Are there any speculations who might be the mother of Aegis FOcker? Surely not Claudia as he's snow white?

I think we're all still speculating on if the father is THAT Focker or not.

That said, if the father is Roy, and the mother is not Claudia, it doesn't matter who his mom is because we never met the girl.

Are there any speculations who might be the mother of Aegis FOcker?

"Focker, no relation" would be the best summary... he was born in 2024, though his family is not mentioned.

Surely not Claudia as he's snow white?

Nonsense, he'd look crummy in a blue and yellow dress...

I finished to see the 4 macross plus episodes wich i generally liked as they are visually beatiful, have a beatiful soundtrack and a general nice plot, but some things are really absurds and stupid in my opinion. Maybe somebody here have a better explanation for them?

1. Why is Myung angry with Isamu during the first 3 episodes? Looks obvious that she behave like if Isamu hurt badly her but in the last episode we discover that Isamu did nothing wrong and the bad guy was Guld.

2. The fight between Isamu and Guld in Macross city is absurd, why the buildings explode when they flight near them?? How many people did they kill during that fight? Can i assume Isamu passed the rest of his life in jail for carnage?

3. How can Isamu know that Guld was going to sacrifice himself and say "don t do that" to Guld if Guld was asking him if they could have a drink togheter later??

4. How can i fighter flight in a small circle so slowly as Isamu do in last scene of the 4th episode in front of Myung?

Safe bet this'll get merged into the Newbie and Short Question thread...

1. Why is Myung angry with Isamu during the first 3 episodes? Looks obvious that she behave like if Isamu hurt badly her but in the last episode we discover that Isamu did nothing wrong and the bad guy was Guld.

Basically, because she and Isamu used to be lovers and he ran away from home to join the military... though there's also a little bit of bitter jealousy there, since Isamu was able to follow his dream to fly and she wasn't able to follow hers to be a singer.

2. The fight between Isamu and Guld in Macross city is absurd, why the buildings explode when they flight near them?? How many people did they kill during that fight? Can i assume Isamu passed the rest of his life in jail for carnage?

Jet exhaust can be pretty damned destructive at short distances. At over 100 feet, jet exhaust from a single jet airliner engine can flip cars or toss a grown man around like a leaf in a storm. We're talking tornado-force winds. (There are several episodes of Mythbusters that explore this in some detail, including using jet turbines as an ersatz EF3 to EF5 tornado, and to recreate an incident where a taxi was thrown end over end after driving across an airport access road that ran behind an active runway.)

It's not at all surprising that the wake of two near-supersonic fighter jets could break glass at only a few dozen feet away. The exhaust velocities from thermonuclear reaction turbine engines are higher than those of a normal jet engine.

As for the destruction they caused, there's no mention of them having killed anyone (presumably the towers were evacuated when the attack alert came in, or the residents were away at the ceremony), and because Millard took the blame and the UN Spacy had to cover up the illegal hardware in the Ghost X-9, that kind of got swept under the rug. Isamu remained in the UN Spacy and served as one of the test pilots for the YF-24 program in 2057. As of 2059, he retired at the rank of Major and was flying for SMS.

3. How can Isamu know that Guld was going to sacrifice himself and say "don t do that" to Guld if Guld was asking him if they could have a drink togheter later??

His tone, and the way he phrased it.

4. How can i fighter flight in a small circle so slowly as Isamu do in last scene of the 4th episode in front of Myung?

Not sure what you're asking here? The YF-19 had an incredibly tight turning radius, but any VF can loiter almost indefinitely in GERWALK mode.

Seto beat me to it, but here are some more ramblings...

