hey I found this link, it tell little about each episode of the original macross tv series... and what there original plans for each episode. For example in the episode Big Escape an encounter between Max and the giant Milia, but did not have the luxury of more time to develop subplots. http://www.animeigo....cross-tv-series

Those are the liner notes that came with the Animeigo release of the SDF Macross-TV series.

I recently finished watching the dubbed version of SDF Macross that's available for streaming on Hulu. Does anyone know how faithful the dub was in rendering the original Japanese version of the story into English? Was it pretty much a straight translation, or did they edit any aspects of the story?

I haven't seen the entire subbed version but I think it was based off the Animeigo subs, they might have changed a few words for lip-synching purposes.

You can find out more about writing the sub-titles of the Animeigo release from this article from the front page of our site.

http://www.macrossworld.com/3640/an-interview-with-robert-woodhead-about-animeigos-macross-dvd-set/

I haven't seen the entire subbed version but I think it was based off the Animeigo subs, they might have changed a few words for lip-synching purposes.

You can find out more about writing the sub-titles of the Animeigo release from this article from the front page of our site.

http://www.macrosswo...across-dvd-set/

Thanks... haha, he doesn't seem like he's too into doing the interview.

Does anyone know why the singing voice for Emilia in M7 The galaxy is calling me is never credited? I remember reading that either Tochiro or Renato got the name of the singer out of some drunk Macross super otaku and it was someone fairly unknown (which is pretty surprising with that voice).

Does anyone know why the singing voice for Emilia in M7 The galaxy is calling me is never credited? I remember reading that either Tochiro or Renato got the name of the singer out of some drunk Macross super otaku and it was someone fairly unknown (which is pretty surprising with that voice).

I think the "why" will probably never be known, unless it was similar to Macross 7 TV, where they wanted to hide the involvement of the singers at first, to create the impression that Basara and Mylene's voice actors were also singing the songs (despite, of course, the fact that Chie Kajiura's and Tomo Sakurai's singing voices sound nothing alike).

But for Mika Okudoi, Emilia's singer, she lists the song among her credits on her website: http://micaokudoi.com/ (at the bottom of her "Biography" section)

Something I've always wondered: In the DYRL style cockpit, tilting the throttle stick to 90 degrees puts the valk in fighter mode and tilting it straight up signals the transformation to battroid. So what position is the throttle in for Gerwalk mode?

From what I've seen it seems to be at 90 degrees like fighter mode. If that's the case then how does the pilot distinguish between changing to fighter mode and changing to Gerwalk? Or is the throttle at some other positiong for Gerwalk, like 45 degrees?

Bingo.

Or it's a B/G/F switch(s)/safety switch on throttle which the pilot presses, then tilts the throttle 90-degrees. Otherwise, you're gonna have a lot of accidental transformations. That's my thinking.

I would assume it works like any aircraft control with a lock on it---you cannot move it fully from one extreme to the other, without also lifting/pressing another latch to permit full movement. This is usually incorporated on the flap handle (and thrust reverser lever), to prevent accidently choosing fully extended or fully retracted from the opposite condition. So on a valk, I'd assume it naturally "stops" at GERWALK mode, and you can't go all the way fighter-battroid (or vice-versa) unless you "press the button" to allow moving it all the way from one side to the other. (and thus simply moving the throttle without pressing the button would make it automatically stop at 45 degrees, so you don't have to worry about "hitting the mark" in the heat of battle)

I know on the F-16, you cannot simply "slam the throttles" all the way forward to full afterburner---it will stop at full non-burner. You have to rotate the throttles up/out a bit to get them over the stop. (learned that from the time I got a few mins of F-16 sim)

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen the title of opening/closing song of Flashback 2012 variously translated as "Angel's Colours", "The Song of Angel's Paints" or "Angel's Paint". Anyone have any idea which of these translations is closer to the spirit of the original name in japanese?

• 2 weeks later...

Not that I've ever seen, but I do have a rough size comparison chart that has a profile view of the Varauta Fleet Flagship (if that's the same one we're talking about). See attachment.

Yes that's the beast. :)

Thanks.

Do we know her width and height?

Hi guys,

just a quick music related question :D

Today I watched "M7:The Galaxy is Calling Me!" and would like to know if there is a CD with the "Heart and Soul" song on it. Was searching on CD Japan but with no result.

Edited by Paliodor