1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

(In all fairness to the New Unification Government, Grammier was trying to negotiate his way out of having to abide by what was essentially a strategic arms anti-proliferation treaty aimed at controllng the spread of dimensional warheads.  They can hardly be blamed for saying no, even if Grammier didn't want to hear it.)

When your nation's only viable export is highly-enriched uranium, it is hard to not take it personally when "the man" says you can't sell it to anyone.

Personally, I'd've pushed for a compromise position. Get fold drive manufacturing facilities set up on Windermere for the mass production of quartz-based fold drives. The galaxy gets a lot smaller because everyone has low-lag drives, Windermere is readily accessible to the rest of the universe, and they are the center of a thriving next-gen fold drive industry that brings mad bank to the planetary coffers. And the quartz is only exported in small amounts as part of the drives, so the NUN still has proliferation control. Everybody wins... except I think the NUN wanted exclusive control of all technology associated with fold quartz to maintain tactical superiority?

This conversation brings up some interesting possibilities for the next Delta movie..

7 hours ago, JB0 said:

When your nation's only viable export is highly-enriched uranium, it is hard to not take it personally when "the man" says you can't sell it to anyone.

Based on what King Grammier VI said on the subject in The White Knight of the Black Wing, the New Unification Government wasn't just strictly regulating how much fold quartz that planets like Windermere IV were allowed to export at a time.  They also apparently exercised direct oversight of the actual mining/extraction operations themselves to ensure that no shortsighted idiot with dollar-sign wingding eyes was going to do something apocalyptically stupid like attacking a Vajra hive or recklessly invading a Protoculture ruin keeping some ridiculous superweapon from the schism war sealed.  If nothing else, it proves the New UN Gov't is learning from its mistakes and becoming rather genre-savvy.

(For their part, the Vajra aren't ones to take attacks laying down and at least one faction of ancient Protoculture realized that a Keep Out sign can be self-enforcing if it's made in the form of a swarm of heavily armed and highly aggressive self-replicating biotechnological killing machines that take violent exception to intruders.)

7 hours ago, JB0 said:

Personally, I'd've pushed for a compromise position. Get fold drive manufacturing facilities set up on Windermere for the mass production of quartz-based fold drives. The galaxy gets a lot smaller because everyone has low-lag drives, Windermere is readily accessible to the rest of the universe, and they are the center of a thriving next-gen fold drive industry that brings mad bank to the planetary coffers. And the quartz is only exported in small amounts as part of the drives, so the NUN still has proliferation control. Everybody wins... except I think the NUN wanted exclusive control of all technology associated with fold quartz to maintain tactical superiority?

I doubt it would've worked out... Windermere IV wanted to have full control over their fold quartz mining and exports.  They didn't have the technological base to manufacture their own overtechnology, so it'd be down to them and not the New UN Government to try to attract private enterprise to Windermere IV to build fold systems there.  Even then, it likely wouldn't have appeased King Grammier since the workforce would likely have been brought in from offworld to do the manufacturing and most of the money would likely end up flowing into the offworld coffers of whatever corporation set up shop there.  The net economic stimulus would probably be pretty small.

Just now, Bolt said:

This conversation brings up some interesting possibilities for the next Delta movie..

Really, I expect the next Delta movie will likely go somewhere else. 

Windermere IV was pretty comprehensively declawed at the end of Macross Delta.  Prince Heinz II was permanently out of action thanks to having abused his runes to the point that he's as infirm at age 9 as his father was at 35, they lost the Star Shrine, and the Aerial Knights took heavy losses including the Knight-Commander, the White Knight of Darwent, and several of their top aces.  The whole galaxy is wise to their plan to use their food exports to spread Var syndrome, so their economy's headed down the tubes and they've lost their exclusive business partner in the Epsilon Foundation so military procurement is a great big goose egg.

If it wasn't an agri-world, any future visit to Windermere IV would probably feature them boiling their boots for nourishment.

I know going round the speculation wheel can be fun. But it can also be boring..

having said that, my logic circuits tell me this forthcoming Delta flick is based more on the success of Walkure than anything else.  As you point out Seto, things were pretty much wrapped up for the kingdom of Windermere. 

So , with that in mind, Will Freyja be present ( or even alive),  I expect so , if only to keep the real life idol group gigging. will Mikumo mature into an even more powerful force? Will they go down the rabbit hole deeper with red herring lady M?

