Is it true that the engine room of the Venator-class Star Destroyer is modeled after the Gravity Control System of the SDF-1 Macross?

I've seen something to that effect on the Star Wars wiki, but IIRC they didn't source the statement. I'll consult a SW-savvy friend of mine from another board and see if he knows.

Is it true that the engine room of the Venator-class Star Destroyer is modeled after the Gravity Control System of the SDF-1 Macross?

ANSWER GET!

Yes, the engine room of the Venator-class Star Destroyer is modeled on the Gravity Control room aboard the SDF-1 Macross. This bit of trivia was, in fact, announced in the trivia section of StarWars.com's page for the ninth episode of the Star Wars: the Clone Wars animated series. Quote from the website is as follows, and the page can be accessed directly here.

The catwalks and clusters of cylinders that dominate the engine room are an architectural nod to the gravity control room found aboard the Super Dimensional Fortress (SDF-1) from the Macross anime, (or Robotech series, if you're so inclined).

(Thanks to jaymz from the Palladium Books forums for his help with this one!)

Edited by Seto Kaiba

ANSWER GET!

Yes, the engine room of the Venator-class Star Destroyer is modeled on the Gravity Control room aboard the SDF-1 Macross. This bit of trivia was, in fact, announced in the trivia section of StarWars.com's page for the ninth episode of the Star Wars: the Clone Wars animated series. Quote from the website is as follows, and the page can be accessed directly here.

(Thanks to jaymz from the Palladium Books forums for his help with this one!)

MIND. BLOWN. The Force is with Macross!!!

The Force is with Macross!!!

Always! at least that is what is written on the VF-1's HUD, zoom in and look at the text boxed in red below the numerical panel, from Variable Fighter Master File VF-1 Valkyrie Vol. 1 ( yeah I already know this is not canon, but it's funny.)

post-8744-0-90235700-1335830848_thumb.jpg

Was it ever explained what SDF-1's original planned mission was supposed to be before the events of Launch Day put an end to to that?

This isn't the right thread for these kinds of questions. The newbiew questions thread is (mod move?)...

Nevertheless, the original mission was to serve as the flagship/first battleship of the Earth Unified Forces space fleet to defend Earth from aliens that they didn't know when would show up. These aliens just happened to show up on the day of the launch ceremony.

Was it ever explained what SDF-1's original planned mission was supposed to be before the events of Launch Day put an end to to that?

Like sketchley said, the Macross's original mission was to be the flagship and first battleship of the UN Spacy's fleet protecting Earth... tho in Macross II's timeline, the specific mission the Macross was being prepped for when all hell broke loose was to conduct space operations testing on the VF-1 with the Super/Strike/Armored packs during its shakedown cruise.

I have a trivia challenge...

I was reviewing the first few SDF Macross episodes to figure out exactly how and when the ARMD-1 and 2 were destroyed and I discovered that the ARMD-2 was beaten to a pulp but never actually declared destroyed. ARMD-2 was damaged in the first wave before the SDF-1 takes off and just before docking with the SDF-1, Britai orders a barrage that takes out 3 ships, ARMD-1 and two Oberth class ships (Miranda and Akishima as I recall). Every source claims the ARMD-2 was destroyed but is it a solid fact stated in the story dialogue or animation or other source considered canon?

Anyone?

MC mechanic SDFM UN 14a sheet simply indicates that ARMD-01 and 02 were "defeated" by the Zentraadi.

VFMF:VF-1 indicates that the ARMD-02 was destroyed during the final Bodoru Fleet battle (end of SWI).

Like sketchley said, the Macross's original mission was to be the flagship and first battleship of the UN Spacy's fleet protecting Earth... tho in Macross II's timeline, the specific mission the Macross was being prepped for when all hell broke loose was to conduct space operations testing on the VF-1 with the Super/Strike/Armored packs during its shakedown cruise.

Seems to me both operations could have been performed concurrently in peace time.

did any ARMD's survive the final space battle with Boduro?

Well, the Macross Chronicle mechanic sheet may use "defeated" instead of "destroyed", but the force dispositions given for the UN Spacy in February 2010 indicate only six ARMDs were in service at the time (ARMDs 3-8), and it would appear that none of them survived.

Seems to me both operations could have been performed concurrently in peace time.

That was, I would assume, the intent... the Macross wasn't being launched to go fight a war right away, it wasn't like they knew they the ship would end up in the center of a massive space war. The Macross II universe has a different timeline, and one of the things that's somewhat different is the development history of the VF-1 Valkyrie. Some variants, such as the VT-1 and VE-1, have radically different backstories for Macross II's universe compared to what they have in the main Macross timeline.