1. This old discussion should help too:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/?showtopic=33975
  2. It wasn't that absurd once Sharon Apple started to subjugated the entire city, including the defense grid and the new Ghost fighter. As to what happened to Isamu later...well Seto gave you all the details, and I didn't even know that Millard took the blame allowing Isamu to continue on. Cool. B))
  3. Remember that Guld, Isamu, and Myung were all good friends in high school---not strangers. Isamu was able to key into what his friend was saying. And I think it was only natural for him to worry about and respond to it. Why would he want to let either Guld or Myung die at that point? It think a lesser show might have had both of them survive somehow.
  4. I don't remember this. Was the YF-19 in Gerwalk mode? Valkyries can hover/change speed like that depending on the mode they're in, but that scene also could have simply been set in slow motion to create more of a dramatic effect.

I prefer the movie version, but my take on the questions:

1) Myung likes and dislikes Isamu for his attitude. The reverse is also true. This dynamic extends to Guld as well. All three of them also tend to misdirect their anger towards each other. You hurt the ones you love, and they all love each other in their own ways.

2) Artistic effect to showcase how fast they're going. In most countries around the world it's illegal to go supersonic except in specifically-defined zones and altitudes because the sonic boom that results can cause physical harm to the surroundings. (Also, video of the window-breaking phenomenon:)

And I believe it's implied if not stated outright that they're in an abandoned part of Macross City at that point, so no casualties.

3) I think the full exchange goes something like

Guld [struggling with the Ghost]: "It's no use. I have to remove the plane's limiters. [To Isamu:] Oy, Isamu. How's it going over there?"

Isamu: "It's going great! I even found Myung!"

Guld: "Is that so? [To both Isamu and Myung?:] I never had the chance to say: I'm sorry."

Isamu: "Hey!" [Here he infers what Guld will do.]

Guld: "I'll be done here soon. Was hoping to have a drink with you afterward."

Isamu [not wanting to accept that Guld will do what he thinks Guld will do]: "Yeah, sounds good."

Guld [as screen cuts to Myung, who's also coming to the same conclusion as Isamu]: "Here's a toast to our seven-year reunion. Well, then. I have to go now."

Isamu [his fears confirmed]: "Hey!"

Guld starts out the conversation knowing that he'll have to disengage the limiters, and more than likely die to take out the Ghost. He takes a few moments to say his final farewells, at which time Isamu and Myung realize what's going on. In the OVA he crashes into the Ghost a few moments later, but in the movie he chases it a little longer for dramatic effect.

4) Drama. There might be legitimate physical justifications, but mainly it's for dramatic effect.

EDIT:

[*]I don't remember this. Was the YF-19 in Gerwalk mode? Valkyries can hover/change speed like that depending on the mode they're in, but that scene also could have simply been set in slow motion to create more of a dramatic effect.

It's in fighter mode with its landing gear deployed.
Edited by kajnrig

<snip>

4) Drama. There might be legitimate physical justifications, but mainly it's for dramatic effect.

EDIT:

It's in fighter mode with its landing gear deployed.

Thank you, kajnrig. ^_^ I'll have to watch Plus again soon. Mostly because it's good, but also to brush up on these smaller details.

As for the destruction they caused, there's no mention of them having killed anyone (presumably the towers were evacuated when the attack alert came in, or the residents were away at the ceremony), and because Millard took the blame and the UN Spacy had to cover up the illegal hardware in the Ghost X-9, that kind of got swept under the rug. Isamu remained in the UN Spacy and served as one of the test pilots for the YF-24 program in 2057. As of 2059, he retired at the rank of Major and was flying for SMS.

I heard somewhere that the city they fought in was abandoned because all its residents left on the colonization ships though I dont know how true that is.

Makes sense given how deserted the city was and how little to no backlash there was for the destruction. Though Plus did sorta end abruptly before we could find out for sure but if Isamu being a Major with the SMS is any indication maybe just a slap on the wrist and a dock in pay was all that happened or maybe he joined the SMS to pay for the damages and is still paying for them to this day.

I'd always assumed isamu was discharged after that incident but not criminally charge because he saved the day. When he showed up in sms that really made sense to me. It would be the way he could fly for a living. But alas apparently it didn't go down that way.

This is the first I heard about Millard taking the blame. Do we know what his punishment was?

