Yamato Sale Part Duex

BlueMax

Dayum... a bit tight, but definitely drooling at the Max VF-22... and thinking I want another Gamlin. My favorite valk... gotta have a spare. :D And kinda want to do a custom Diamond Force team, but that would mean 2 more Gamrin's and repainting that yellow blue... :ph34r: .

Can't resist and finally gotten a Max VF-22S. Been holding back since October.. Should be a heavy month as my PO SDF-1 is coming soon..

Likewise. It's my first variable fighter that isn't from the original series or DYRL.

Picked up a VF-1A Cannon fodder which was very cheap. I was happy enough with the J but the colour was a bit off, so at this price it was too hard to resist.

I've held off on these purchases for a while because I always take a customs hit when they are sent by HLJ and EMS is really the only safe option. FedEx stings me as well. Such is the magnitude of this sale, it's still a new year bargain.

The TV Roy was so, so tempting I have to admit.

Ugh - just when I resisted the other sale, this one starts!

Okay, so I'm eyeing the 1/60 versions of the VF-0A, VT-1 (Super Ostrich), and VF-1S (Roy TV version).

After looking through the "What's wrong with my Yamato..." thread, it looks like the VF-0 line has problems in loose shoulders and cracking plastic. I assume that is still the case with this one? Are there any problems that I should be aware of on the other two - I know the 1/60 VF-1 had some problems with the shoulder joint as well (I have a VF-1A), but has that been fixed in this version?

Also, reading through that thread - it sure would be nice if there was a thread like the "Macross Toy Release" pinned thread that just had a list of valks and possible issues/fixes. I tried doing searches on VF-0A and the search told me it couldn't find any results. :(

Please someone convince me to buy or not buy this!

Ugh - just when I resisted the other sale, this one starts!

Okay, so I'm eyeing the 1/60 versions of the VF-0A, VT-1 (Super Ostrich), and VF-1S (Roy TV version).

After looking through the "What's wrong with my Yamato..." thread, it looks like the VF-0 line has problems in loose shoulders and cracking plastic. I assume that is still the case with this one? Are there any problems that I should be aware of on the other two - I know the 1/60 VF-1 had some problems with the shoulder joint as well (I have a VF-1A), but has that been fixed in this version?

Also, reading through that thread - it sure would be nice if there was a thread like the "Macross Toy Release" pinned thread that just had a list of valks and possible issues/fixes. I tried doing searches on VF-0A and the search told me it couldn't find any results. :(

Please someone convince me to buy or not buy this!

buy, buy, buy!!! :D

afaik, the exploding shoulders on the 1st release of the 0A and S have been addressed/fixed with the reissues so you're good there.

as far as the 2 VF-1s you like, the VT-1 reportedly still has the knurled shoulder pins that might make it susceptible to the hinges cracking, but based on what i've read here, it has been rare. what i don't know is if the ones hlj is selling now are reissues and not part of the 1st release. if they're reissues, the issue with the shoulder pins might've been already fixed.

for the VF-1S tv roy, you have nothing to worry about, as this valk already has the smooth shoulder pins installed in them.

hope this helps! :)

Well don't bother saving for a PSP the PSP 2 is most likely coming out by the end of the year so buy your toys now and save for the other stuff later!:lol:

Thanks for the tip, though I'm no early adopter anyway. The PSP barely has a chance on that debate. ^_^

buy, buy, buy!!! :D

afaik, the exploding shoulders on the 1st release of the 0A and S have been addressed/fixed with the reissues so you're good there.

as far as the 2 VF-1s you like, the VT-1 reportedly still has the knurled shoulder pins that might make it susceptible to the hinges cracking, but based on what i've read here, it has been rare. what i don't know is if the ones hlj is selling now are reissues and not part of the 1st release. if they're reissues, the issue with the shoulder pins might've been already fixed.

for the VF-1S tv roy, you have nothing to worry about, as this valk already has the smooth shoulder pins installed in them.

