 1 year later...

Hell yeah I would buy one! Don't listen to the naysayers, Yamato! They smell and their mothers dress them funny. Listen to me instead! B))

Edited by xrentonx

We all know that the 1/48 is dead, but with enough demand, hopefully they will resurrect it. :D

The only way I'll ever support a revival of the 1/48 line is if they make a V2 version of it that fixes the low hanging shoulders in fighter mode. Otherwise, let it stay dead.

-Kyp

IF by some reason they made it in 1/48, I'd be out. There's no need for me to buy multiple lines of these, and I'm not about to start up collecting another line. It would be a big disappointment for those that sold their 1/48 line, those that don't collect the 1/48 line, and overall, the 1/48 line would still be incomplete. I would be interested in those fast packs that were recently shown as well. While not as glamorous and iconic as the originals, it'd be a cool upgrade.

What if it's a 1/48 V2? I still dream of such a thing. That line wouldn't need to be complete but if it had the production quality of today's Yamato offerings plus more bells and whistles, more points of articulation, etc... anyway, if they went that route I'd hope they'd give us the original Mac toys before anything Macross the First.

Based on the first model pics I wouldn't. Looks bug like and game robotized.

But that's just it - its a small scale model, only indicative of the final product.

A MTF 1/60 Valk would JUST be a new head sculpt and new paint job.

And of course they'd base the sculpt of the like art NOT the model, which is limited in detail only due to scale.

You know what, I may just make a new head via shapeways. Boom, problem solved. Who's up for that?

But that's just it - its a small scale model, only indicative of the final product.

A MTF 1/60 Valk would JUST be a new head sculpt and new paint job.

And of course they'd base the sculpt of the like art NOT the model, which is limited in detail only due to scale.

You know what, I may just make a new head via shapeways. Boom, problem solved. Who's up for that?

I'd get one...plus how about a VF-1D MtF head and a 1/3000 scale Prometheus and Daedelus to make a MtF SDF-1 using Yamato's DYRL SDF-1.......

Personally I love the original 1D head - it was the first ever valkyrie transform - so it holds a special place in my heart, so not sure if I'd ever make one - and for the SDF, I'd need one on hand for measurements, scaling, attachment points and what not, and I aint going to spend that much on a kit!

I voted yes on this thing but really haven't had a chance to give any input.

I think the head design is really awesome, as is the paint. It isn't a hugely different paint job, but I sometimes find the original VF-1 paint to be a little boring. I still haven't pulled the trigger on a new 1/60 V2, but I'd buy this in a heart beat regardless if it'd be my first or my 5th.

• 2 weeks later...

If Yamato made it, how many of you would be interested in buying a 'Macross the First' version 1/60 scale V2 VF-1J Hikaru?

Please refer to the attached photos of converted Wave (battroid) and Hasegawa (fighter) kits, to see the color scheme and new head.

Also as I haven't read the manga, can somebody please let me know if a new pilot sculpt would be required, or is the flight suit and helmet standard TV or DYRL type?

Graham

...and NO on this too? ;)