54 members have voted

1. 1. So will it be any good?

• New creative team. It will be awesome. Yo Joe!
    • It's going to suck. It'll probably still star Capt. Grid-Iron and the Eco Warriors--in black!
    • But I liked Capt. Grid-Iron and the Eco Warriors. And black goes well with everything. Bring Sommers back!
    • *Snake Eyes*

Was that freaking Rattler? Ok I am now sold seeing that in there.

So Duke, who it sounds like dies in the first few minute (YEAH!!!) gets a figure and nothing yet seen of the Flint, Jinx, Joa Coltron, or Lady Jaye figures, come on Hasbro.

Was that freaking Rattler? Ok I am now sold seeing that in there.

So Duke, who it sounds like dies in the first few minute (YEAH!!!) gets a figure and nothing yet seen of the Flint, Jinx, Joa Coltron, or Lady Jaye figures, come on Hasbro.

People say that's the Rattler, but I think it's either that or the transport jet that the Joes are flying in.

How so?

Because, she's the only Joe figure so far produced to have them, and we hadn't seen any evidence that they'd be used on any other figures.

On a somewhat related note, Hisstank has higher res images up now, and I'm not happy to see that not only do most of the figures have single joint knees, but some of them have no ankle joints what so ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that Retaliation Lady Jaye looks horrid!

And can someone please explain to me why Jinx in her classic get-up is gonna be a super-hard-as-hell-to-find SDCC exclusive?

Lastly, regarding the Super Bowl trailer, it's okay. But the first one was so much better, and the music on the first one just meshed so much better with the on-screen action.

Watching Jon Chu talks about GI Joe2 , you can really sense his passion about the franchise. I'm so glad they chose him as a director. Wish I could say the same about Transformers. While I don't expect the movie to be anything more than a popcorn flick, I will still enjoy it a lot more than the first one.

Edited by Ivan

• 3 months later...

I don't think initially it had anything to do with 3D. The figures are out. It's a few weeks from release... Something is not right to decide a 3D conversion so late.

Unless they saw the Dollars racked up by Avengers and got really greedy.

Terrific. A film I was looking forward to delayed the better part of a year for a process I despise. I looove coroporate Hollywood. :rolleyes:

Edited by Penguin

A friend of mine who's in the industry told me it shouldn't take more than 2 to 6 months to convert a movie into 3D. Furthermore, since movies of this genre are all about reaping/raping money from people why didn't they design this movie to be 3D in the first place? Maybe they're going to CG more ninjas into the movie. You can never have enough ninjas...

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason for the delay was that Hasbro couldn't get the toyline out in time to support the movie. <_<

F*ckin' asinine, if the reason for the delay is to make it 3D.

Honestly, as a fan of the old comic books series, this was the movie I was secretly looking forward to the most this summer.

Seriously, someone should do a documentary or book entitled: Hasbro: How to Screw Yourselves from Making More Money and Alienate Your Fanbases in the Process.

Are the toys even out? Mog you're probably right about the toy thing-we should've started seeing the toys by now, but who knows. Again, based on what my friend said it shouldn't take more than 2 to 6 months to make it 3D; there's something else going on...

Are the toys even out? Mog you're probably right about the toy thing-we should've started seeing the toys by now, but who knows. Again, based on what my friend said it shouldn't take more than 2 to 6 months to make it 3D; there's something else going on...

The

(a red Dart Tag Furyfire with an added targeting sight) is out now. Other than that, I haven't seen any other toys for this film.

Anyone here want to make bets that someone's gonna do an X-Men Origins: Wolverine and leak an unfinished workprint of this movie online?

Can I blame Battleship instead? (half-serious, half-joking)

That crap film probably screwed over Hasbro so badly, that it f'ed up their plans for G.I. Joe 2.

DAMN YOU, RHIANNA!!

Regarding the toys, does anyone ever find any NEW Hasbro toys out at brick-and-motar stores anymore?! All I ever see are Artic Destros for GI Joe, Bumblebees for Transformers, and pegwarming Phantom Menace figures for Star Wars.

It's pathetic.

That was Rhianna in Battleship? Good Lord I knew I recognized that weird face somewhere, lol. Ah well. The next Aliens game and GI Joe movie won't be coming out 'till next year. Someone wake me up when it's time...

Weren't the toys on display at toy conventions all year? I'm sure the toys were ready.

'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Director Jon M. Chu on Not Shooting in 3D, Addressing Studio Notes (Hollywood Reporter)

So he's blaming the studio for short-changing him on funding and now he has to go back and edit it back into 3D.

Yeah, I would call BS on this whole debacle, if I had any plans on watching this flick.

At least one thing's for sure: it's guaranteed to come out before the next Robotech feature.

Oh damn, I had completely forgotten about that, lol...