I heard somewhere that the city they fought in was abandoned because all its residents left on the colonization ships though I dont know how true that is.

Makes sense given how deserted the city was and how little to no backlash there was for the destruction. Though Plus did sorta end abruptly before we could find out for sure but if Isamu being a Major with the SMS is any indication maybe just a slap on the wrist and a dock in pay was all that happened or maybe he joined the SMS to pay for the damages and is still paying for them to this day.

Doesn't seem like Isamu had to pay out at all... given that he was apparently flush enough with cash to bankroll the development of the VF-19ADVANCE in the 2050's after retiring from the New UN Forces as a Major. He literally supplied his own plane when he joined SMS.

I'd always assumed isamu was discharged after that incident but not criminally charge because he saved the day. When he showed up in sms that really made sense to me. It would be the way he could fly for a living. But alas apparently it didn't go down that way.

This is the first I heard about Millard taking the blame. Do we know what his punishment was?

... I'm really surprised that people don't remember Millard taking the blame. He actually talks to Lucy about it shortly after Guld departs to chase Isamu in the OVA.

Doesn't seem like Isamu had to pay out at all... given that he was apparently flush enough with cash to bankroll the development of the VF-19ADVANCE in the 2050's after retiring from the New UN Forces as a Major. He literally supplied his own plane when he joined SMS.

... I'm really surprised that people don't remember Millard taking the blame. He actually talks to Lucy about it shortly after Guld departs to chase Isamu in the OVA.

1.) He funded the dev of the ADVANCE himself? Sheesh.

2.) I don't think that scene was in the OVA, only in the movie. If people have only seen the OVA, it's understandable they wouldn't know that. I could be wrong, though. That being said, his willingness to take the blame doesn't necessarily mean that he does. It wouldn't have surprised me if Isamu did suffer some fallout from the incident regardless of Millard's cover-up.

EDIT:

Wow, reading through even just the first page of the linked thread is all sorts of enlightening. A bunch of ways to interpret the incident between Isamu/Myung/Guld seven years ago that I never even considered. Really fun reading. In the end I don't think it matters too much the specifics of what happened, because the story being told doesn't call for those specifics, but it sure is interesting to think about.

Except that I remain steadfastly convinced that the sexual assault (because it was sexual assault, let's get that clear) did not advance to the point of penetration. Or, for that matter, anywhere beyond what was revealed in the flashback: Guld (either already in a Zentraedi rage or incited into one by what he sees) knocks out Isamu, traps Myung and rips her clothes, then sees himself in the mirror. Anything beyond that would have had more... irreparable consequences for the triangle, and would have rendered that triangle less complicated than it ultimately is.

God, I love this story so much.

Edited by kajnrig

1.) He funded the dev of the ADVANCE himself? Sheesh.

2.) I don't think that scene was in the OVA, only in the movie. If people have only seen the OVA, it's understandable they wouldn't know that. I could be wrong, though. That being said, his willingness to take the blame doesn't necessarily mean that he does. It wouldn't have surprised me if Isamu did suffer some fallout from the incident regardless of Millard's cover-up.

EDIT:

Wow, reading through even just the first page of the linked thread is all sorts of enlightening. A bunch of ways to interpret the incident between Isamu/Myung/Guld seven years ago that I never even considered. Really fun reading. In the end I don't think it matters too much the specifics of what happened, because the story being told doesn't call for those specifics, but it sure is interesting to think about.

Except that I remain steadfastly convinced that the sexual assault (because it was sexual assault, let's get that clear) did not advance to the point of penetration. Or, for that matter, anywhere beyond what was revealed in the flashback: Guld (either already in a Zentraedi rage or incited into one by what he sees) knocks out Isamu, traps Myung and rips her clothes, then sees himself in the mirror. Anything beyond that would have had more... irreparable consequences for the triangle, and would have rendered that triangle less complicated than it ultimately is.

God, I love this story so much.