And what about Xaos? Will they even be around? As I’ve said before, it would be great to see Mirage move up in rank and ability. We know the VF-31 will be around , it’s also about selling toys and wearing out those molds ..

Many more questions , but we don’t know what’s in the writers minds . It could just be some new antagonist that comes out of nowhere that’s Xaos and Walküre must defeat to save the day..

15 minutes ago, Bolt said:

I know going round the speculation wheel can be fun. But it can also be boring... having said that, my logic circuits tell me this forthcoming Delta flick is based more on the success of Walkure than anything else.

If your logic circuits came to any other conclusion, I'd be recommending you contact a service technician immediately.

Another Macross Delta movie didn't make sense... it made cents, as in "dollars and".

So , with that in mind, Will Freyja be present ( or even alive),  I expect so , if only to keep the real life idol group gigging. will Mikumo mature into an even more powerful force?

Given that Macross Delta is more or less just an overwrought commercial for Walkure's CDs, you can expect all five to be present and contractually immune from anything that might constitute more than superficial character development.  Can't do anything that might make the girls less marketable as waifu material after all. :rolleyes:

Will they go down the rabbit hole deeper with red herring lady M?

Oh, undoubtedly... the only question there is whether it'll be all tease and denial or just a messy finish that leaves everyone unsatisfied.

And what about Xaos? Will they even be around? As I’ve said before, it would be great to see Mirage move up in rank and ability. We know the VF-31 will be around , it’s also about selling toys and wearing out those molds ..

Xaos will be around.  It's an interstellar conglomerate whose star has been on the rise for the last decade or so.  The entertainment division managing Walkure and the other Tactical Sound Units and the PMC division providing security personnel in the Brisingr globular cluster are just two of their many business ventures.  Their main business ventures are in fold navigation (cargo/passenger transport?) and fold communications.  They've been in business for 50+ years, so they're not gonna vanish overnight.

The VF-31's going to be around for a while, even if we don't necessarily see it, since it's tipped to be next main fighter for the Brisingr Alliance NUNS when it's formally adopted two or three years down the line (c.2069-2070) and we can expect it'll get twenty or more years in that role before its replacement starts to be phased in.  I'm inclined to wonder if it will wind up being widely adopted, since it's a latecomer to the 5th Generation and by all accounts the VF-24 and VF-25 made considerable inroads in that field already.

Many more questions , but we don’t know what’s in the writers minds.

The writing quality of Delta's second half suggests pocket lint and a particularly exhausted gerbil.

I have a window seat at work but I want to bring in a valkyrie to display on my desk, I know a white one would be a bad idea because of yellowing; but what about the darker ones like the YF-29B?

As you may well know. Nothing can withstand prolonged exposure without fading, Macross toys being no exception.

The Perceval is a beautiful bird, would be a shame to have it turn some awful color after 6 months.(I’m guessing)

maybe you could give it a clear coat of something to extend the UV resistance.

Try asking again somewhere in the Toy category, you’re sure to get a lot more responses. Some of the toy heads probably don’t even browse this category.

Speaking of sun and fading... I recently discovered a Bandai Rigado that I had accidentally left on a downstairs window frame (long story short: earthquake damage repairs), and all the decals facing outside were faded (especially the reds).  The plastic doesn't appear to have faded/yellowed, but keep in mind that thicker plastic usually takes longer to show discolouration.

What about a 'throwaway' VF?  Something that doesn't matter if it falls off the desk and breaks, or becomes discoloured from the sun, etc.  Like one of the Mecha Collection VFs?

4 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

I have a window seat at work but I want to bring in a valkyrie to display on my desk, I know a white one would be a bad idea because of yellowing; but what about the darker ones like the YF-29B?

You could get a display box for it with UV-filtering glass/plexiglass.

VF-25 was said to be Kawamori's second, more informed, wiser attempt at redoing the VF-1. Frontier have some parallelism with DYRL, with an even more alien antagonist forces.

VF-31 was stated somewhere to be the same approach about both the VF-11 and VF-19. Delta also have some parallelism with 7 if you think of Pretty Glasses as Geperunichi, particularly at the end.

So second Delta movie will feature Fire Bomber against illegal galactic whaling. I mean, Walküre going full environmentally conscious. Or something like that.

On 4/10/2019 at 8:04 AM, blackconvoy_D01 said:

That is still a very expensive thing to subject to UV damage. I recommend smaller inexpensive things to display like the Bandai Macross mission gachapon.