Most Desired 1/60 VF-19 Excalibur

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Which VF-19 Excalibur do you want to see most in 1/60 scale?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Which VF-19 Excalibur do you want to see most in 1/60 scale?

• YF-19(all new mold AKA V2 1/60 YF-19)/VF-19A
    • VF-19F
    • VF-19S Blazer Valkyrie
    • VF-19P
    • VF-19E
    • VF-19EF/EFs Caliburn
    • VF-19ACTIVE Nothung

I was mistaken, there are images of the VF-19E in the Master Files book, I checked yesterday. Basically the Fire Valkyrie airframe with VF-19F head.

Yup, that's why I love it. Keeps everthing we love about the Kai's design (overall airframe) and tosses what many don't like (the head, color scheme, and guitar)

Looks like I'm still the only one that wants one though. :( Really want them all just the E seems a kick and easy repop of the Kai but in military colors not McDonalds.

Chris

the yf-19 would require pretty much a complete resculpt of the vf-19. If we're talking just design and tooling costs the MF VF-19 variants would be much cheaper to do since we're talking about 60% or so new molds but the question is how much demand is there for them?

I see.

I guess you're right in that it's cheaper for Yamato to make M7 VF-19 variants, since they're molds that haven't been made before. As for whether there's demand for them or not, I'd say the YF-19 would probably win in a popularity contest. I haven't watched M7, so I've no idea if any notable characters have piloted the variants before, but IRRC from several Macross sites, they were primarily used by support characters, since Basara's got his Fire Kai, and Gamlin has his VF-17 for the TV series, and the VF-22S Sturmvogel II in Mac7 Dynamite.

Personally, I'd be more likely to buy a V2 YF-19 than a VF-19 variant. The design of the latter just don't appeal to me all that much.

She flies the VF-19ACTIVE

My bad. Thanks for the correction, man.

Nope, she flies the ACTIVE. Want me to alter the votes to correct it?

Yes, please. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing the latest Fire Valk pics from Wonder Festival, while the VF-19E isn't what I'd want to see most, I'd still like to see it nonetheless. A Fire Valk in military colors plus the VF-19F's head.....that has potential right there, and it's very easy to pull off once Yamato tools up the VF-19F. I think a VF-19E is inevitable.

• 3 weeks later...

The VF-19 E is growing on me. I think I'd get one if Yamato were to go all the way with it and make it just like the line art and not half assed like the conversion kit photos we've seen. Kawamori's version has shorter wings, verniers in lieu of the hybrid sensors, etc. Overall I think it's a very original and interesting redesign intended specifically for space operations which is cool.

The VF-19 E is growing on me. I think I'd get one if Yamato were to go all the way with it and make it just like the line art and not half assed like the conversion kit photos we've seen. Kawamori's version has shorter wings, verniers in lieu of the hybrid sensors, etc. Overall I think it's a very original and interesting redesign intended specifically for space operations which is cool.

Are you talking about the green/olive VF-19EF? It's grown on me as well.

• 4 weeks later...