The UNS would risk public exposure of the classified Ghost X9 program and the embarrassment that would bring too all involved if any disciplinary actions were taken.

A free man can be expected to stay silent, a prisoner or dishonorably discharged pilot has little to lose by talking.

I suspect it was played as a "training accident" and no other internal repercussions were expected so long as everyone kept quiet.

Edited by Zinjo

Hello. I recently watched Macross plus for the first time and i must say i liked it, it is visually beatiful, it has a beautiful soundtrack, there a few scenes directed in a beatiful way etc. but i noticed some things in the story and dialogues wich looked very stupid and nonsense to me. Maybe there is an better explanation you have?

(I used the spoiler tag because this post has been removed immediately without any message or advice from the moderators, based on the rules there should not be any reason for this action but the spoiler issue was the only vaguely logical possible cause i found)

1. During the first 3 episodes Myung behave like she have some regret toward Isamu like if he did something bad and hurt her but in the last episode we see that the bad guy was Guld.. so why did Myung behave like that with Isamu? Why she behave like a friend with Guld instead and she even have sex with him??

2. How is it possible that Guld can hide his YF-21 in a ball of junk during his descent in the earth atmosphere?

3. Before Guld sacrifice himself he ask to Isamu to have a drink togheter later, so why does Isamu shout to Guld "don't do that" as if he known what he was going to do?

4. How many people they kill during their battle in the Macross city on earth (what pilot would do that? Just a criminal would do such a thing)?? They destroy a city, Does Isamu pass the rest of his life in jail for carnage??

5. During the last scene Isamu flight in circle in front of the sdf-1 head, how can an airplane flight so slowly and in such a small circle??

6. Why does Sharon Apple almost love Isamu in the first episodes and then she try to kill him in the last?? What was she actually trying to do taking control of the Macross??

2. How is it possible that Guld can hide his YF-21 in a ball of junk during his descent in the earth atmosphere?

Presumably he just looked for a sufficiently large chunk of one of the satellites that Isamu shot down to cover his descent and took shelter in that.

6. Why does Sharon Apple almost love Isamu in the first episodes and then she try to kill him in the last?? What was she actually trying to do taking control of the Macross??

Myung actually explains this one herself... Sharon's personality runs on a computer model of the human brain, and prior to gaining sentience via illegal technology her emotions were all built on emotional data scanned from the brain of Myung Fang Lone.

Initially, Sharon was attracted to Isamu because Myung was and Sharon's incomplete system was being operated by scanning Myung's emotional state in realtime.

After being illegally upgraded/completed with banned technology by Marj, Sharon internalized the recorded emotional data from Myung as her own... forming a twisted mirror of Myung's own feelings for Isamu. (Remember, her final monologue to Myung has her state that she loves Guld but she loves Isamu more.) She tried to kill Isamu out of love, because she knew (via Myung) that Isamu's an adrenaline junkie always chasing that next reckless high and therefore tried to give him the ultimate experience in that regard.

Exactly what she intended to do with the Macross isn't clear, though since she was tied into the ship's computers it probably shortly became her physical body.

The remainder questions were answered earlier.

About Plus, the OVA have more Mecha action, but I prefer the movie. Characters are more developed, Isamu is less of an annoying kid (he even gets laid in the movie).

Earth nowadays have a lot of ghost cities, never finished, evacuated as Chernobyl or simply abandoned when a certain area lacked employment alternatives. Imagine how can it be in post-cataclismic Earth. Maybe one was taken for military training purposes. And they deliberately choose that battleground. That scene was placed in different worlds in the movie, I think, placed in Eden. That would make it an incredibly detailed fake city as training ground. I can't think of a reasonable reason for the buildings to have glass, though.

Imagine how can it be in post-cataclismic Earth.

Considering the Zentradi Army's 118th Main Fleet pretty comprehensively razed the surface of the Earth, there probably aren't too many abandoned towns out there.

Maybe one was taken for military training purposes. And they deliberately choose that battleground.

