54 members have voted

1. 1. So will it be any good?

• New creative team. It will be awesome. Yo Joe!
    • It's going to suck. It'll probably still star Capt. Grid-Iron and the Eco Warriors--in black!
    • But I liked Capt. Grid-Iron and the Eco Warriors. And black goes well with everything. Bring Sommers back!
    • *Snake Eyes*

No way in hell that Dreadnoks will appear. Zartan is disguised as the President. The minute the Dreadnoks show up they'll blow his cover. There is no logically way to explain why the President of the United States now has a gang of slightly retarded Australian bikers* as guest over at the white house.

*No offense to bikers. :p

I just saw the trailer and really enjoyed it.

Cobra Commander using the helmet closed and not a mask stolen from Anakin.

A mix of IDW comics with Resolute animated movie.

Although I do not know if you can overcome the first.

That to me was superior to Bayformers.

A simple script almost faithful to the original, not that thing full of effects that was not worth the ticket cleared in the a**.

Actually wanna see this more than Expendables. Bruce Willis, Ray Stevenson and the Rock... and yes... ninjas!

Wow...I dunno man, Expendables 1 was awesome and Chuck Norris and Van Damme are also in Expendables 2. Reason enough for me to watch.

I don't think Channing Tatum is in the movie for long, he wasn't mentioned much in the casting call sheets. Plus from the articles posted months earlier it seemed that Roadblock and Snake Eyes would be the main 2 characters focused on.

Wow...I dunno man, Expendables 1 was awesome and Chuck Norris and Van Damme are also in Expendables 2. Reason enough for me to watch.

I don't think Channing Tatum is in the movie for long, he wasn't mentioned much in the casting call sheets. Plus from the articles posted months earlier it seemed that Roadblock and Snake Eyes would be the main 2 characters focused on.

lol... ok.

After reading that I'll just skip both movies and wait for Acts Of Valor. Maybe that will suck too, but at least i won't know until I see it.

ive not bothered to look up sh*t about this but WHY do they feel the need desperation to have two A-gang 'actors' in a GIJoe film? Did the two 'main retards' from the previous film bow out during casting for this film (thus the why they are going with the 'kill-em-all-convienance' route?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Joe:_Retaliation

ok.... looks like they told the ONE retard 'sorry, cya. enjoy the royalties from the first film' at least....

still a desperation move if you got the Rock and Die Hard in it...

Edited by pensives_wetness

I absolutely despised the first movie. About the only thing they got right was the Baroness' ass.

But as a fan of the old Marvel comics GI Joe run, let me count the ways this new trailer has me intrigued:

• No accelerator suits;
  • Cobra Commander sporting his classic chrome faceplate look (and not that weird breathmask or glass facemask thingie);
  • Less science fiction-y elements, less techie weapons, and more good old fashioned BULLETS (ain't nothing wrong with science fiction, just not in a more military,action-based series like GI Joe);
  • More ninja action;
  • The new production crew took the only interesting plot point from the first movie (Zartan disguised as the President) and went full bore with it (Cobra flags draping the White House :blink: ); and
  • Better nods/homages for the old-school fans (Roadblock--and NOT Heavy Duty--rocking the Ma Deuce, Jinx fighting with a blindfold on).

It looks like the NEW production crew has a better understanding of what endears GI Joe to us old fans. Really, that's all you want from a movie adaptation: that the people behind the camera show enough love and respect to the original source material.

Granted, the movie may still suck ass. But at least, this trailer seems a lot more promising.

• 2 weeks later...

Less science fiction-y elements, less techie weapons, and more good old fashioned BULLETS (ain't nothing wrong with science fiction, just not in a more military,action-based series like GI Joe);

Not that I watched the cartoon much as I didn't like it even as a kid, but didn't they all shoot lasers in the cartoon and never hit anything? They must have attended the same school of marksmanship training as the A-Team..........LOL!

Graham

Not that I watched the cartoon much as I didn't like it even as a kid, but didn't they all shoot lasers in the cartoon and never hit anything? They must have attended the same school of marksmanship training as the A-Team..........LOL!

Graham

They were all trained by the Empire's finest stormtroopers.

Liked Resolute. Only thing I can't get past with this franchise are the cereal box endings spilling with a bit to much patriotism.

For once, I would like a dark ending, where Cobra wins, game over. Duke get's killed by a 50 calibur down his throat. Scarlett is given a slave Liea and is leashed as Cobra's new pet.

And hell, they blow up the white house and Oprah Winfrey! :D