ARMD 1 & 2 were specifically launched for space testing the VF-1.

If Macross the First is canon, then apparently the Super Packs were already well under development before the outbreak of SWI - presumably due to the space testing on the ARMDs.

ARMD 1 & 2 were specifically launched for space testing the VF-1.

If Macross the First is canon, then apparently the Super Packs were already well under development before the outbreak of SWI - presumably due to the space testing on the ARMDs.

Is Macross the First canon?

Yeah, it's that way in the Macross II universe as well... the Super Pack and Armored Pack were already proceeding into operational testing at the time Space War 1 broke out.

• 2 weeks later...

That was, I would assume, the intent... the Macross wasn't being launched to go fight a war right away, it wasn't like they knew they the ship would end up in the center of a massive space war.

In fact, they had orders not to initiate hostilities with any aliens they encountered.

See: Booby Trap.

It's also implied the Macross was going to go out and look FOR those aliens, leaving Earth in the hands of vessels without fold drives, like the ARMDs.

I've looked around for this, and no real luck. What day exactly in September 2012 did the Megaroad launch from earth?

I don't think that it's ever mentioned. Macross tends to be like that in that it rarely gives specific dates for its events. Frontier is actually the one rare case where the specific date an episode takes place.

I don't think that it's ever mentioned. Macross tends to be like that in that it rarely gives specific dates for its events. Frontier is actually the one rare case where the specific date an episode takes place.

It's not mentioned. The closest we get is:

• September - Megaroad-01 launches as part of the first Super Long Range Emigration Fleet. Construction of mass-produced Super Long Range Emigration ships Megaroad-02 and -03 based on the Megaroad. Hereafter, one or two Super Long Range Emigration Ships are constructed yearly.

Frontier is actually the one rare case where the specific date an episode takes place.

Incorrect. There are a handful of other specific time mentions (that's time, not only day) in other series, too.

Examples:

• December 25, at about 07:20 - Kamjin Kravshera launches a strike on Onogi City to capture a reaction engine power condenser.

• January 5 - All Isamu Alva Dyson's exploits are deprived by the Unified Air Force; he is assigned as the seventh test pilot of the YF-19 at New Edwards Test Flight Center on Eden.

• February 2nd - Mylene Flare Jenius celebrates her 15th birthday.

• July 23, 19:20 Earth Standard Time - idol group Milky Dolls are captured during a concert and taken to an abandoned emigrant planet.

and so on and so forth...

Does anyone know of a quality sub done for Mac0? I know I saw one a few years ago that was excellent and solidified it as one of my favorites, but I lost it when my old HD died. Also, Zero has yet to see any kind of HD release correct?

Does anyone know of a quality sub done for Mac0? I know I saw one a few years ago that was excellent and solidified it as one of my favorites, but I lost it when my old HD died. Also, Zero has yet to see any kind of HD release correct?

I don't know what you're refering to specifically when you say "HD release" but I can tell you that The Macross Zero Bluray Box was released in 2008.

The subs I have are Anbu/AonE. They do well for the first couple of eps, but they start to make some nomenclature mistakes in the latter couple of eps. (e.g.: "PCS reaction" magically becomes "PC-35") I used a subtitle editor to make some fixes to my versions of the eps. Perhaps by now, there's some corrected subs out there. I downloaded these subs some time ago...

They should be available on the Macrosshare website.

Incorrect. There are a handful of other specific time mentions (that's time, not only day) in other series, too.

Oops, what I meant to say is that Frontier is the only Macross series that I've seen that actually gives a specific date for every episode. I forgot to add that to my original post.

I really hope that I'll be around and with full mental faculties in 2059 to watch Macross Frontier during the dates that the episodes are supposed to happen. Episodes 6 & 7 supposedly happen on what will be my 89th birthday!

Is Aegis Focker supposed to be a clone of Roy?

フォッカー姓を名乗っているが、ロイ・フォッカーとの類縁関係について明確な設定は明らかになっていない。

Source: http://ja.wikipedia.....82.AB.E3.83.BC

Which is pretty much the conclusion of numerous discussions in these forums and others dedicated to Macross. Though it's highly likely that it's just another blonde guy with similar characteristics and the same surname.

Edited by sketchley

Source: http://ja.wikipedia.....82.AB.E3.83.BC

Which is pretty much the conclusion of numerous discussions in these forums and others dedicated to Macross. Though it's highly likely that it's just another blonde guy with similar characteristics and the same surname.

That's nice, but what does it say?? I've been perusing these forums for about two years, but I don't recall any conversations about Aegis Focker's lineage.