Macross Chronicle indicates the dogfight took place in the outskirts of Macross City, Alaska.

That scene was placed in different worlds in the movie, I think, placed in Eden. That would make it an incredibly detailed fake city as training ground. I can't think of a reasonable reason for the buildings to have glass, though.

The battle scene in the final episode of Macross Plus (either version) was definitely on Earth. There was a mocked up training area that was used for testing on Eden, including response time trials with paint ammo and also live-fire testing with gunpods, which appeared early on in the OVA and movie.

ok if i remember well Isamu and Guld fightinside the Macross city not a ghost city. When they boost during the fight there are not simply glasses which disintegrate there are whole parts of solid buildings wich explode.

There is no reason for the city being evacuated, how should anybody have known that those 2 valkyries where going to fight between each other inside the city?? Neither there could have been the time to evacuate any city in a bunch of minutes (neither in hours). Also there is no reason for even in such a big and very important celebration every single citizen being out of his home. There are always people who don t go, somebody don t care, somebody is ill, somebody is too old or too young, etc.

The relationship between the 3 is not clear, it seems just a lack in the screenplay to me. I had no idea there was a Movie version, i ve read there is a version with simply 20 minutes more, is it this one?? I bought the blue-ray ultimate edition, wich version is that?

The YF-19 was in fighter mode in the last scene, if it was in gerwalk it would have been quite plausible.

I thing that Isamu was not listening to Guld when he said he was going to "remove the plane's limiters", and there was nothing in the Guld tone that could make Isamu understand he was lying... maybe is a lack in the italian dubbing...

Edited by Gatsu

The movie version is a recut version that is, as one expects, only about 2 hours. It cuts a lot of scenes, reorders others, and adds a few but overall is more consistently paced and in my opinion better for it. The movie version however was not dubbed into English (I can't speak for other languages such as Italian). I'd recommend looking into it.

As for the issues you have, well the entire Macross city was basically under Sharon's mind control at that point so no evacuation order was going to be issued likely. I'm not saying no one was hurt in that battle, but there is a good chance the lack of panic because no one was even aware there was a fight might actually have helped avoid casualties.

I'll be honest I always thought they were in some nearby abandoned city area and not in Macross City itself but I cannot cite anything to prove that. It made sense to me because I knew Earth was not, even by that time, heavily re-developed and Macross City was for sure the biggest population area on the planet. That said of course any other city area would not likely be a pre-Space War 1 city because basically they were all glassed. I just assumed there was some unsaid detail about why there was an underpopulated area. If official sources say it was part of Macross City, it was, and we have to assume it is not impossible there was no collateral damage as far as people being hurt.

As for the relationship between the three characters. It is clear to me.. that it is not simple to define. Real people don't have easily written relationships, and often don't act according to logical reasoning about how they feel. Even if Guld was a conscious abuser of Myung, which he wasn't, he didn't even realize what he was doing until he saw his reflection (and then likely stopped as he was so shocked he managed to block the memory of it happening), it is very common for victims to rationalize away such things and pretend it doesn't exist. It is likely too that Myung knew that Guld was not consciously responsible and purposefully avoided talking about it so that side of him never resurfaced as well.

On Isamu's side, he simply lost all faith in Guld as a result of what he saw and did, and his reactions compounded with is nature caused Myung to be disappointed in him. She wanted to move on from it or pretend like it wasn't a problem but Isamu was angry and wouldn't leave it be, which created a wedge both between him and Guld, and between him and Myung. Guld blocking the memory of what he did meanwhile thus caused him to believe Isamu was in the wrong, and he simply hated him for that and anything Isamu did in response (whether explaining the truth or just reacting as Isamu usually does, because he isn't very prudent) would just be seen as excuses. The exacerbation of their fight, plus Myung not wanting to bring up the truth in fear of Guld and perhaps in fear of her own memory of the event as mentioned before means she couldn't change his mind or bridge the gap.