hope this helps! :)

I bought a first release VF-0S from mwf member, moose. No locking feet mechanism but it's still great. No exploding shoulders or even a stress mark. My DYRL VF-1S Roy with Super/strike and the rest of my V2 do not have any problems with shoulder hinge. Only yammie crap I found was the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru 2nd release, both hip intake cracked and some parts of it broke while I was bringing down the legs. I've glued it back, transformed again recently to have it's right hip intake broke into 2 again. More patients and super glue fixed the leg for now.. (It's in Urban Camo GBP now)

Sales are in the crapper that's why Yamato is trying to clear out inventory and recoup money...

With the already high prices for their toys not to mention the high yen vs. dollar....maybe..... they are learning that their asking prices were getting a bit high.

Chris

With the already high prices for their toys not to mention the high yen vs. dollar....maybe..... they are learning that their asking prices were getting a bit high.

Chris

Yeah this day and age I don't know too many people that can afford to collect macross valks. Just look at all the people waiting for big sales now. I just bought a monster but only cause it was 30% off. I suspect in the future you will see a change in how these things are produced and sold for by both bandai and Yamato

Yeah this day and age I don't know too many people that can afford to collect macross valks. Just look at all the people waiting for big sales now. I just bought a monster but only cause it was 30% off. I suspect in the future you will see a change in how these things are produced and sold for by both bandai and Yamato

We're already seeing that with the recent wave of web-exclusives.

I hate that I'm apart of the group that isn't able to purchase without there being massive discounts. While I may be able to save some much needed coin it means that I'm contributing to an issue that may come back to bite us in the tail when our next favorite item is some 200 unit limited run.

I'm truly annoyed that one of my favorite hobbies has to be tempered by real-world economics.

-b.

It's just a reality we have to deal with and to be fair I am very fortunate I can even afford luxuries as toys and still save comfortably for retirement. I did of course stop collecting Other lines so I could afford more macross toys. It is what it is.

It's just a reality we have to deal with

That is what is so sad about the day counter on HLJ. I went over 260 days since last purchase and then jumped in on the last websale for the GNU VF-11, YF-19 and YF-21 fastpacks. The last big purchase, non HLJ, was a Bandai YF-25 last month and it will be my last for sometime to come. Really wish it would get a general release.

I'm about to cave but need some advice:

Do I get a VF-0A for $140, an SV-51 for $150, or an Ingram for $165?

I can only afford 1 and I can't decide :wacko:

You could save yourself the trouble and just buy my loose SV-51 Nora from me Definitely cheaper than HLJ rigt now. :lol:B)) Seriously, buy mine.

haven't gotten mine yet. i ordered friday morning. i did get 2 emails though, the first one that you get automatically when you place an order and the second one that confirms the item/s for you and it already shows up on my acct as a pending order.

Patiently waiting at the two email state also. Cannon fodder is low stock now. Getting slightly concerned about that. The Max 22S seems to be holding firm. I thought that would be the one to sell out first.

I'd be curious to find out just how successful a sale this has been for HLJ and Yamato (assuming they are clearing stock reserves by letting HLJ buy cheap and sell cheap. ) Looks like they'll clear a helluva lot of merchandise if this thread is anything to go by and a similar response is given by the other Macross forums around the world.

If you make quality pieces like those v2 Valks half-price, then fans will buy something, even if they don't really *need* it.

haven't gotten mine yet. i ordered friday morning. i did get 2 emails though, the first one that you get automatically when you place an order and the second one that confirms the item/s for you and it already shows up on my acct as a pending order.

Sounds like we're all in the same boat. I ordered Thursday night and got my confirmation Friday morning. I'm biting my nails over a few items I've ordered.

I really don't want any more macross stuff for now, I'm trying to expand my collection. I just ordered a 1/24 Patlabor command car from hlj though, I also got a unit 1 ingram from low-alt right here on MW, now if hlj had a 1/24 unit 2 ingram on sale, it would be all mine.