So basically the problem between the three of them that makes things not so clear is that... it simply can't be clear. Psychology is hard enough to handle when you aren't throwing Zentradi rage into the mix. These kind of issues plague people every day and the fact it was so succinctly incorporated into an OVA story like this is actually as sign of good writing, not lazy writing. Everything I said is basically the tip of the iceberg in examining such a complex relationship. In short, it isn't a typical hollywood relationship that can be understood in one story, it is a realistic human relationship that would take many stories to properly understand (including covering details that Macross Plus did not even touch on).

When discussing how Isamu guessed Guld was sacrificing himself in the end.. tone of voice really does answer it. If it was hard to get that in the Italian dub.. the fault may lie in the voice actors there (I can't be sure, haven't watched it that way, and I don't speak Italian). In the original Japanese it seems pretty clear the way Guld speaks that it is a last speech, and even in the English the VAs convey the sense (plus Isamu's English VA is Bryan Cranston so it is not like they had cheap talent, even if this was years before Walter White, lol).

I'd suggest watching the movie version in Japanese with subtitles (english or Italian, I'm sure Italian subtitles exist somewhere for it) and see if that helps with that at all.

But failing all of that, we can always fall back on the fact that when asked to sum up Macross Plus, Kawamori himself described it simple as thus: "It's a very serious story, with a very silly plot."

Edited by Master Dex

On the box art for the VF-19A of SVF-569 "Lightnings" is the carrier CV-339.

What is it? When is it, Where is it?

I think its an Uraga Class carrier BUT thats a starship, not waterborne.

34.jpg

kef01.jpg

uraga-escortbattlecarrier-lineart.gif

Asking as I am modelling some Carrier decks as displays and what to include this one ONCE I find info on its name and deck layout.

I think its an Uraga Class carrier BUT thats a starship, not waterborne.

Asking as I am modelling some Carrier decks as displays and what to include this one ONCE I find info on its name and deck layout.

It's an Uraga class carrier. And yes, they are both for sea and space use - we've just never really seen one animated in use on the water.

I'll be honest I always thought they were in some nearby abandoned city area and not in Macross City itself but I cannot cite anything to prove that. It made sense to me because I knew Earth was not, even by that time, heavily re-developed and Macross City was for sure the biggest population area on the planet. That said of course any other city area would not likely be a pre-Space War 1 city because basically they were all glassed. I just assumed there was some unsaid detail about why there was an underpopulated area. If official sources say it was part of Macross City, it was, and we have to assume it is not impossible there was no collateral damage as far as people being hurt.

I always felt the same. In SDFM, we saw the growth of cities & settlements built around crashed Zentradi vessels. It seemed to me that the duel took place in a city that was abandoned after the Emigration project kicked in.

The main story evidence that I saw were:

1) No visual cues of the Macross during the dogfight

2) No remorse about the damage they caused, even when they calmed down & cooled off

3) Isamu & Guld have no idea about the concert/brainwashing until the Ghost arrives, broadcasting Borderline

4) An implied (although this might've just been me) period of time between the launch of the ghost & it's arrival with Guld & Isamu

5) And, primarily - in the OVA, ep 4 begins with Sharon's concert, and it's night time in Macross City. At the same time, G & I are entering the atmosphere, then have a battle at sunset. This always implied to me that they came in in a very different location.

Although, thinking of it now, they'd have to be West of M City, which is in Alaska... Where would they be? IIRC, they reordered the movie a bit, but I only saw that for the first time a few years ago.

Good analysis on the relationship between the characters. They're really some of the most human anime characters I've seen (at least in scifi), and really the most interesting of the franchise's triangles.

Hmmm, thinking of it M+: Is there a deliberate similarity between Sharon Apple's emotional system and the Spiritia Absorption Beam used by the Varauta? Both draw from the emotions of the target by firing a tight beam right on the forehead. Just to a rather different degree...

EDIT: OK, I just watched a bit of OVA 4 - the concert/brainwashing and the launch of the Ghost all happen at the same time that Isamu & Guld are entering atmosphere. To me, this is quite clearly indicating a different location for the fight. Sure, maybe they changed it of the movie - cuz when DON'T they change the story for the movie?

It's an Uraga class carrier. And yes, they are both for sea and space use - we've just never really seen one animated in use on the water.

There were several of them parked in the ocean on Rax in Macross 7. Notably, Fire Bomber held a concert on one, where Mylene used her song energy to ease some tension between her parents.

Edited by Kelsain

There were several of them parked in the ocean on Rax in Macross 7. Notably, Fire Bomber held a concert on one, where Mylene used her song energy to ease some tension between her parents.

Right. All I could recall from that story arc were the ruined ones 'in' the water, so... erred on the side of caution.

Although, thinking of it now, they'd have to be West of M City, which is in Alaska... Where would they be? IIRC, they reordered the movie a bit, but I only saw that for the first time a few years ago.

West of Alaska would mean the Far East of Russia. Which would be totally awesome in my view :)

A Uraga-class escort battle carrier.

After 2041, considering there's a VF-19A.

In the water.

2) No remorse about the damage they caused, even when they calmed down & cooled off

They didn't get much of a cooldown before the Ghost showed up to ruin the moment.

There's a lot of Alaska west of Macross City... almost all of it, in fact.

The maps in Macross Chronicle are not super-precise, but we know Macross City was built within eyeshot of Grand Cannon 1/Alaska Base. The Grand Cannon technology sheet shows a rough location for Grand Cannon 1 that puts it either due north of Central, AK and due west of Circle, AK, or due east of Fort Yukon, AK.

Officially, the dogfight in the city took place in the outskirts of Macross City, AK.

I know it's OFFICIALLY in Macross City, I'm just saying that the OVA left me with a different perception for a decade, so it's a little hard to reconcile. I'm just laying out my pre-contradicted thought process.

I'd have to check YouTube, but I'm pretty sure that the movie version changed up the order a bit, as part of it's fairly effective narrative streamlining. It probably makes more sense in that regard.

As far as being West of AK Base - I have not seen the Chronicle map, I'm afraid, so I didn't know geographically where it was located. The difference in day light indicates that they'd be pretty far though. I did think of Eastern Russia - as a mostly blasted out, desolate landscape, the Earth looks pretty much the same wherever you go. While we don't see the ocean at any point, it could be below the cloud cover in the post-flashback portion. And VF's do move pretty fast... OTOH, in DYRL the sea level seems to have dropped considerably, so maybe there's less water in the Bearing Straight.

This is all a Moo Point, though - as it's canonically Macross City we see. So, perhaps they just strayed pretty far from the city in the later portion of the dogfight.

As far as my remorse comment goes - the two pilots did have time to reconcile their feelings, joke about lunches, have a hearty laugh AND air-dance for a while. You'd think there'd be a moment of "Oh sh*t, we did a lot of damage back there... Hope we didn't kill anyone in our petty squabble..."

Edited by Kelsain

i don't want to create confusion but i have a question about Macross7 that i never watched anyway: If it s in 2045 how can Maximilian Jenius and Fallina be so young?? They must be 55 years old at least.

About M+: yes i didn't notice the fact you say about the time they fight wich was sunset and that in macross city it was night... i will rewatch Macross + as soon as i receive the blue-ray.

But anyway: they destroy a building (not just his glasses) with a boost. And the city didn t look like a ghost abandoned city, it looks like a new shining city.

i don't want to create confusion but i have a question about Macross7 that i never watched anyway: If it s in 2045 how can Maximilian Jenius and Fallina be so young?? They must be 55 years old at least.

The reason that Max and Milia look young is kind of an in-joke on the part of the show's creators.

Namely, Max is a genius (or Jenius)... and growing old is a state of mind for normal men.

I have found that of no concern whatsoever. Why would overtechnology not have any effect on medical care or cosmetics?